August 13, 2020, 05:35:28 PM

Author Topic: How much did you write today?  (Read 275857 times)

Offline ArcaneArtsVelho

• Secretly I'm laughing about jurassic raccoon testicles. And a Writing Contest Regular
  • Auror
  • Only partially responsible for my custom title.
Re: How much did you write today?
« Reply #510 on: April 07, 2015, 03:44:41 PM »
Then I wrote 270 words of a new short story: The Goats of Anoch Tilgally, which as readers of another thread know abbreviates to GOAT. Thank you @Yora, @Elfy, @Raptori and @xiagan. (Who all have no spaces in their names, can be summoned and are not the Devil  ;D . See yet another thread.)
J-Mack, is that what they call multithreading?  ;D

Sorry for off-topic joking. I couldn't help myself...

But to stay on topic, I have written nothing but this post today. I'm planning on writing something tomorrow, though. Or the day after. Or sometime soon... ish. :-\
Maybe this response should be moved to the "Avoiding Writing" thread   ;)
And, "multi-threading". Love it.   ;D
Today I wrote some 400 words of a short story featuring the Merchant from my Sci-Fi contest entry. 400 is not as much as I would have liked, but at least now I can post to this thread without feeling out of place.  ;)

(And to try to derail this thread... again...)
Can anyone tell me if there is some regional (or obscure) difference between the use of multithreading and multi-threading, because I see both used? Is it just a matter of personal preference?
(Please try to include an actual on-topic part to your post if you decide to answer the question above.)  :)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 03:47:10 PM by ArcaneArtsVelho »
Everything I wrote above is pure conjecture. I don't know what I'm talking about.

I'm a perfectionist but not very good at anything. That's why I rarely finish things.

Offline Raptori

• Barbarian who does not use the Oxford comma and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • the prettiest kitty cat in the world
« Reply #511 on: April 07, 2015, 04:07:12 PM »
Then I wrote 270 words of a new short story: The Goats of Anoch Tilgally, which as readers of another thread know abbreviates to GOAT. Thank you @Yora, @Elfy, @Raptori and @xiagan. (Who all have no spaces in their names, can be summoned and are not the Devil  ;D . See yet another thread.)
J-Mack, is that what they call multithreading?  ;D

Sorry for off-topic joking. I couldn't help myself...

But to stay on topic, I have written nothing but this post today. I'm planning on writing something tomorrow, though. Or the day after. Or sometime soon... ish. :-\
Maybe this response should be moved to the "Avoiding Writing" thread   ;)
And, "multi-threading". Love it.   ;D
Today I wrote some 400 words of a short story featuring the Merchant from my Sci-Fi contest entry. 400 is not as much as I would have liked, but at least now I can post to this thread without feeling out of place.  ;)

(And to try to derail this thread... again...)
Can anyone tell me if there is some regional (or obscure) difference between the use of multithreading and multi-threading, because I see both used? Is it just a matter of personal preference?
(Please try to include an actual on-topic part to your post if you decide to answer the question above.)  :)
Written roughly 1000 words today, plus a further 1600 or so over the weekend.  :)

Pretty sure it'll be personal preference. Both seem ok to me ;)
I wish the world was flat like the old days, then I could travel just by folding a map.

Offline Rukaio_Alter

• Writing Contest Regular and Ineffectual Comic Relief
  • Writing Group
  • Ambient Mage
« Reply #512 on: April 09, 2015, 12:40:30 AM »
I had an... interesting writing day today. I'm not sure whether I should post this tale here or in avoiding writing thread, but here goes.

As I've mentioned before on the other thread, I've had the last few weeks fairly free and I've been trying to work on getting the second draft of my book done. It's not been very successful. Over the entire last week I've only done about 4000 words for it.

Anyway, I decided what would be useful in helping me get over this writers block was do try and do a few chapters of this fanfiction idea that has been knocking around in my head for a while. Perhaps with that out of the way, my enthusiasm to write more important projects would return.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I somehow managed to write 5000-6000 words of that in one day. And I really don't know whether I should be proud or annoyed about that.
5 Times Winner of the Forum Writing Contest who Totally Hasn't Let it All go to his Head.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Also, <Insert GOD EMPEROR OF THE WRITING CONTEST joke here>

Offline JMack

• Hircum Magna Rex of the Fabled Atku Temple, and writing contest regular
  • Writing Group
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Our daily efforts are love poems to the universe.
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #513 on: April 09, 2015, 12:43:31 AM »
I had an... interesting writing day today. I'm not sure whether I should post this tale here or in avoiding writing thread, but here goes.

As I've mentioned before on the other thread, I've had the last few weeks fairly free and I've been trying to work on getting the second draft of my book done. It's not been very successful. Over the entire last week I've only done about 4000 words for it.

Anyway, I decided what would be useful in helping me get over this writers block was do try and do a few chapters of this fanfiction idea that has been knocking around in my head for a while. Perhaps with that out of the way, my enthusiasm to write more important projects would return.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I somehow managed to write 5000-6000 words of that in one day. And I really don't know whether I should be proud or annoyed about that.
Be both. I shows an appropriate lack of decisiveness.  ;D
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline Raptori

• Barbarian who does not use the Oxford comma and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • the prettiest kitty cat in the world
« Reply #514 on: April 09, 2015, 12:54:01 AM »
Yeah I think if you've written something, it's a good thing. :D

Written about 1000 words so far today, will probably get another couple of hours in later.  :)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 01:05:28 AM by Raptori »
I wish the world was flat like the old days, then I could travel just by folding a map.

Offline Newway12

« Reply #515 on: April 12, 2015, 06:54:23 AM »
just got done rewriting a 3000+ word short story.

Offline Yora

« Reply #516 on: April 15, 2015, 11:42:13 PM »
I just wrote 3000 words about the use of Schrödinger gun in Roleplaying Games. Does that count.  ;D
We are not standing on the shoulders of giants, but on a big tower of other dwarves.

Beneath the Leaves of Kaendor

Offline JMack

• Writing Group
  • Big Wee Hag
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #517 on: April 15, 2015, 11:52:07 PM »
I just wrote 3000 words about the use of Schrödinger gun in Roleplaying Games. Does that count.  ;D
Hmmm... Maybe that belong in the avoiding writing thread?  ;)
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline Ryan Mueller

• Needs a Cheesy Quest Fantasy baa-aadly
  • Writing Group
  • Auror
    • Ryan W. Mueller
« Reply #518 on: April 19, 2015, 01:39:12 AM »
Just short of 2,400 words so far.

Offline Doctor_Chill

• RPG Ringleader and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Ta'veren
  • You've been pugged.
    • Acerbic Writing
« Reply #519 on: April 19, 2015, 04:10:34 AM »
Just knocked out 1200+ on an old project of mine to finish up a chapter. Not great considering I also have three papers and two reviews to work on. But I'll take what I can get. ;)
“It’s a dangerous thing, pretense. A man ought to know who he is, even if he isn’t proud to be it.” - Tomorrow the Killing, Daniel Polansky

For book reviews - https://acerbicwriting.com/

Offline DDRRead

« Reply #520 on: April 24, 2015, 10:59:02 AM »
640. Not fresh prose though; just roughing out the beats for a script. The writing before the writing sort of thing.

Offline JMack

• Writing Group
  • Big Wee Hag
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #521 on: April 26, 2015, 01:32:37 AM »
Just wrote 2,366 words of a story that came out of the blue. I've laid out a number of pieces, but have zero idea where its all going.  :o ;D  One thing's for sure, no matter where it ends up, this one's going to need more than my usual tweaking on the edges. Full out second draft re-work I suspect.
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline DDRRead

« Reply #522 on: April 27, 2015, 01:33:30 PM »
400 words of RPG Non-fic today.

Offline Nora

• Dropped in from another planet avec son sourire provocateur - et Hades and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • The Explorer
« Reply #523 on: April 28, 2015, 12:43:21 PM »
Argh, stop it all with your over 1k days! I'm happy enough I wrote some 200 words today, mostly in notes. Now I'll have to try and finalise them in some 200 definite text maybe?
"She will need coffee soon, or molecular degeneration will set in. Her French phrasing will take over even more strongly, and soon she will dissolve into a puddle of alienation and Kierkegaardian despair."  ~ Jmack

Wishy washy lyricism and maudlin unrequited love are my specialty - so said Lady_Ty

Offline JMack

• Writing Group
  • Big Wee Hag
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #524 on: April 28, 2015, 01:21:24 PM »
Argh, stop it all with your over 1k days! I'm happy enough I wrote some 200 words today, mostly in notes. Now I'll have to try and finalise them in some 200 definite text maybe?
Well, I did just rewrite them last night and ended up with fewer words. Does that ameliorate my sin of >1,000?
www.starlit-lands.com