October 17, 2018, 01:06:44 PM

Author Topic: June 18 The Traitor God by Cameron Johnston  (Read 4097 times)

Online CameronJohnston

Re: June 18 The Traitor God by Cameron Johnston
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2018, 03:04:04 PM »
I refuse to pre order i am holding out for a copy at launch where I will part with cold hard cash or more likely book tokens to get a copy signed. Assuming there is a signing south of Newcastle?
I would very much enjoy that,  but only the big name writers tend to get actual signing tours (and can afford the time off to do them far from home). Otherwise it's the unknown debut author sitting at a table reading a book waiting for somebody...anybody...to buy one. But things can change all the time where publishing is concerned.

I'll definitely be at Eastercon/Follycon in Harrogate over Easter but that's before the book is out, and likely Fantasycon at Chester in October. I *may* be in Derby in July for Edgelit as well but that is very dependant on finances.

Offline J.R. Darewood

• aka Duckly Breadgood
  • Writing Group
  • Master Namer
  • Zork. And it was all downhill from there.
    • View Profile
    • Nerd Empire
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2018, 08:35:24 PM »
I refuse to pre order i am holding out for a copy at launch where I will part with cold hard cash or more likely book tokens to get a copy signed. Assuming there is a signing south of Newcastle?
I would very much enjoy that,  but only the big name writers tend to get actual signing tours (and can afford the time off to do them far from home). Otherwise it's the unknown debut author sitting at a table reading a book waiting for somebody...anybody...to buy one. But things can change all the time where publishing is concerned.

I'll definitely be at Eastercon/Follycon in Harrogate over Easter but that's before the book is out, and likely Fantasycon at Chester in October. I *may* be in Derby in July for Edgelit as well but that is very dependant on finances.

You could always steal my marketing plan to dress as a wizard carrying books in a leather knapsack at cons. My other plan to travel the UK in a gypsy wagon might be overly expensive however

Offline Rostum

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2018, 10:06:00 PM »
Waterstones do tend to promote debut authors, however tickets tend to be free to those events so presumably its down to the authors or publishers to fund the expense of getting there and doing their thing.

Online CameronJohnston

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2018, 12:36:29 PM »
I answered cunning questions from Hippogriff's Aerie for my first ever interview as an author.
Featuring: stop-motion skeletons, video nasties of the 80s, mysterious statues and the beauty of swords. Oh, and The Traitor God, better mention that too!
https://hippogriff.wordpress.com/2018/02/14/interview-with-cameron-johnston/

Offline Rostum

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2018, 08:39:14 AM »
Ok pre ordered but I still expect a signature even if I have to post the book to you to get it :)

Offline J.R. Darewood

• aka Duckly Breadgood
  • Writing Group
  • Master Namer
  • Zork. And it was all downhill from there.
    • View Profile
    • Nerd Empire
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2018, 11:19:41 AM »
I answered cunning questions from Hippogriff's Aerie for my first ever interview as an author.
Featuring: stop-motion skeletons, video nasties of the 80s, mysterious statues and the beauty of swords. Oh, and The Traitor God, better mention that too!
https://hippogriff.wordpress.com/2018/02/14/interview-with-cameron-johnston/

Great interview!!!

Online CameronJohnston

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2018, 02:14:53 PM »
So, so, so! things are happening.

My official book launch event at Waterstones on June 5th is live and plans are afoot for something happening further south in the UK too! https://www.waterstones.com/events/cameron-johnston-launches-the-traitor-god/glasgow-argyle-street

I also had the pleasure of being interviewed by Anna Stephens of Godblind fame: https://anna-stephens.com/2018/05/07/the-traitor-god-interviewing-cameron-johnston/

Offline tebakutis

• Falsely Puffed Up Rascal Pig and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Master Namer
    • View Profile
    • www.tebakutis.com
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2018, 04:15:59 PM »
So, so, so! things are happening.

My official book launch event at Waterstones on June 5th is live and plans are afoot for something happening further south in the UK too! https://www.waterstones.com/events/cameron-johnston-launches-the-traitor-god/glasgow-argyle-street

I also had the pleasure of being interviewed by Anna Stephens of Godblind fame: https://anna-stephens.com/2018/05/07/the-traitor-god-interviewing-cameron-johnston/

Nice! Just jumped into the ARC last weekend ... :0

Online CameronJohnston

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2018, 04:33:09 PM »
I'm so sorry! I hope you have reinforced flung-book proof walls and hankies to mop up bleeding eyes.
Or, y'know, hope you enjoy it :p

Online CameronJohnston

« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2018, 09:42:12 AM »
Two weeks and it will be out! Excuse me while I flail around a little...

Online ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2018, 10:02:11 AM »
Yay!
I've got it on pre-order :D

That unicorn... ;D ;D

By the way, I'll be in Glasgow 15-17 June! I've already got some things planned, but would you be around to have a coffee or something on the 15th in the evening? It'd be great to meet you "for real" hehe
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" - Douglas Adams

Offline Lady Ty

• Blessed River Lady and Defender of Baby Dragons
  • Ta'veren
  • So-Old-That-She-Can-Nearly-Be-Called-Oldest-Ty
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2018, 10:12:24 AM »
I checked to find my pre-order and found I did so once in April and then again in May.  ::) Sorry, Cameron, had to cancel one, but looking forward to when it arrives. ;D
“This is the problem with even lesser demons. They come to your doorstep in velvet coats and polished shoes. They tip their hats and smile and demonstrate good table manners. They never show you their tails.” 
Leigh Bardugo, The Language of Thorns: Midnight Tales and Dangerous Magic

Online CameronJohnston

« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2018, 02:04:09 PM »
That's the Angry Robot unicorn  ;D

Goodness, only the one copy @Lady Ty  :) Haha, thank you!

@ScarletBea That should be totally doable, and would be super cool too, but I'm also waiting to hear back on a 'thing' so I might actually be down south that weekend. Possibly., but I will let you know if that happens.

Online CameronJohnston

« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2018, 02:57:54 PM »
In addition to my book launch tomorrow in Glasgow, myself and RJ Barker of Age of Assassins fame will be creating mayhem at Forbidden Planet in Newcastle on June 14th.
https://forbiddenplanet.com/events/2018/06/14/cameron-johnson-and-r-j-barker/

Online CameronJohnston

« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2018, 09:02:03 AM »
Today is the US and Canada launch date! Eep! Much excitement. The UK and others official launch date is on Thursday.