December 06, 2019, 12:56:14 PM

Author Topic: How much did you write today?  (Read 237276 times)

Offline Ray McCarthy

Re: How much did you write today?
« Reply #1635 on: October 22, 2019, 08:43:07 PM »
'The White Fire Stones' is now about 42,500 words after writing nearly 2K today. Next I need write all of the quiet penultimate chapter. Then finish last the chapter (the basic ending is written). That will be a complete first draft, though will later need some summary narrative converted to direct character action and dialogue. It's the second of the Trader's Isle series.

My best Beta reader is about half way through The Seven Talismans, the first book in this series. I'm already thinking about the plot of the third book and how the series may finish, though each book works stand alone.

Offline JMack

• Hircum Magna Rex of the Fabled Atku Temple, and writing contest regular
  • Writing Group
  • Ringbearer
  • Our daily efforts are love poems to the universe.
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #1636 on: October 23, 2019, 10:54:59 AM »
'The White Fire Stones' is now about 42,500 words after writing nearly 2K today. Next I need write all of the quiet penultimate chapter. Then finish last the chapter (the basic ending is written). That will be a complete first draft, though will later need some summary narrative converted to direct character action and dialogue. It's the second of the Trader's Isle series.

My best Beta reader is about half way through The Seven Talismans, the first book in this series. I'm already thinking about the plot of the third book and how the series may finish, though each book works stand alone.

Great progress!
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline S. K. Inkslinger

« Reply #1637 on: November 01, 2019, 03:07:26 AM »
I'm around 20k words for the sequel to my first novel. (Yeah, I know, it isn't even close to getting published yet, but still) I'm liking the direction the story is going in so far.

Offline Ray McCarthy

« Reply #1638 on: November 01, 2019, 06:08:24 PM »
There is an advantage in NOT having N-1 book of the Nth book in a series not published. You may realize you either made an error, or can make earlier book better or need to "recon" (change it to fix current WIP). Obviously no-one will know you changed n-1.

I like to be at least 2 books ahead of what's published and have the 3rd as a WIP.

Online Alex Hormann

• Writing Contest Regular
  • Valheru
  • Bookworm first, human second.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: November 12, 2019, 05:18:26 PM »
Took me two weeks to settle on and plan out a project, but yesterday I finally managed to get a thousand words done. Looking at a couple hundred more today. Early days yet, but I have a good feeling about this one.
Blog: https://atboundarysedge.com

Twitter: @HormannAlex