December 16, 2019, 05:35:01 AM

Author Topic: How much did you write today?  (Read 239575 times)

Offline SugoiMe

Re: How much did you write today?
« Reply #1125 on: March 22, 2016, 04:43:30 AM »
1500 words in an hour and a half or more?  I thought my fingers were moving faster.  Oh well, great progress anyway.  I've completely revamped the beginning of this scene.  Yosef's beginning to tap into "the sense" which allows him to detect the presence of enemies.  It could prove dangerous because he just found out that the enemy can sense him as well.  Topped it off with a horse fight which...I honestly have no idea how to make two horses fight in writing.  In fact, one of them's not really a horse.  More like an evil monster horse.  (Okay, it's still a horse...)
"And then the time came when the risk it took to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anais Nin

Offline CameronJohnston

« Reply #1126 on: March 22, 2016, 08:31:37 AM »
-200 words yesterday as part of editing this longer short story down. Think I need to lose another 700 words, and doing it without losing any elements of the story is a right pain in the neck.

The Traitor God & God of Broken Things

Offline Peat

« Reply #1127 on: April 02, 2016, 08:36:57 AM »
Dumped out 1500 words and got a project back on touch after getting frustrated editing another. Good feeling  :)

Offline SugoiMe

« Reply #1128 on: April 03, 2016, 04:08:36 AM »
That moment when you're so close to finishing, but you know you have to proofread your work after...Ugh!  I editing/rewrote for at least six hours with one break in between.  Talk about a crazy marathon!
"And then the time came when the risk it took to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anais Nin

Offline Peat

« Reply #1129 on: April 03, 2016, 09:24:37 AM »
That moment when you're so close to finishing, but you know you have to proofread your work after...Ugh!  I editing/rewrote for at least six hours with one break in between.  Talk about a crazy marathon!

Sympathy vibes.

972 here. Got the scene done. I was forced to be social so no more than that.
This is the blog of Peat - http://peatlong.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Mr.J

• Anus Dracula formerly known as Arse Demon and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Gentleman Bastard
  • Tweedy impertinence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: April 03, 2016, 02:35:32 PM »
3247 after a week away, not great writing but I did it and I don't care :P

Also wrote my short story for this months writing contest last night, 1700 words so need to edit later. I'll let it sit for now, bit weird and probably won't get any votes but who cares! :D

Offline SugoiMe

« Reply #1131 on: April 04, 2016, 06:18:59 AM »
Well, this is about as polished as I'm gonna get it. Can't believe all the work I did this weekend! But it's done. I'm exhausted. I've read this thing backwards and forwards. Time to take a break. The whole thing totals in at 118,396 words. What a beast!

Offline Mr.J

• Anus Dracula formerly known as Arse Demon and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Gentleman Bastard
  • Tweedy impertinence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: April 04, 2016, 11:16:43 AM »
Well, this is about as polished as I'm gonna get it. Can't believe all the work I did this weekend! But it's done. I'm exhausted. I've read this thing backwards and forwards. Time to take a break. The whole thing totals in at 118,396 words. What a beast!
Nice! Grats on finishing it  ;D

Offline JMack

• Hircum Magna Rex of the Fabled Atku Temple, and writing contest regular
  • Writing Group
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Our daily efforts are love poems to the universe.
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #1133 on: April 04, 2016, 02:08:06 PM »

Incredible! Congratulations.
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline Nora

• Dropped in from another planet avec son sourire provocateur - et Hades and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • The Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: April 04, 2016, 02:51:31 PM »
Wrote maybe 100 words to sketch out the characters of my monthly.
Now I just need a "who" to give purpose to my MC, and a Why. But I have half a mind to have an indifferent who and no Why, to be a bit dark.
"She will need coffee soon, or molecular degeneration will set in. Her French phrasing will take over even more strongly, and soon she will dissolve into a puddle of alienation and Kierkegaardian despair."  ~ Jmack

Wishy washy lyricism and maudlin unrequited love are my specialty - so said Lady_Ty

Offline Henry Dale

• The Unsummonable and a Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Gentleman Bastard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: April 04, 2016, 02:59:33 PM »
Finished the 700-800 words of my monthly. Needs polish and shit but that's for tonight...maybe.
Also, it has a bonus for both French Literature and American film noir titles. But don't worry if you don't get either  :P

Offline Nora

• Dropped in from another planet avec son sourire provocateur - et Hades and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • The Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: April 04, 2016, 03:18:38 PM »
Finished the 700-800 words of my monthly. Needs polish and shit but that's for tonight...maybe.
Also, it has a bonus for both French Literature and American film noir titles. But don't worry if you don't get either  :P

Huh. I envy you. My monthly feels like it'll be a pain this month. I'll try to make it worth it, but I'm still hunting for an appropriate soundtrack to write to.
"She will need coffee soon, or molecular degeneration will set in. Her French phrasing will take over even more strongly, and soon she will dissolve into a puddle of alienation and Kierkegaardian despair."  ~ Jmack

Wishy washy lyricism and maudlin unrequited love are my specialty - so said Lady_Ty

Offline Nora

• Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • The Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: April 05, 2016, 05:26:24 PM »
300 words to open my monthly. It'll be a biopunk dystopian.

Offline zmunkz

« Reply #1138 on: April 07, 2016, 05:02:27 AM »
Laid out about 1200 words, but then spent about 3 hours staring at my screen and tearing up bits of my outline that aren't working... so good and bad day in different ways.
"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." --Isaac Asimov

Offline Nora

• Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • The Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: April 07, 2016, 05:50:24 AM »
Laid out about 1200 words, but then spent about 3 hours staring at my screen and tearing up bits of my outline that aren't working... so good and bad day in different ways.

Oh, a Vash The Stampede avatar. Nice. I'm rewatching the anime and re-reading the mangas at the moment. Huge favourite of mine for the past 15 years. You've got good taste.