May 23, 2018, 11:29:38 AM

Author Topic: How much did you write today?  (Read 144749 times)

Offline CameronJohnston

Re: How much did you write today?
« Reply #1530 on: November 16, 2017, 08:11:37 AM »
Errrr, so I got 318 words out today... but I had to look up and cite every sentence so there's that.
I think it's time to take a break and read some fantasy...

I always just wrote as fast as I could and went back and cited later.

I crawled over the 25k line in NaNoWriMo. 25k words in 15 days aka something I don't think I've ever done before.

That is good going, well done Peat. I'm in writing limbo at the moment, just waiting to start on edits.

Preorders help an author more than you think!
http://www.cameronjohnston.net

Offline Peat

« Reply #1531 on: November 16, 2017, 05:49:49 PM »
Errrr, so I got 318 words out today... but I had to look up and cite every sentence so there's that.
I think it's time to take a break and read some fantasy...

I always just wrote as fast as I could and went back and cited later.

I crawled over the 25k line in NaNoWriMo. 25k words in 15 days aka something I don't think I've ever done before.

That is good going, well done Peat. I'm in writing limbo at the moment, just waiting to start on edits.

I'm doing this because I don't want to do my edits tbh :P
This is the blog of Peat - http://peatlong.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Bradley Darewood

• aka Barley Redwood
  • Writing Group
  • Gentleman Bastard
  • Zork. And it was all downhill from there.
    • View Profile
    • Bradley Darewood on Tumblr!
« Reply #1532 on: November 16, 2017, 10:14:59 PM »
I crunched some satellite data and made a graph
I also cut and pasted some maps. It took up half a page so I feel like that counts as writing.  i did write "Figure 1"

Offline Bradley Darewood

• aka Barley Redwood
  • Writing Group
  • Gentleman Bastard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: November 26, 2017, 10:56:40 AM »
Errrrrrr so I've only written 2000 words of my book chapter :(

But I"m also writing myself a self-help book on the side... not because I have my shit together but because I probably need to read a self-help book so I might as well write what I need to hear.  In a similar vein, I'm writing a book for myself about how to write.  I wrote 500+ words in that tonight.

Here's the blurb:

Writing for Rebels
I’m not a great writer but I’m a pretty good rebel.  If you want writing advice from someone who’s been tear gassed and beaten repeatedly on the head with a police baton, you’ve come to the right place.

Offline Bradley Darewood

• aka Barley Redwood
  • Writing Group
  • Gentleman Bastard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: November 29, 2017, 03:59:03 PM »
Sweet!  I've only got about 1-2,000 more words left to write and I'm done with my chapter!!! I hope to have it done tonight.

It's on google docs.  It's got war and natural gas and illegal logging and maps and charts!  Does anyone feel like helping me proofread a 6k word chapter later tonight?  It's like 10-15 pages.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 04:09:36 PM by Bradley Darewood »

Offline SarahW

« Reply #1535 on: November 30, 2017, 07:36:06 AM »
I'm having trouble restarting after Death Is A One-Way Function. I did a bit of soul searching figuring out what exactly is my issue about fantasy.

And yet I'm also becoming increasingly bored (and at times really pissed off) at science fiction at times. My thing thing is I disdain fiction set anytime prior to the 1800s, generally prefer, if it's set in Europe at all, to be set someplace other than England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, or Isle Of Man.

And at times I feel like I'm restricting myself in terms of magic. Do to my belief system, I tend to allow for more magical like things than what Atheism has kind of morphed into. But generally dislike "Spell" magic, or hocus pocus kind of magic.

Summary of frusteration with Scifi: I was having a conversation with this one guy on my interest in realistic cryptography, but being the scifi writer he is, is under the impression it's not Science Fiction unless it's shoehorned as being Military Science Fiction.

But I don't care about the military, I'm a programmer.

Side note: I'm liking for that one book about a university student that smoked so much pot, he time travelled to Oliver Crumwell's England filled with anthopomorphic animals.

Does this ring a bell for anyone?

I've been recently wanting to finish studying French, and eventually want to create a world using French, Dutch, and Japanese as bases for Niponcaise. I really like Latin languages.

Offline abatch

« Reply #1536 on: December 09, 2017, 07:52:25 PM »
600+ words, which will be welcome news to my readers.

Does anyone else find that the current political situation saps your energy/will to live?

Offline Norman Gray

« Reply #1537 on: December 10, 2017, 02:20:43 AM »
600+ words, which will be welcome news to my readers.

Does anyone else find that the current political situation saps your energy/will to live?

It certainly makes writing good fiction more difficult; hard to write things that are out of the ordinary, when real life continues to defy logic and be stranger than the strangest imaginings. . .

Offline Bradley Darewood

• aka Barley Redwood
  • Writing Group
  • Gentleman Bastard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: January 04, 2018, 05:38:18 AM »
so I got a bunch of writing done recently but, uhhh...

Offline Ray McCarthy

« Reply #1539 on: January 07, 2018, 02:44:51 PM »
I'm working on "The Legal Talent". Added two chapters. Now 3/4 through changing from 1st POV to close 3rd POV as I want to change the structure a bit. (Book #6 of the Talent Universe). I've also added a lot to "The Mission Talent" (#8) which is the most complete of the unpublished Talent series. I've started on #9, "The College Talent" (bit of an double entendre?) in terms of main characters (from the other 8 books), location, skeleton of plot / events and start of 1st chapter.

I think I might have finished "Exiles and Rooks" finally. (Celtic Otherworld #6) before Christmas. I'll proof it again and get the best beta reader for fantasy to read it again (3 chapters added since she last read it). 
Starship Chief is still free (Smashwords only), but sale over on the other books.

Offline Ray McCarthy

« Reply #1540 on: January 10, 2018, 10:14:40 PM »
Did six skeleton chapters on "The College Talent", about 5300 words. Plus some planning. Not worked out full plot or outline yet. Will likely do that soon.

Offline Ryan Mueller

• Needs a Cheesy Quest Fantasy baa-aadly
  • Writing Group
  • Auror
    • View Profile
    • Ryan W. Mueller
« Reply #1541 on: January 16, 2018, 02:08:33 AM »
2448 words today. I've written only four days this month, but I'm at 15,492 words for the month. So I'm hitting my target of 1000 per day, just not in the most consistent fashion.

Offline S. K. Inkslinger

« Reply #1542 on: January 20, 2018, 02:01:16 PM »
I had managed to write a hundred word or so extra ending to a novella I had finished almost 2 years before, which will serve to tie up several plot points very nicely.  8)

Offline Ray McCarthy

« Reply #1543 on: January 20, 2018, 05:42:26 PM »
I only did a few hundred, but at now nearly 25K for the "The College's Talent" I've decided to "print draft to eBook" (Import WP file to Calibre and convert to Mobi and ePub for Kindle & Kobo). So just started reading from the start for the first time. I've skipped over some places in the story.

Offline Bradley Darewood

• aka Barley Redwood
  • Writing Group
  • Gentleman Bastard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: January 20, 2018, 11:28:02 PM »
It's saturday.  I'm writing today. I swear I am.