November 12, 2019, 02:23:54 PM

Author Topic: The Winter Road, Adrian Selby - Nov 2018  (Read 1256 times)

Offline ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
The Winter Road, Adrian Selby - Nov 2018
« on: June 08, 2018, 05:17:45 PM »
Hey @Adrian_Selby, look what I found! Your cover reveal :D

Design by Lauren Panepinto
Illustration by Jaime Jones

"The greatest empire of them all began with a road.

The Circle – a thousand miles of perilous forests and warring clans. No one has ever tamed such treacherous territory before, but ex-soldier Teyr Amondsen, veteran of a hundred battles, is determined to try.

With a merchant caravan protected by a crew of skilled mercenaries, Amondsen embarks on a dangerous mission to forge a road across the untamed wilderness that was once her home. But a warlord rises in the wilds of the Circle, uniting its clans and terrorising its people. Teyr’s battles may not be over yet . . .

All roads lead back to war."

https://www.orbitbooks.net/2018/06/01/coming-soon-the-winter-road-by-adrian-selby/

Is it the sequel to Snakewood (which I haven't read yet...) or are they both stand-alones?
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" - Douglas Adams

Offline Adrian_Selby

• Soulfinder
  • Author of Snakewood, Producer at Boss Alien
    • View Profile
    • My personal blog
Re: The Winter Road, Adrian Selby - Nov 2018
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2018, 04:14:53 PM »
Hey there :) That is indeed my gorgeous cover!

It isn't a sequel to Snakewood, they're both standalones, though both in the same world. This one is set around 150 years before. There's an organisation you come across in Snakewood called The Post, a bit like a global, uberpowerful British East India Company, and this is that organisation's origin story, the story of its founder and the consequences of her ambition - hence the first line of the blurb.

For those aware that Snakewood's first hundred pages are a bit of a 'drop you right in it' challenge, this novel is primarily a single pov and hopefully a lot more straightforward. No date on the ARCs yet - but The Winter Road is due out in November.

I'm contracted to write another standalone in this world, and I need to get my skates on!! The proposal for that one would see it set in between the two, about eighty years before Snakewood. More on that next year I hope.

Cheers
Adrian

Offline Rostum

Re: The Winter Road, Adrian Selby - Nov 2018
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2018, 04:16:45 PM »
Lets bump this up as its a month (+ a day) away