October 29, 2020, 10:57:03 PM

Author Topic: How much did you write today?  (Read 291926 times)

Offline Lanko

• Sherlanko Holmes, Jiin Wei and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Khaleesi
    • Lanko's Goodreads
Re: How much did you write today?
« Reply #870 on: November 21, 2015, 02:50:08 AM »
Slow and steady wins the race.

Lanko's Year in Books 2019

Offline Lanko

• Writing Group
  • Khaleesi
    • Lanko's Goodreads
« Reply #871 on: November 22, 2015, 12:27:32 AM »

Offline zmunkz

« Reply #872 on: November 23, 2015, 02:12:09 AM »
I just wrapped on draft 1 of my first novel ... 112K words!  Banged out the last 2 chapters tonight, so thats 7.5K!  Most productive night ever lol.
"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." --Isaac Asimov

Offline Lanko

• Writing Group
  • Khaleesi
    • Lanko's Goodreads
« Reply #873 on: November 23, 2015, 02:53:26 AM »

I just wrapped on draft 1 of my first novel ... 112K words!  Banged out the last 2 chapters tonight, so thats 7.5K!  Most productive night ever lol.

Good job. Can't remember the last time i broke 3k.

Offline ArcaneArtsVelho

• Secretly I'm laughing about jurassic raccoon testicles. And a Writing Contest Regular
  • Auror
  • Only partially responsible for my custom title.
« Reply #874 on: November 23, 2015, 06:24:24 AM »

Well, according to this thread, it was ten days ago:

All NaNo. Got it earlier too, there's a game of TV, finished 2 chapters and started another right when it started  ;D
(Yes, I had to check... for some inexplicable reason.  ??? )
 ;D
Everything I wrote above is pure conjecture. I don't know what I'm talking about.

I'm a perfectionist but not very good at anything. That's why I rarely finish things.

Offline Raptori

• Barbarian who does not use the Oxford comma and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • the prettiest kitty cat in the world
« Reply #875 on: November 23, 2015, 06:57:46 AM »
Can't remember the last time i broke 3k.
Pssh. It's been at least a month since we managed more than a few hundred words in a day. Worse, today we spent like 4 hours trying to write, and ended up with a grand total of about 50 words, all of which were absolute rubbish.  :( 
I wish the world was flat like the old days, then I could travel just by folding a map.

Offline ArcaneArtsVelho

• Secretly I'm laughing about jurassic raccoon testicles. And a Writing Contest Regular
  • Auror
« Reply #876 on: November 23, 2015, 07:30:51 AM »
Pssh. It's been at least a month since we managed more than a few hundred words in a day. Worse, today we spent like 4 hours trying to write, and ended up with a grand total of about 50 words, all of which were absolute rubbish.  :( 
I refuse to believe that anything you and Saurus have written (or will write) could be absolute rubbish.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 07:34:54 AM by ArcaneArtsVelho »
Everything I wrote above is pure conjecture. I don't know what I'm talking about.

I'm a perfectionist but not very good at anything. That's why I rarely finish things.

Offline Raptori

• Barbarian who does not use the Oxford comma and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • the prettiest kitty cat in the world
« Reply #877 on: November 23, 2015, 07:55:27 AM »
I refuse to believe that anything you and Saurus have written (or will write) could be absolute rubbish.
I wish, feels like everything sucks recently - today was just a little worse than most! Guess that's why we've slowed down so much. Still, won't let it stop us!  :P
I wish the world was flat like the old days, then I could travel just by folding a map.

Offline ArcaneArtsVelho

• Auror
« Reply #878 on: November 23, 2015, 08:31:18 AM »
I wish, feels like everything sucks recently - today was just a little worse than most! Guess that's why we've slowed down so much. Still, won't let it stop us!  :P
That's the spirit! That last part, that is. (But I still stick to my previous comment.)  :)

Offline Nora

• Dropped in from another planet avec son sourire provocateur - et Hades and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • The Explorer
« Reply #879 on: November 23, 2015, 01:52:27 PM »

Hey, welcome to the club. I've been feeling paralysed on my novella, even though I have a plot sitting there begging to be drafted, I haven't been able to put 2 words together. Worse I've re-read my snippet entries and noticed that besides maybe 2 sentences, it's mostly rubbish.
"She will need coffee soon, or molecular degeneration will set in. Her French phrasing will take over even more strongly, and soon she will dissolve into a puddle of alienation and Kierkegaardian despair."  ~ Jmack

Wishy washy lyricism and maudlin unrequited love are my specialty - so said Lady_Ty

Offline zmunkz

« Reply #880 on: November 23, 2015, 06:46:21 PM »
I've been feeling paralysed on my novella, even though I have a plot sitting there begging to be drafted, I haven't been able to put 2 words together. Worse I've re-read my snippet entries and noticed that besides maybe 2 sentences, it's mostly rubbish.

Sometimes I have to start in the middle of my chapters to sortof get myself writing into the scene... because like you, a lot of times I stare at the next chapter and just don't know what to put down even through the plot is ready to go.
"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." --Isaac Asimov

Offline ClintACK

« Reply #881 on: November 23, 2015, 10:07:11 PM »
Sometimes I have to write a chapter of rubbish before I can figure out why it's rubbish.  There's something helpful about putting the words down, even though I know they're the wrong words.

Offline Lanko

• Writing Group
  • Khaleesi
    • Lanko's Goodreads
« Reply #882 on: November 24, 2015, 01:28:20 AM »

240 wasn't NaNo. Really good day and also have a nice idea on how to continue tomorrow.

Well, according to this thread, it was ten days ago:

Ten days! It felt like forever, though.

Offline Lanko

• Writing Group
  • Khaleesi
    • Lanko's Goodreads
« Reply #883 on: November 24, 2015, 01:40:22 AM »
Sometimes I have to write a chapter of rubbish before I can figure out why it's rubbish.  There's something helpful about putting the words down, even though I know they're the wrong words.

My story kinda began during the middle events. I even wrote things that *should* happen only by the end. But they helped me to know what *probably* the story was about.

I only had an idea of the beginning and decided to use NaNo to write "chronologically". Some characters appeared, others got a bit more freshed out and of course, unexpected things happened, mostly for the good. Well, at least in my opinion  ;D
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 01:41:57 AM by Lanko »

Offline tebakutis

• Falsely Puffed Up Rascal Pig and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Master Namer
    • www.tebakutis.com
« Reply #884 on: November 24, 2015, 02:56:55 AM »
Do 800 words of e-mail count? :)

I did not write today, but I've spent the past few days editing like a crazy person. I just sent the completed (and hopefully final) copy of my second book off to two book bloggers who enjoyed my first book, and volunteered to review the second because they're awesome folks.

Opinions from my advance readers were mostly positive on my second book (and I made a number of improvements thanks to them and my awesome editor) but you just never know whether people will enjoy something or not. So, I'm going to be on pins and needles until the reviews land.

On the upside, I may finally have some time to catch up on TV and gaming. :)