March 30, 2020, 08:57:00 PM

Author Topic: Little Wrtiting/Creativity Game : Who lives there?  (Read 12730 times)

Online JMack

• Hircum Magna Rex of the Fabled Atku Temple, and writing contest regular
  • Writing Group
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Our daily efforts are love poems to the universe.
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
Re: Little Wrtiting/Creativity Game : Who lives there?
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2016, 01:20:22 PM »
It's amazing what people spend their money on, thinks Jae. Take these girls, for instance. How much did their parents pay for them to be able to live and work in Old Edo Themeland? Good thing no one knows I'm working here illegally. They'd demand a king's ransom for me to stay and carry sacks from place to place.

What a hunk, thinks Kaiko. No one in the New City has anything like real muscles. They're all just bio-sculpted. You can tell.

What's that light across the divide? wonders Marita. Oh. Daddy won;t be pleased if that's a photographer. We'll have to move. Again.

Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline Nora

• Dropped in from another planet avec son sourire provocateur - et Hades and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • The Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2016, 01:28:35 PM »

Yuki is an old yokai. He used to be a Shrine familiar in Japan, a divine white beast : a snake. But when his Shrine was destroyed, he was imprisoned and sealed inside an old tree. A century passed, and Yuki wakes up as his prison is cut down to make way for the advance of the monstrous city. Yuki has no more shrine, no God to attend to, and is totally lost in this new world he doesn't recognize. In his shape of a white snake, he slithers around looking for a new Shrine, a new God that would take him on again, but is picked up instead by a young local who thought to help 'a poor animal'. After the shock of the snake turning into a panicked full grown man in old flowing kimono, the two befriend each other and the young local offers to teach Yuki the ways of this new world and to look for a new place for him to live in.

Since y'all into ships atm :

« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 01:31:28 PM by Nora »
"She will need coffee soon, or molecular degeneration will set in. Her French phrasing will take over even more strongly, and soon she will dissolve into a puddle of alienation and Kierkegaardian despair."  ~ Jmack

Wishy washy lyricism and maudlin unrequited love are my specialty - so said Lady_Ty

Offline Justan Henner

• Barbarian who pronounces are, our and hour all the same way
  • Writing Group
  • Auror
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2016, 02:48:20 PM »

Sarah looked out to the rickety old bridge in the distance, knowing that when it collapsed because Olive just had to have that forth box of Neutronian Sunpears, that she would not save her sister. Then, and the only then, would the world finally agree, that Sarah had 'Worn it Best.'
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 02:59:54 PM by Justan Henner »

Offline Phoenix

« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2016, 03:13:43 PM »

At the end of the life of a world ravaged by war, a portal is ripped open through time and space to stop the apocalypse from happening.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 03:34:04 PM by Dragonbane »
"My death shall spark a war, and from the ashes of the battlefield I shall be reborn"

Offline Henry Dale

• The Unsummonable and a Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Gentleman Bastard
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2016, 03:18:29 PM »
@Dragonbane
The image isn't visible for us.
Here's the correct link:

I'll leave others to make up a story for it cuz I know what the concept art was for specifically.

Edit: as of now fixed by Arry so nvm :p
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 03:48:00 PM by Henry Dale »

Offline xiagan

• Writing Contest Organizer
  • Powers That Be
  • Ringbearer
  • Master Procrastinator
    • View Profile
Little Wrtiting/Creativity Game : Who lives there?
« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2016, 03:43:37 PM »
I can see his picture just fine...
"Sire, I had no need of that hypothesis." (Laplace)

Offline Phoenix

« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2016, 03:45:24 PM »
I can see his picture just fine...
;D lol cuz arry fixed it for me
"My death shall spark a war, and from the ashes of the battlefield I shall be reborn"

Offline Very Tired Writer

« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2016, 03:31:59 AM »

Our young band of adventurers stumbles across the Valley of Heroes, filled with faces forgotten by time. Though they cannot recognize these brave warriors, they are filled with a sense of determination as they pass by on their journey.
I don't even know what to put here yet

Offline Blackthorn

« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2016, 03:44:25 AM »

Mason looked upwards cursing, his ship had already refueled. They would be leaving soon and he had to get to the docks to board. Surely they wont leave without the new apprentice mechanic he tells himself, hefting his bag of secondhand tools and tearing off towards the launch bay.

Mara took several deep breaths, preparing herself for what was ahead. She hefted her sword and shield. Each of these statues was about to come to life, each was tasked with preventing her from entering the sacred shrine. One after the other she must  defeat the ancestors of her past, to prove her worth.

Here's one of my own:

Online JMack

• Writing Group
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2016, 03:51:08 AM »
And here's another.  ;D ;D
What evil can we wring out of this one?

Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline Blackthorn

« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2016, 04:31:28 AM »
 ;D Shes gonna hit that goat and gut it with the rake to feed her children. Answer your question jmack?

On a serious note I cant get any researching done while this thread exists because the internet is sooo full of images.

Online JMack

• Writing Group
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2016, 04:33:00 AM »
;D Shes gonna hit that goat and gut it with the rake to feed her children. Answer your question jmack?

On a serious note I cant get any researching done while this thread exists because the internet is sooo full of images.

Actually, I suspect the goats are about to eat her. But it could be a close thing.
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline Blackthorn

« Reply #57 on: February 27, 2016, 04:41:33 AM »

Actually, I suspect the goats are about to eat her. But it could be a close thing.

I like your way of thinking good sir  8)

Offline Lady Ty

• Blessed River Lady and Defender of Baby Dragons
  • Ta'veren
  • So-Old-That-She-Can-Nearly-Be-Called-Oldest-Ty
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 27, 2016, 04:52:06 AM »

Damien came to the  secret park his daddy had made for him. His pets were in their burrow waiting and he would take some of them home. He was looking foward to trying out the vivisection kit he had bought with his birthday money. But first he would burn up the green foliage that had invaded his special place.

The Big Naughty Rock Giant had been sneaking into Mam'zelle Chou Frou's sweet shop at night. Now he had raging toothache and his roars were keeping the villagers awake. The friendly local dentist had come to see what he could do to help.

Now this for your delight  ;)

« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 04:54:48 AM by Lady_Ty »
“This is the problem with even lesser demons. They come to your doorstep in velvet coats and polished shoes. They tip their hats and smile and demonstrate good table manners. They never show you their tails.” 
Leigh Bardugo, The Language of Thorns: Midnight Tales and Dangerous Magic

Online JMack

• Writing Group
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #59 on: February 29, 2016, 01:14:02 PM »
@Domen just posted some of his recent art here on the Forum, and it's really good:
http://fantasy-faction.com/forum/fantasy-art-fan-art/illustrator-concept-artist-domen/msg134389/#msg134389

So, let's keep this crazy thread going and see what we can come up with!
www.starlit-lands.com