July 23, 2019, 09:29:11 PM

Author Topic: How to promote my book  (Read 273 times)

Offline A.A.R

How to promote my book
« on: June 24, 2019, 07:50:50 PM »
Hi,

Thank you, i didnt know there were bots. Im trying to promote my book but im really bad at it. Is there a way, or does anyone know an efficient way?

Abbe
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 08:06:04 AM by ScarletBea »

Offline Eclipse

• Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
  • Dragonrider
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Dancing with Death: And the Rise of the Phoenix
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2019, 09:52:14 PM »
Why not introduce yourself on the general forum. Tell us more 😀  about yourself  like which books you like to read?

I think you should post here too  http://fantasy-faction.com/forum/writers-corner/adventures-in-writing/

Writers helping each other.

@ScarletBea can you move Abbe question to writer corner thank you about finding it hard to promote your books.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 09:57:01 PM by Eclipse »
According to some,* heroic deaths are admirable things

* Generally those who don't have to do it.Politicians and writers spring to mind

Jonathan Stroud:Ptolmy's Gate

Offline ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
Re: How to promote my book
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2019, 08:07:20 AM »
@ScarletBea can you move Abbe question to writer corner thank you about finding it hard to promote your books.
Great idea, thanks - done!

AAR I'm sure you're not the only one with this question :)
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" - Douglas Adams

Offline A.A.R

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2019, 01:19:03 PM »
Thanks guys. Advertisment on Amazon and fb, does that stuff work or is waste of money? I dont even know where to start promoting it. Anyone got ideas that work?

Abbe

Offline Not Lu

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2019, 04:33:19 PM »
Thanks guys. Advertisment on Amazon and fb, does that stuff work or is waste of money? I dont even know where to start promoting it. Anyone got ideas that work?

Abbe

FB and Amazon ads work, but you'll probably need two or three books in a series to be profitable (depending on your price). If you've only got one book published I'd wait on FB ads. But, if you're looking for exposure you can set up some Amazon sponsored product keyword ads. Use author names and book titles that are very close to your book (the tighter the targeting the better due to the way the Amazon algo works). Don't bid too high and you'll spend pennies a day. You won't sell a lot this way, but if you're in Kindle Unlimited you'll get page reads which helps you build an audience for when you get the next book written. 

If you're looking for more exposure then you can set your book free or 99 cents and pay some promotion sites to showcase your book. Again, with just one book you probably won't recover the cost of the promo, but it's a way to move a handful of books. Here's a list: https://nicholaserik.com/promo-sites/

The next way to get exposure is to write the next book and publish it. :)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 03:20:44 PM by Not Lu »

Online isos81

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2019, 08:28:51 PM »
Instagram ads is another option
Kallor shrugged. 'I've walked this land when the T'lan Imass were but children. I've commanded armies a hundred thousand strong. I've spread the fire of my wrath across entire continents, and sat alone upon tall thrones. Do you grasp the meaning of this?'

'Yes' said Caladan Brood. 'You never learn'

Offline A.A.R

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2019, 03:21:21 PM »
Anyone Who have first hand experience with amazon ads?

Offline J.R. Darewood

• aka Duckly Breadgood
  • Writing Group
  • Master Namer
  • Zork. And it was all downhill from there.
    • View Profile
    • Nerd Empire
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2019, 02:48:28 AM »
I'm on a few author forums on fb.

Ads don't seem to be great, of all of them a well-produced instagram ad seems to yield the highest return.  I've heard of a lot of people loosing money on ads.

There are like book lists where you can do a promo which seems to work sometimes.  Just reading people on here, getting reviewed somewhere got Teb an uptick, and doing an AMA on reddit r/fantasy seemed to do wonders for Eli, but I haven't finished my book.  I've tried light promoting of some anthologies that I'm in, but tbh I have NO idea what I'm talking about and have had very little success on this end so I probably shouldn't have posted :)