October 01, 2020, 01:59:10 PM

Author Topic: How much did you write today?  (Read 285493 times)

Offline DDRRead

Re: How much did you write today?
« Reply #375 on: April 12, 2014, 11:51:45 AM »
346 on Thr, 0 on Fri. Not a great week by any standard, but still the best one I've had in ages. Will push on and try to do better in the weeks that follow.

Offline DDRRead

« Reply #376 on: April 15, 2014, 03:07:24 PM »
0 on Mon, but 679 today. Will keep plodding on.

Offline DDRRead

« Reply #377 on: April 16, 2014, 01:49:57 PM »
1179 today. Yay for me!  ;D

Offline Akasha

« Reply #378 on: April 17, 2014, 08:11:27 PM »
Hi guys. I'm new here but I've read some of your topics and decided to post something myself  :D
I don't constantly write (and I'm not only ashamed of it but also it causes me great pain) because I'm a student and projects that i have to do for my lectures are taking me longer than I expect sometimes.

Today I wrote 2000 words but 0 in the last month. I hope I'll be able to keep up with at least 2k words these days since I am in a short holiday.

Offline Wizardly-K9

• Shadow Op
  • Grit your teeth and take it like a champ.
« Reply #379 on: April 18, 2014, 04:40:38 AM »
I keep up around a solid 500 words every day, usually. Some days the well comes up dry, but let's not count those.  :-X
I'm back, baby!

Offline Akasha

« Reply #380 on: April 18, 2014, 11:05:28 PM »
906 words. I hope to write the same amount tomorrow :D

Offline Saraband

• Haggis eater, fantasy scribbler and a Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Master Namer
  • Geeky Reading (and Writing) Introvert
    • BrawBlether
« Reply #381 on: April 18, 2014, 11:52:41 PM »
In an oddly superb day, I was able to put out 860 words in forty minutes. It has never happened before, so I'm very proud of myself!
https://brawblether.com

"Poor gauzy souls trying to express ourselves in something tangible." - F. S. Fitzgerald

"Wherever I wander, wherever I rove,
The hills of the Highlands for ever I love." - Robert Burns

Offline DDRRead

« Reply #382 on: April 19, 2014, 01:42:28 PM »
I don't constantly write (and I'm not only ashamed of it but also it causes me great pain) because I'm a student and projects that i have to do for my lectures are taking me longer than I expect sometimes.

I wouldn't worry and you definitely shouldn't feel ashamed, after all as a student your studies have to come first, plus presumably your only going to be a student for a limited time, but you can write for a lifetime.

Anyway, if not writing really does cause you pain how about writing a little, but often instead of 2000 word sittings. I think 250 words is one page, and a page a day will get you further than you think. Especially if you need to dedicate time, effort, and mental energy to your studies. Oh, and hello and welcome to the forum.  :)

0 for me on Thr, 511 for Fri, and 541 today. 

Offline DDRRead

« Reply #383 on: April 21, 2014, 10:53:20 AM »
568. Plenty for a Bank Holiday Monday. ;D

Offline ladygreen

« Reply #384 on: April 21, 2014, 08:49:22 PM »
451, between work meetings.  ;D

Offline Akasha

« Reply #385 on: April 21, 2014, 09:58:28 PM »

I wouldn't worry and you definitely shouldn't feel ashamed, after all as a student your studies have to come first, plus presumably your only going to be a student for a limited time, but you can write for a lifetime.

Anyway, if not writing really does cause you pain how about writing a little, but often instead of 2000 word sittings. I think 250 words is one page, and a page a day will get you further than you think. Especially if you need to dedicate time, effort, and mental energy to your studies. Oh, and hello and welcome to the forum.  :)

0 for me on Thr, 511 for Fri, and 541 today.

Yeah, you are right about writing a page per day, especially if I work on translating completed works in English (I'm a non-native English speaker). I often get tired because it requires special attention and also I have to work with a dictionary if I don't know a word or something.

These days I haven't touched a keyboard or a pen because I have celebrated Easter  and I was away :D :D but I'll satisfy my thirst of writing tomorrow.

Thank you for your warm welcome  ;)

Offline DDRRead

« Reply #386 on: April 24, 2014, 02:37:31 AM »
0 for me on Tiw's day, a paltry 335 on Woden's day.

Offline DDRRead

« Reply #387 on: April 26, 2014, 09:34:48 AM »
0 on both Thor's day, and Freya's day, but a solid Saturn's day 612 today. See you next week writing peeps.  ;D

Offline ladygreen

« Reply #388 on: April 26, 2014, 05:00:48 PM »
So, horror story this morning.  I got up, made myself some coffee and toast, sat down in my office with the windows wide open (to enjoy the lovely weather), and opened up my laptop - determined to utterly beat Chapter 9 into submission by 1pm.  And...

My last revision is gone.  Seriously.  Gone.

I must have accidentally closed it in a hurry at work (I write in the mornings before my meetings begin) and neglected to save it.  So no one to blame but me but WOW did that ever suck.  The good news is that it was only 2 hours worth of work.  The bad news is that IT WAS TWO HOURS WORTH OF WORK.

Chapter 9 and I are going to war.  Today.   >:(

Offline DDRRead

« Reply #389 on: April 28, 2014, 07:56:22 AM »
So, horror story this morning.  I got up, made myself some coffee and toast, sat down in my office with the windows wide open (to enjoy the lovely weather), and opened up my laptop - determined to utterly beat Chapter 9 into submission by 1pm.  And...

My last revision is gone.  Seriously.  Gone.

I must have accidentally closed it in a hurry at work (I write in the mornings before my meetings begin) and neglected to save it.  So no one to blame but me but WOW did that ever suck.  The good news is that it was only 2 hours worth of work.  The bad news is that IT WAS TWO HOURS WORTH OF WORK.

Chapter 9 and I are going to war.  Today.   >:(

Nasty! Are you using Word? if so you when it's open you can click the office button and see a list of recent docs. Anyway, commiserations. I've done the same in the past and it 'doth sucketh mucheth' to paraphrase the bard.