July 13, 2020, 03:39:31 PM

Author Topic: How much did you write today?  (Read 271115 times)

Offline DDRRead

Re: How much did you write today?
« Reply #525 on: May 01, 2015, 01:32:49 PM »
405 words of fresh prose. Hopefully time to write up some notes later as well.

Offline Nora

• Dropped in from another planet avec son sourire provocateur - et Hades and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • The Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: May 02, 2015, 04:45:31 AM »
Woohoo you bunch of super productive people! Yesterday I wrote a couple of pages... and that's great considering it's very short stories but, ah! the magic of writing in a booknote... No clue how many words it was!  ;D
Enough to make me happy. Working very early on today so I'll be lucky to come up with anything!
"She will need coffee soon, or molecular degeneration will set in. Her French phrasing will take over even more strongly, and soon she will dissolve into a puddle of alienation and Kierkegaardian despair."  ~ Jmack

Wishy washy lyricism and maudlin unrequited love are my specialty - so said Lady_Ty

Offline Silicon

« Reply #527 on: May 09, 2015, 06:17:20 PM »
Oh, nice thread. Good for keeping people accountable! I wrote about 500 words yesterday. Hardly anything, but I haven't written regularly since ... February? March? Got plunged into the Black Hole of Homework (*shakes fist at college*) and only recently am I able to have a little of that mysterious commodity--Free Time. Hoping to keep this up, even if it's less than 1k a day!

Offline JMack

• Hircum Magna Rex of the Fabled Atku Temple, and writing contest regular
  • Writing Group
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Our daily efforts are love poems to the universe.
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #528 on: May 09, 2015, 06:39:27 PM »
And @Silicon, there's the "How much didn't you write today" thread in which we post how we've been avoiding writing... especially since posting there is a form of avoiding writing  ;) ;D

Meanwhile, I did write 1,650 words yesterday and polished them down to 1,500 today, finishing third draft of my fairy tale story for the Monthly Contest. Once of these days, I'll finish something other than Xiagan's d*mn wonderful contest!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 06:41:53 PM by Jmack »
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline Silicon

« Reply #529 on: May 09, 2015, 10:17:12 PM »
And @Silicon, there's the "How much didn't you write today" thread in which we post how we've been avoiding writing... especially since posting there is a form of avoiding writing  ;) ;D

Meanwhile, I did write 1,650 words yesterday and polished them down to 1,500 today, finishing third draft of my fairy tale story for the Monthly Contest. Once of these days, I'll finish something other than Xiagan's d*mn wonderful contest!

LOL I'll have to check that out. I'm sure in no time at all I'll be a regular in that thread  ;)

Haven't written anything today yet, but I am determined to get AT LEAST 500 words (so, 2 word wars) in by the evening. Somehow.

EDIT: 578 words! Whoo! It's mostly all nonsense, but fun nonsense :D
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 06:53:23 AM by Silicon »

Offline DDRRead

« Reply #530 on: May 11, 2015, 01:00:45 PM »
A respectable 1,106 words today.

Offline DDRRead

« Reply #531 on: May 12, 2015, 01:11:12 PM »
668 today.

Offline DDRRead

« Reply #532 on: May 13, 2015, 05:01:12 PM »
523 today.

Offline JMack

• Hircum Magna Rex of the Fabled Atku Temple, and writing contest regular
  • Writing Group
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Our daily efforts are love poems to the universe.
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #533 on: May 14, 2015, 12:47:55 PM »
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline DDRRead

« Reply #534 on: May 14, 2015, 01:45:59 PM »
523 today.
Show off.  ;) ;D

I'm really in no position to show off. This week has been more productive than the rest of the year. Still, onwards and upwards 563 today.  :D

Offline Silicon

« Reply #535 on: May 16, 2015, 12:50:08 AM »
Around 400 yesterday, but I really like the end result. I'm going to keep it a standalone flash I think.

There's so many forum contests going on around, I have to get on top of those! Definitely writing tonight ... I'll see if I can come up with an idea for "Fairytales"!

Offline Nora

• Dropped in from another planet avec son sourire provocateur - et Hades and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • The Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: May 16, 2015, 02:02:01 AM »
Barely 300 words yesterday but damn proud of them, I was so stuck for days! If I can manage as much today it'd be brilliant!
"She will need coffee soon, or molecular degeneration will set in. Her French phrasing will take over even more strongly, and soon she will dissolve into a puddle of alienation and Kierkegaardian despair."  ~ Jmack

Wishy washy lyricism and maudlin unrequited love are my specialty - so said Lady_Ty

Offline Silicon

« Reply #537 on: May 16, 2015, 09:42:44 PM »
Ugh. Maybe 1.5k words yesterday, flailing around and trying to make a story work for another forum challenge. WHY, why does it hate me? The characters are flat and boring, the setting is dull, and I have no plotline that's more than "This is the ending and ... I don't know how to get there."

I didn't rage-delete all my words last night, but it was a near thing.

Going to attempt version 3.0 today ... hopefully I've already made all my mistakes and it'll go nice and smoothly this time? (I can always hope!)

Offline JRTroughton

« Reply #538 on: May 17, 2015, 03:26:42 PM »

Better than the last few days, anyway. Keep on hammering, I say, keep on hammering.

Offline Ryan Mueller

• Needs a Cheesy Quest Fantasy baa-aadly
  • Writing Group
  • Auror
    • View Profile
    • Ryan W. Mueller
« Reply #539 on: May 19, 2015, 05:41:14 AM »
I wrote about 1,100 words today. That's 1,100 more than I've been writing per day recently.