October 20, 2019, 07:51:41 AM

Author Topic: How much did you write today?  (Read 226313 times)

Offline Nora

• Dropped in from another planet avec son sourire provocateur - et Hades and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • The Explorer
    • View Profile
Re: How much did you write today?
« Reply #540 on: May 20, 2015, 03:54:32 AM »
Jeeps! 700 just this morning on a new story that had been bumping in my head recently. Probably more before the end of the day. I don't know if I should be happy or aggravated, because it's not the story I'm trying to finish!!

I guess my brains needed a break.
"She will need coffee soon, or molecular degeneration will set in. Her French phrasing will take over even more strongly, and soon she will dissolve into a puddle of alienation and Kierkegaardian despair."  ~ Jmack

Wishy washy lyricism and maudlin unrequited love are my specialty - so said Lady_Ty

Offline Ryan Mueller

• Needs a Cheesy Quest Fantasy baa-aadly
  • Writing Group
  • Auror
    • View Profile
    • Ryan W. Mueller
« Reply #541 on: May 20, 2015, 04:36:03 AM »
Between the second novel in one of my series and a short story I just started, I've written over 3,000 words today.

Offline JMack

• Hircum Magna Rex of the Fabled Atku Temple, and writing contest regular
  • Writing Group
  • Ringbearer
  • Our daily efforts are love poems to the universe.
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #542 on: May 22, 2015, 02:48:41 AM »
1,375 words today, but most of this was quick concept building.
Culminating in a whopping 141 words of actual story writing to experiment with part of the concept and see if it actually works.
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline SugoiMe

« Reply #543 on: May 22, 2015, 10:07:43 AM »
Busted out 1300 words!:D  Three and a half chapters and I'll have book 2 typed up.  The end is in sight!
"And then the time came when the risk it took to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anais Nin

Offline DDRRead

« Reply #544 on: May 26, 2015, 02:35:18 PM »
Just 354 today. Better than nowt I suppose.

Offline Nora

• Dropped in from another planet avec son sourire provocateur - et Hades and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • The Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: May 27, 2015, 08:39:58 AM »
YEEEEESS!! So pleased with myself! I went back to my short story in progress and cut down quite a few words, ye managed to then extend the story by almost 300 words.
Doesn't sound that impressive, but it's passages I had no ideas how to write so I'm pretty smug.
"She will need coffee soon, or molecular degeneration will set in. Her French phrasing will take over even more strongly, and soon she will dissolve into a puddle of alienation and Kierkegaardian despair."  ~ Jmack

Wishy washy lyricism and maudlin unrequited love are my specialty - so said Lady_Ty

Offline ClintACK

« Reply #546 on: May 28, 2015, 01:04:01 AM »

Woo!  5188 words today and yesterday, The Faun and the Miller’s Daughter (or maybe Old Man River and the Willow Woman).  Reading all the Fairy Tale submissions yesterday inspired me to write another, more classic fairy tale, and I'm really pleased with how it came out.  (Of course I always am when I'm done.  I'll come back to it in a week or two and see all kinds of things wrong.)

YEEEEESS!! So pleased with myself! I went back to my short story in progress and cut down quite a few words, ye managed to then extend the story by almost 300 words.
Doesn't sound that impressive, but it's passages I had no ideas how to write so I'm pretty smug.

That's awesome.  Cutting well is important.  And I love that feeling when a hard passage suddenly comes clear.

Offline Nora

• Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • The Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: May 28, 2015, 02:21:49 AM »

Woo!  5188 words today and yesterday, The Faun and the Miller’s Daughter (or maybe Old Man River and the Willow Woman).  Reading all the Fairy Tale submissions yesterday inspired me to write another, more classic fairy tale, and I'm really pleased with how it came out.  (Of course I always am when I'm done.  I'll come back to it in a week or two and see all kinds of things wrong.)

Post it on the critic thread, we'll help you out pointing things if you want! ^^
Good on you for being so efficient!

That's awesome.  Cutting well is important.  And I love that feeling when a hard passage suddenly comes clear.

Yeah, your review with the others helped a lot to get back to it. Now however I moved on to another, way worse obstacle, because I don't know at all how the action happens. How does she come about killing her parents? is this or tat happening? Ect. Maybe I'll try writing out different options, we'll see.

Offline JRTroughton

« Reply #548 on: May 28, 2015, 09:48:36 PM »
Nothing today. Or yesterday... or the day before.

However, I knocked out a 6000 word short story in 30 hours earlier in the week. Something of a record for me!

Offline Ajdin D

« Reply #549 on: May 30, 2015, 10:31:03 AM »
In the last 24 hours as of writing this now, about 9000 words (I managed to write 4000 while at work on my mobile phone... man i can tell you one thing. I would rather avoid doing that ever again) Halfway through book 2. At 50k words at the moment. But now that i think of it, every day has been decent. At least between 7 and 8k a day.

Offline ClintACK

« Reply #550 on: May 30, 2015, 12:45:26 PM »
Wow.  6000, 9000?  I need to get cracking.  Or I else I need to figure out how to give myself credit for revising and editing.

But: Milestone

I hit 100k words in my current projects yesterday.  (59,729 words in works with at least a complete first draft, 42,834 in partials)

Now, just 900k more, and I'll be competent.   :-\

Offline Ajdin D

« Reply #551 on: May 30, 2015, 11:34:39 PM »
I love to write, that is why. I just wish i  had enough time, or enough books up so i could quit my job and just write haha. Maybe in a year or two :P

Offline Raptori

• Barbarian who does not use the Oxford comma and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • the prettiest kitty cat in the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: May 31, 2015, 01:03:47 AM »
Averaging 7k per day is pretty impressive, as is reaching your first 100k in total!  ;D

Our short story for this month's competition is taking a loooong time to write. We've probably come up with four or five different versions of each sentence while trying to make each one work - a couple of times we ended up with about twenty different options before finding something that fits. The final word count has only crept up about 500 words, but we've written at least 3000 in total today.  :-\

Suffice to say we will probably not be doing anything like this again.
I wish the world was flat like the old days, then I could travel just by folding a map.

Offline ClintACK

« Reply #553 on: May 31, 2015, 03:32:14 PM »
Poetry is much, much harder than prose.  And not nearly as good for your lifetime word count.

Really looking forward to how the rhyming fairy tale comes out.

Offline Raptori

• Barbarian who does not use the Oxford comma and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • the prettiest kitty cat in the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: May 31, 2015, 04:29:25 PM »
Poetry is much, much harder than prose.  And not nearly as good for your lifetime word count.

Really looking forward to how the rhyming fairy tale comes out.
Lol that's for sure.

Don't expect too much, it's not really all that good!  :P
I wish the world was flat like the old days, then I could travel just by folding a map.