March 21, 2019, 08:07:53 AM

Author Topic: How much did you write today?  (Read 184902 times)

Offline Wizard Police

Re: How much did you write today?
« Reply #495 on: March 06, 2015, 02:25:50 AM »
For the past 3 days I've written 3000 words a day more or less.

I bought this tea called Calm Spirit Ginseng Tea in a small tea shop in Chinatown in LA. The owner said students from USC come to the shop and buy the tea when exams come. And man does it work. It's like all my creative road blocks inside my brain just free themselves up, and I just write write write without stopping.

Offline JMack

• Hircum Magna Rex of the Fabled Atku Temple, and writing contest regular
  • Writing Group
  • Ringbearer
  • Our daily efforts are love poems to the universe.
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #496 on: March 06, 2015, 03:05:08 AM »
For the past 3 days I've written 3000 words a day more or less.

I bought this tea called Calm Spirit Ginseng Tea in a small tea shop in Chinatown in LA. The owner said students from USC come to the shop and buy the tea when exams come. And man does it work. It's like all my creative road blocks inside my brain just free themselves up, and I just write write write without stopping.
Tea. Really? Sounds like some other leafy substance ;)
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline JMack

• Writing Group
  • Ringbearer
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #497 on: March 06, 2015, 03:06:00 AM »
1,127 words this evening. Am into chapter 2, seeing just a few feet in front of me through the fog, but making progress.
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline JMack

• Writing Group
  • Ringbearer
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #498 on: March 07, 2015, 11:59:32 PM »
Another 1,217 words. Over 10,000 now.
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline Ryan Mueller

• Needs a Cheesy Quest Fantasy baa-aadly
  • Writing Group
  • Auror
    • View Profile
    • Ryan W. Mueller
« Reply #499 on: March 12, 2015, 04:16:52 AM »
I wrote about 2,000 words today in the middle grade fantasy.

Offline Nora

• Dropped in from another planet avec son sourire provocateur - et Hades and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • The Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: March 16, 2015, 05:05:36 AM »
I spent the morning reading in my head over and over again different chapters I "know" about but haven't started to write at all.
I did stop my work to make a single note though, so here is all I wrote today :
"Is that kid reliable?" Malcolm asked as the door closed. Sybil snorted.
"If I wanted your body buried, he's the one I would send out with a shovel."

Tadaaah! Two lines! Now, maybe, I'll go and post in the "how much did you not write today" thread.  :-X
"She will need coffee soon, or molecular degeneration will set in. Her French phrasing will take over even more strongly, and soon she will dissolve into a puddle of alienation and Kierkegaardian despair."  ~ Jmack

Wishy washy lyricism and maudlin unrequited love are my specialty - so said Lady_Ty

Offline JMack

• Writing Group
  • Ringbearer
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #501 on: March 16, 2015, 11:16:58 AM »
I spent the morning reading in my head over and over again different chapters I "know" about but haven't started to write at all.
I did stop my work to make a single note though, so here is all I wrote today :
"Is that kid reliable?" Malcolm asked as the door closed. Sybil snorted.
"If I wanted your body buried, he's the one I would send out with a shovel."

Tadaaah! Two lines! Now, maybe, I'll go and post in the "how much did you not write today" thread.  :-X
Love the shovel line!
This is the "official" thread  of course, of long-standing and stickiness. Mine is for whining, moping and actively avoiding writing by crafting brilliant posts like: "Nada" or "Zilch" or "Bupkiss". In fact, I think we need a multilingual thread about how you express zero in the most terse and off-hand way. Now that could be some serious avoidance fodder.
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline Nora

• Dropped in from another planet avec son sourire provocateur - et Hades and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • The Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: March 16, 2015, 11:54:37 AM »
Mine is for whining, moping and actively avoiding writing by crafting brilliant posts like: "Nada" or "Zilch" or "Bupkiss". In fact, I think we need a multilingual thread about how you express zero in the most terse and off-hand way. Now that could be some serious avoidance fodder.

Aha. Maybe next time I'll honor your thread properly by posting an empty post. The most absolute Niet gesture thanks to the auto log in of the forum that'll allow me to get in without even typing a password. How'd that be?
"She will need coffee soon, or molecular degeneration will set in. Her French phrasing will take over even more strongly, and soon she will dissolve into a puddle of alienation and Kierkegaardian despair."  ~ Jmack

Wishy washy lyricism and maudlin unrequited love are my specialty - so said Lady_Ty

Offline Conan

« Reply #503 on: March 20, 2015, 11:40:53 PM »
5,500 today and counting. Plus, one completed professional review.

20,000 since Monday.

Daily average: typically about 3,400

usually over about 6 hours, plus 2 hours for editing.

First published novel took 6 weeks to complete 114,000 words.

Second book is taking much longer, as most of my time is wasted for agent query, self-marketing and the annoyance of my other full time job, plus 2 screaming kids.

c
Tied up and twisted; gnarled and knotted with wrinkles; haggardly firm and unyielding; his eyes glowing like coals, that still glow in the ashes of ruin; untottering Ahab stood forth in the clearness of the morn; lifting his splintered helmet of a brow to the fair girl's forehead of heaven.

Offline Raptori

• Barbarian who does not use the Oxford comma and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • the prettiest kitty cat in the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: March 20, 2015, 11:48:40 PM »
5,500 today and counting. Plus, one completed professional review.

20,000 since Monday.

Daily average: typically about 3,400

usually over about 6 hours, plus 2 hours for editing.

First published novel took 6 weeks to complete 114,000 words.

Second book is taking much longer, as most of my time is wasted for agent query, self-marketing and the annoyance of my other full time job, plus 2 screaming kids.

c
Great numbers, once we've got some priority projects out of the way hopefully we can join you up there  ;)
I wish the world was flat like the old days, then I could travel just by folding a map.

Offline Yora

« Reply #505 on: March 21, 2015, 06:52:06 PM »
I just leave this here...  :D

Spoiler for Hiden:

Offline Nora

• Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • The Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: March 22, 2015, 11:50:02 AM »
Woohoo.
666 words (no joke!) on a short story still to finish and started another co-authored, topping it all to 900+ words today. All just for fun.
It's really a great feeling. The more I write the funnier it gets.

Offline JMack

• Writing Group
  • Ringbearer
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #507 on: April 06, 2015, 11:31:05 AM »
I wrote about 1,500 words over the weekend, finishing a draft of my April story contest submission. Three family members read it and said...um, what?

So I re-wrote about 1,500 words over weekend.
Have to find some new family members.
I mean, new first time readers.  ;)
I mean, for this story. To see if they get it. Yeah. That's it.   8)

Then I wrote 270 words of a new short story: The Goats of Anoch Tilgally, which as readers of another thread know abbreviates to GOAT. Thank you @Yora, @Elfy, @Raptori and @xiagan. (Who all have no spaces in their names, can be summoned and are not the Devil  ;D. See yet another thread.)
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline ArcaneArtsVelho

• Secretly I'm laughing about jurassic raccoon testicles. And a Writing Contest Regular
  • Auror
  • Only partially responsible for my custom title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: April 06, 2015, 01:05:46 PM »
Then I wrote 270 words of a new short story: The Goats of Anoch Tilgally, which as readers of another thread know abbreviates to GOAT. Thank you @Yora, @Elfy, @Raptori and @xiagan. (Who all have no spaces in their names, can be summoned and are not the Devil  ;D . See yet another thread.)
J-Mack, is that what they call multithreading?  ;D

Sorry for off-topic joking. I couldn't help myself...

But to stay on topic, I have written nothing but this post today. I'm planning on writing something tomorrow, though. Or the day after. Or sometime soon... ish. :-\
Everything I wrote above is pure conjecture. I don't know what I'm talking about.

I'm a perfectionist but not very good at anything. That's why I rarely finish things.

Offline JMack

• Writing Group
  • Ringbearer
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #509 on: April 06, 2015, 01:10:58 PM »
Then I wrote 270 words of a new short story: The Goats of Anoch Tilgally, which as readers of another thread know abbreviates to GOAT. Thank you @Yora, @Elfy, @Raptori and @xiagan. (Who all have no spaces in their names, can be summoned and are not the Devil  ;D . See yet another thread.)
J-Mack, is that what they call multithreading?  ;D

Sorry for off-topic joking. I couldn't help myself...

But to stay on topic, I have written nothing but this post today. I'm planning on writing something tomorrow, though. Or the day after. Or sometime soon... ish. :-\
Maybe this response should be moved to the "Avoiding Writing" thread   ;)
And, "multi-threading". Love it.   ;D
www.starlit-lands.com