September 16, 2019, 12:02:00 AM

Author Topic: How much did you write today?  (Read 218022 times)

Offline Ryan Mueller

• Needs a Cheesy Quest Fantasy baa-aadly
  • Writing Group
  • Auror
    • View Profile
    • Ryan W. Mueller
Re: How much did you write today?
« Reply #1590 on: March 15, 2019, 05:13:16 AM »
I need to finish the book I'm writing and then take a little time to write a short story for an anthology. I'm so excited that I was asked to be a part of an anthology with quite a few talented authors in it. Even better, I have an idea that really fits well with the theme of the anthology.

Offline Ray McCarthy

« Reply #1591 on: March 16, 2019, 10:00:00 AM »
I'm supposed to be proofing and editing. Instead I've nearly completed a draft of another 'Celtic Otherworld' book, bringing total up to 16. This one goes between 'Exiles and Refuge' which covers the final Fay (Sidhe, Elves, Faerie) pullout from Earth and "Four Kids, One Foxe", about four Fay kids mysteriously transported to the house of a History Professor in Belfast who has just retired, it's set about 11 years after 'Exiles and Refuge', so space maybe even for another one or two.

So actual writing has slowed to a couple of words a day. I WILL have to edit in all the annotations I have from proof reading other books and finish editing my friend's book. I might add about 8,000 to 14,000 words to the current WIP, 'The Ensorcelled Maid' once I've edited in the proof reading annotations.
I did update my blog too.

Offline Eli_Freysson

« Reply #1592 on: March 16, 2019, 10:54:21 AM »
I finished the third in my Days of the Watcher Gothic/Lovecraftian fantasy horror trilogy on Monday, and a couple of days ago I started on my next project: The First Run, about a Firefly/Han Solo-esque spaceship crew. I'm hoping to finish the first chapter tomorrow.

I'll notify your next of kin... that you sucked!

Online Alex Hormann

• Writing Contest Regular
  • Valheru
  • Bookworm first, human second.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: May 16, 2019, 03:48:45 PM »
2,500 so far today. Pushing for 3,000.

Either way, it's great to be back in the swing of things.
Blog: https://atboundarysedge.com

Twitter: @HormannAlex

Offline tebakutis

• Falsely Puffed Up Rascal Pig and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Master Namer
    • View Profile
    • www.tebakutis.com
« Reply #1594 on: May 17, 2019, 05:17:31 AM »
25k into my next scifi book. I've finally got a feel for the characters (it's a space heist, basically) and it's going along swimmingly. I'm doing a lot of pantsing on this one too, and so far I haven't gotten myself into too much trouble.

Still waiting to hear from my copyeditor on Supremacy's Bounty. She's been dealing with a LOT of stuff, so I'm not going to bother her for an update until June. Book should still be out this year, though!

Offline S. K. Inkslinger

« Reply #1595 on: June 09, 2019, 04:43:19 AM »
Got 1.8 k on my first draft yesterday after such a long hiatus. Yay!

Offline Peat

« Reply #1596 on: June 12, 2019, 01:15:36 PM »
Got 1.8 k on my first draft yesterday after such a long hiatus. Yay!

Back in the game  8)

Haven't been regularly writing since submitting, but am up to 10k on a very rough draft on a new project. Gonna take a pause on it to work out what it's all about; I think its about identity, rebellion and revenge, along with kung fu action and conspiracy, but I want to see how the pieces fit together a little better first.

Online Alex Hormann

• Valheru
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: June 13, 2019, 03:27:26 PM »
I've managed to hit a good streak of around 1000 a day. As the old saying goes, 'It ain't much, but it's honest work.'

Offline S. K. Inkslinger

« Reply #1598 on: June 22, 2019, 05:10:13 AM »
I've managed to hit a good streak of around 1000 a day. As the old saying goes, 'It ain't much, but it's honest work.'

Hey I'm managing around that too. I'm really glad we're making good progress on both our novels, maybe we can trade and become each other's beta readers once the they are finished?  ;D

Online Alex Hormann

• Valheru
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: June 22, 2019, 11:12:02 AM »

Hey I'm managing around that too. I'm really glad we're making good progress on both our novels, maybe we can trade and become each other's beta readers once the they are finished?  ;D

If I ever finish this monstrosity, you're welcome to take a look. Right now I'm just trying not to cry as the estimated word count spirals past 200k. If you do need a beta reader when you've finished, drop me a message and I'll be happy to take a look

Offline S. K. Inkslinger

« Reply #1600 on: June 24, 2019, 05:53:22 AM »

If I ever finish this monstrosity, you're welcome to take a look. Right now I'm just trying not to cry as the estimated word count spirals past 200k. If you do need a beta reader when you've finished, drop me a message and I'll be happy to take a look

Wow that's a pretty damn thick book.  ;D I'll be sure to message you the story once I'm done. Go go writers!

Offline S. K. Inkslinger

« Reply #1601 on: July 13, 2019, 04:33:20 AM »
As of yesterday, I had finally clocked in at 41,000 /100,000 words for my first full-length novel. Yee haw!

« Reply #1602 on: July 13, 2019, 08:40:16 AM »
Today I wrote 822 words
Total: 101,104

I was hoping to keep the story under 100k, but now I've increased my word limit to 150k.
My story is only about ~60% complete. I've written the beginning and the ending, now just tying things together in the middle. Lol!

Happy writing, everyone :)

Online Alex Hormann

• Valheru
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: July 21, 2019, 05:30:35 PM »
I've slowed down a bit to rework some of the plotting, but I'm over 1k today. Hoping to push along a bit further and reach 50k total today, since work means I won't get much done next week.