March 05, 2021, 12:29:19 AM

Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 1196 times)

Offline TheEighthRenewal

• Tribute
    • The Eighth Renewal
Hello!
« on: December 11, 2020, 04:19:06 PM »
Hey guys, new to the forum wanted to say hi and nice to meet everyone.  I've been reading fantasy since I was 12, (I'm 40 now!) and I'm an author of fantasy as well.  Nice to meet other writers.  Tell me a bit about yourselves. 

Offline ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Administrator
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • LibraryThing profile
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2020, 04:56:15 PM »
Hi, welcome to the forum :D we're all very nice

I'm just a reader, not a writer, but we have all sorts hehe
Feel free to browse and contribute to the threads, maybe even our monthly writing contest?
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

I'm "She Who Reigns Over Us All In Crimson Cheer", according to Peat!

Offline TheEighthRenewal

• Tribute
    • The Eighth Renewal
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2020, 06:47:47 PM »
Hi, welcome to the forum :D we're all very nice

I'm just a reader, not a writer, but we have all sorts hehe
Feel free to browse and contribute to the threads, maybe even our monthly writing contest?

Writing contests sound fun! I'll take a peek at it, thanks

Offline isos81

• Kingkiller
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2020, 06:55:24 PM »
Welcome to the forum. Feel free to write any thread, even the old ones! We love threadcomancers :)
Kallor shrugged. 'I've walked this land when the T'lan Imass were but children. I've commanded armies a hundred thousand strong. I've spread the fire of my wrath across entire continents, and sat alone upon tall thrones. Do you grasp the meaning of this?'

'Yes' said Caladan Brood. 'You never learn'

Offline CameronJohnston

• Great Old One
  • Auror
    • Cameron Writes
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2020, 02:51:24 PM »
Welcome! There's a fair few of us writers on here :)

The Traitor God & God of Broken Things

Offline cupiscent

• Writing Group
  • Gentleman Bastard
  • an nonsense
    • viscerate.com
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2020, 01:37:05 AM »
Welcome welcome! I have a similar timeline - discovered fantasy at age 12, have been reading and writing it ever since, now 40. :D

Offline Elfy

• Writing contest regular
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • Purple Dove House
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2020, 04:22:24 AM »
G’day! I can’t remember exactly when I discovered fantasy as such, but I was reading Enid Blyton’s Faraway Tree and Wishing Chair books, as well as Tove Jannsin’s Moomin books when I was 6 or 7 and that lead me into things like The Hobbit. I write, although I don’t think I’ll ever be published, and I read a lot. Hope you enjoy your time here. We”re a pretty friendly bunch.
I will expand your TBR pile.

http://purpledovehouse.blogspot.com

Offline TheEighthRenewal

• Tribute
    • The Eighth Renewal
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2020, 09:07:02 PM »
Welcome welcome! I have a similar timeline - discovered fantasy at age 12, have been reading and writing it ever since, now 40. :D

Did you start on Feist also?  ;D  I got into it because of a game called betrayal at Krondoer, and I was big into dragon warrior at the time. From there it just expanded to a bunch of the D&D novels and I never looked back 

Offline TheEighthRenewal

• Tribute
    • The Eighth Renewal
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2020, 09:09:13 PM »
G’day! I can’t remember exactly when I discovered fantasy as such, but I was reading Enid Blyton’s Faraway Tree and Wishing Chair books, as well as Tove Jannsin’s Moomin books when I was 6 or 7 and that lead me into things like The Hobbit. I write, although I don’t think I’ll ever be published, and I read a lot. Hope you enjoy your time here. We”re a pretty friendly bunch.

With the (hopefully obvious) exception of the hobbit I hadn't heard of those.  I think when I was that age I was reading the Ramona books, and a set of books by an author named John Bellairs 

Offline Elfy

• Writing contest regular
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • Purple Dove House
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2020, 04:40:42 AM »
G’day! I can’t remember exactly when I discovered fantasy as such, but I was reading Enid Blyton’s Faraway Tree and Wishing Chair books, as well as Tove Jannson’s Moomin books when I was 6 or 7 and that lead me into things like The Hobbit. I write, although I don’t think I’ll ever be published, and I read a lot. Hope you enjoy your time here. We”re a pretty friendly bunch.

With the (hopefully obvious) exception of the hobbit I hadn't heard of those.  I think when I was that age I was reading the Ramona books, and a set of books by an author named John Bellairs
It may be my age, but when I was pre teens there wasn't a whole lot of fantasy around. My mother bought me Finn Family Moomintroll and that kind of hooked me. They're a bit deal in the author's native Finland, and no, I'm not Finnish. There's a sort of whimsy about them, especially the earlier books in the series. I also got into T. H. White's The Once and Future King at a fairly tender age.
I will expand your TBR pile.

http://purpledovehouse.blogspot.com