October 17, 2018, 01:01:21 PM

Author Topic: The Deathless Peter Newman 14-6-18  (Read 453 times)

Offline Nora

• Dropped in from another planet avec son sourire provocateur - et Hades and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • The Explorer
    • View Profile
Re: The Deathless Peter Newman 14-6-18
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2018, 12:54:38 PM »
Yeah I gave pointers to my event manager. Trying to get Newman invited for signings at our waterstones.
"She will need coffee soon, or molecular degeneration will set in. Her French phrasing will take over even more strongly, and soon she will dissolve into a puddle of alienation and Kierkegaardian despair."  ~ Jmack

Wishy washy lyricism and maudlin unrequited love are my specialty - so said Lady_Ty

Offline Rostum

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 04:32:59 PM »
I would suggest that booking the Newmans as a couple is your best chance of success, both their careers have picked up tremendously of late. They are writing wild cards for GRRM and Emma is in great demand as a narrator. 

Or as an off the wall idea how about a live episode of tea and jeopardy from your store. 

Offline Nora

• Dropped in from another planet avec son sourire provocateur - et Hades and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • The Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 09:13:46 AM »
Wait. Emma Newman is the missus of Peter Newman?!
I've bought the only copy of Deathless our shop got in... =_=
Sadly I had a bad experience with Planetfall from Emma Newman. It had some gimmicks used that weakened the plot a main character who refused to change, and an ending I disliked and didn't understand that well. Worst of all the philosophical/religious implications of the moral of her story are going strongly against my own.
I'll eventually read more from her but probably nothing set in the planetfall universe.
But I've still made her a feature at work.
If we're talking about the same Emma then it's a pretty sweet idea to have them both.
"She will need coffee soon, or molecular degeneration will set in. Her French phrasing will take over even more strongly, and soon she will dissolve into a puddle of alienation and Kierkegaardian despair."  ~ Jmack

Wishy washy lyricism and maudlin unrequited love are my specialty - so said Lady_Ty

Online ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2018, 09:49:09 AM »
Yes, mister and missus 8)

And the "Tea and Jeopardy" that Rostum mentions is a podcast that they have together, it's been going on for ages. Doing one from the shop would be a super idea!
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" - Douglas Adams

Offline JMack

• Hircum Magna Rex of the Fabled Atku Temple, and writing context regular
  • Writing Group
  • Ringbearer
  • ridiculously obscure is my super power.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2018, 11:30:38 AM »
Wow, @Nora: how time moves on. I’m recalling your first posts from a farm and later descriptions of being hit on your bicycle as you pedaled home at night. It seems like you’ve really found a great place to be.
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)