August 08, 2020, 03:47:35 PM

Author Topic: How much did you write today?  (Read 274792 times)

Offline Nora

• Dropped in from another planet avec son sourire provocateur - et Hades and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • The Explorer
    • View Profile
Re: How much did you write today?
« Reply #1440 on: April 24, 2017, 07:35:19 PM »
After 2 days of actively asking people to leave me alone so I could write and not jotting one word down, I took myself out to a cafe with pen and notebook only and wrote 10 pages, which must be a bit over 1,000 words. Only the finale needed to wrap up this month's story, and deep edit of it all.. Will try to not be late this time around.
"She will need coffee soon, or molecular degeneration will set in. Her French phrasing will take over even more strongly, and soon she will dissolve into a puddle of alienation and Kierkegaardian despair."  ~ Jmack

Wishy washy lyricism and maudlin unrequited love are my specialty - so said Lady_Ty

Offline NightWrite

• Writing Group
  • Ambient Mage
  • Whisperer of Sweet Word Vomit Into Your Ear
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: April 24, 2017, 09:53:45 PM »
For the past two days I wrote over 5,000 words, about 2,000 yesterday and about 3,000 today. Which in my opinion is great for me as I've only been getting out like a 100 words if that much the past week or so.

The only sad part to this is none of those words went to my monthly contest entry. An entry which I don't really have much for with a rapidly approaching submission deadline.

Offline Ryan Mueller

• Needs a Cheesy Quest Fantasy baa-aadly
  • Writing Group
  • Auror
    • View Profile
    • Ryan W. Mueller
« Reply #1442 on: April 26, 2017, 05:07:25 AM »
I made my 1,000 word count goal tonight, which is pretty good when you consider that I had studying, homework, and a final today. I've only missed 1,000 one day this month, and I've written over 36,000 words. It never seems like a lot on a day-by-day basis, but it really adds up over time.

I'm almost finished with the first draft of the second book in my Sunweaver series. I probably should get back to editing my Empire of Chains series since I do intend to release the first book this summer.

Offline JMack

• Hircum Magna Rex of the Fabled Atku Temple, and writing contest regular
  • Writing Group
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Our daily efforts are love poems to the universe.
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #1443 on: May 03, 2017, 02:54:05 AM »
886 words between last night and today, working on the monthly contest.
It's been pretty easy sailing up to now, but I just set myself a real task to bring this story round to a climax and a twist.
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline Ryan Mueller

• Writing Group
  • Auror
    • View Profile
    • Ryan W. Mueller
« Reply #1444 on: May 07, 2017, 02:02:45 AM »
I've written 2700 words today. 2000 in one book and 700 in another. I'm going to treat the first book as my primary project. It's the final book of a trilogy, and I want to finish it so that I can get to revising the whole thing and preparing for publication.

But the other book has been begging for me to work on it, so I'll let myself write it a bit when I have the time.

Offline Ryan Mueller

• Writing Group
  • Auror
    • View Profile
    • Ryan W. Mueller
« Reply #1445 on: May 07, 2017, 04:38:28 AM »
Ended up writing another 900 words on the second book, bringing my daily total to 3600. I'm not sure where this book is going exactly, but that's my writing process. I've become more and more of a seat-of-the-pants writer. It hurts my word counts a bit, so that's why I'm trying this multiple book experiment. Normally, I stop writing because I can't think of what's going to happen next. Writing multiple books will give me a better chance of knowing what's coming next.

Though sometimes the discovery is half the fun.

Offline The Gem Cutter

• Captain Analogy
  • Writing Group
  • Khaleesi
  • We've exhausted all possibilities - time to begin.
    • View Profile
    • The Gem Cutter Tales
« Reply #1446 on: May 07, 2017, 06:24:08 AM »
I worked in another 4K words today, perhaps half of it new material. About 3/4 way done, 78K words.
The Gem Cutter
"Each time, there is the same problem: do I dare? And then if you do dare, the dangers are there, and the help also, and the fulfillment or the fiasco. There's always the possibility of a fiasco. But there's also the possibility of bliss." - Joseph Campbell

Offline S. K. Inkslinger

« Reply #1447 on: May 10, 2017, 02:36:21 PM »
I have managed to write 2,700 words today on my first short story since writer's block! The story turns out better than I had expected too, so things are getting pretty great.  8)

Offline Ryan Mueller

• Writing Group
  • Auror
    • View Profile
    • Ryan W. Mueller
« Reply #1448 on: May 10, 2017, 11:08:53 PM »
472 words so far. I need to get back to writing. I've been cleaning and organizing the house most of the day.

Offline Ryan Mueller

• Writing Group
  • Auror
    • View Profile
    • Ryan W. Mueller
« Reply #1449 on: May 12, 2017, 04:53:36 PM »
I've made it over 3,000 each of the last two days, dividing my time between two books.

Offline S. K. Inkslinger

« Reply #1450 on: May 13, 2017, 04:01:40 PM »
About 1,000 words and finally managed to finish my short story!  :D One down, lots more to go!

Offline JMack

• Writing Group
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #1451 on: May 14, 2017, 10:50:43 PM »
1,000 words and counting on something new that linked up to something old. I'm really enjoying my little story, and wondering where it's going. Some days I love writing.  :)
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline Eli_Freysson

« Reply #1452 on: May 18, 2017, 08:02:32 PM »
My output really isn't as good as I had hoped it would be with all the free time, but I think I'm averaging at least a page a day. So at least I'm making progress.

Also, some of my writing time is now spent creating an outline for my next series. I mentioned it here on this site not long ago, but like most new ideas it has already undergone significant changes. Anyway, I am currently working on a low-magic, semi-lovecraftian, Victorian horror fantasy... thing. I'm having a lot of fun building it all up and seeing it take shape, and it might end up being the best stuff I've written to date.
I'll notify your next of kin... that you sucked!

Offline night_wrtr

« Reply #1453 on: May 29, 2017, 06:01:58 AM »
398 words. But I spent 2 hours drawing a new map. So...nailed it.

I blocked off from June 1st to around mid-October. If I write 800ish words per day I'll have a complete novel. Going to be a grind, but i'm going all in.

Offline JMack

• Writing Group
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #1454 on: May 29, 2017, 02:57:44 PM »
398 words. But I spent 2 hours drawing a new map. So...nailed it.

I blocked off from June 1st to around mid-October. If I write 800ish words per day I'll have a complete novel. Going to be a grind, but i'm going all in.

Rooting for you.
www.starlit-lands.com