October 26, 2020, 12:51:34 PM

Author Topic: How much did you write today?  (Read 291351 times)

Offline Ray McCarthy

Re: How much did you write today?
« Reply #1605 on: July 23, 2019, 09:56:25 AM »
Started on 'Robin Morgan, Faerie Prince', plan is to do another few K words today now that final proofs are done of 'The Legal Talent' and 'The Fay Child'. I'll have to do final proof of 'Artists and Rooks' shortly as it's due in the Autumn.

Some other books are held up till I see what happens with Brexit as they are "Contemporary" and have travel, security agencies, banks & currency in the plot.
My Blogs & Books. Available via Amazon, Apple, Barnes&Noble, Kobo, Tolino and Smashwords.

Offline Ray McCarthy

« Reply #1606 on: July 26, 2019, 09:06:21 PM »
Now at 3,900 words on "Robin Morgan, Faerie Prince". He's just had a confrontation with Queen Titania. Though Roibeárd, AKA Púc or Puck has been called Robin, they are not related except by his great-granddaughter being adopted by Roibeárd's granddaughter, Though both are in the series. Robin has never met Roibeárd so far.
I've written most of two of the books after this one and fourteen earlier ones in the series.

I also did the weekly shop and met my grandchildren today.
My Blogs & Books. Available via Amazon, Apple, Barnes&Noble, Kobo, Tolino and Smashwords.

Offline Ray McCarthy

« Reply #1607 on: July 27, 2019, 08:34:38 PM »
Almost 5,000 total on 'Robin Morgan, Faerie Prince' now. I didn't spend long at it though, so only 980 words today I still need to tighten up the ending.

Offline S. K. Inkslinger

« Reply #1608 on: July 30, 2019, 03:55:33 PM »
60,000/ 100,000 words goal for my first novel. Wahoo!  :D

Offline S. K. Inkslinger

« Reply #1609 on: August 01, 2019, 04:35:00 AM »
Managed to write 3,800 words yesterday, which is definitely the most I've ever written in a single day. My first novel is starting to come into shape!  :D

Offline isos81

« Reply #1610 on: August 01, 2019, 07:32:56 AM »
Go Inky ;D
Kallor shrugged. 'I've walked this land when the T'lan Imass were but children. I've commanded armies a hundred thousand strong. I've spread the fire of my wrath across entire continents, and sat alone upon tall thrones. Do you grasp the meaning of this?'

'Yes' said Caladan Brood. 'You never learn'

Offline S. K. Inkslinger

« Reply #1611 on: August 01, 2019, 10:07:28 AM »
Go Inky ;D

Thanks hahah. Managed another 3,100 words today. Absolutely mad lads.

Edit: At last count it's now 4,550 words. Record breaker woo hoo!   :D

Edit on the following day: Another 3,100 words today. The story is now 71,000 words out of the 100,000 goal!

Offline S. K. Inkslinger

« Reply #1612 on: August 05, 2019, 03:45:33 PM »
I wrote another 7,700 words today. The novel is now only 16,000 words short of the 100,000 words goal.  :D

Offline S. K. Inkslinger

« Reply #1613 on: August 09, 2019, 11:27:55 AM »
I'm finally done with the first draft of my first ever, full length novel. Yee haw!  :D

Offline ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Administrator
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #1614 on: August 09, 2019, 01:34:56 PM »
I'm finally done with the first draft of my first ever, full length novel. Yee haw!  :D

At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

I'm "She Who Reigns Over Us All In Crimson Cheer", according to Peat!

Offline CameronJohnston

« Reply #1615 on: August 09, 2019, 02:32:11 PM »
Congrats! You did it :)

The Traitor God & God of Broken Things

Offline S. K. Inkslinger

« Reply #1616 on: August 09, 2019, 02:41:11 PM »
Thank you soooo much @ScarletBea and @CameronJohnston! In truth, I had never thought I would see this day,  hahah. What with all the procrastinating, writer's block, and real life stuffs getting in the way. I'm so glad that at least I finished the piece. Even if it didn't get more widespread, at least I have one hell of a great great time writing it until the end.   :D

Offline isos81

« Reply #1617 on: August 09, 2019, 04:20:20 PM »
Congrats Inky, I never doubted :)
Kallor shrugged. 'I've walked this land when the T'lan Imass were but children. I've commanded armies a hundred thousand strong. I've spread the fire of my wrath across entire continents, and sat alone upon tall thrones. Do you grasp the meaning of this?'

'Yes' said Caladan Brood. 'You never learn'

Offline tebakutis

• Falsely Puffed Up Rascal Pig and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Master Namer
    • www.tebakutis.com
« Reply #1618 on: August 09, 2019, 04:31:20 PM »

Awesome! That's an accomplishment. :)

Offline Ray McCarthy

« Reply #1619 on: August 09, 2019, 06:53:28 PM »

Great! Now the proof reads and edits!

I'm 1/3rd way revision 8 of 'The Ensorcelled Maid', paused part way through a rewrite of 'Four Kids, One Foxe' and I've paused writing 'Robin Morgan, Faerie Prince' which comes just after 'The Wooing of Marion', now 138K words and at version 19, which looks close to being the final.
List http://www.raymccarthy.corvidspress.com/otherworld/ Currently 'The Fay Child'  IX came out this week and 'Artists and Rooks' is September. There is discussion about whether 'Dwarves and Rooks' (fully final proofed) should come out in December or January or Spring 2020. Certainly 'Goths and Rooks' and later books involving UK may need Brexit related revisions.