September 18, 2019, 02:56:37 PM

Author Topic: Process for an Ebook  (Read 921 times)

Offline Jonathan Walles

• Soulfinder
  • Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Process for an Ebook
« on: January 10, 2014, 10:28:42 PM »
Hey guys!

So I had a few questions and was wondering if anyone can help me out. I'm working on my first novel and its currently in the editing process with my editor at Scribendi. Before this book's completion though I wanted to TRY and get a short story published for kindle.

I'm guessing after I get the short story edited too, Id submit it to that KDP website right? or is there something I'm supposed to do before that? and for that matter is there a format Ebooks are supposed to be submitted in? or does a wordfile work fine?

any info you guys give me will really help because my main novel I also want to submit for kindle as well when its time.

Thanks if anything guys.

Offline Shadowhand

Re: Process for an Ebook
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 12:12:38 AM »
I highly recommend downloading Smashwords free formatting guide. The information there can be applied to all ebook publishers. Amazon has some formatting info, IIRC, but Smashwords guide is much more comprehensive and walks you through step-by-step. You just have to wade through the ironically amateurish fonts and typespacing, as well as the early pages of marketspeak.
Language is Power

Offline Jonathan Walles

• Soulfinder
  • Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Re: Process for an Ebook
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2014, 02:24:48 AM »
thanks dude :D