December 11, 2017, 09:00:24 PM

Author Topic: How long does it take for you to read a Fantasy Novel?  (Read 12216 times)

Offline Nighteyes

• Send me Leopard Erotica.
  • Ringbearer
  • OH WOW! JUST WORKED OUT HOW TO DO THIS!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: How long does it take for you to read a Fantasy Novel?
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2011, 08:50:10 AM »
Well there are different factors to be taken into account:

1) How busy your real life is at the time
2) Are you on vacation/ weekend or in your weekday routine
3) Is it an easy read without much challenging vocab, technical explanations, poetic/ prose descriptions or vice versa
4) Is it a new world with new characters and cultures or are you simply slipping back into a familiar world with familiar characters

But I can easily read 100 pages an hour if my plate is clear, and I am comfortable with the set up of the story ....

The Real Powers That Be

Offline Noona

« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2011, 10:19:38 AM »
There's some fuss happening today because the Education secretary apparently said that secondary school children should read 50 books a year...I'm 22 so far from being a school kid, but at first I thought ok, I'd probably struggle to read 50 books a year but then I counted up and I've read 22 books already this year, none shorter than 300 pages and the vast majority over 500. I will admit though that I wasn't working January or February so I would probably have read less were I much busier.
I think that's roughly a book every three days?

Offline Shamrock

« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2011, 10:30:35 AM »
For me it all depends on how long the book is, I on average read 350 pages a week. So if the book is that length I will read it in a week. Name of the Wind and 'Salem's Lot took me two weeks because of their length. This is not including the amount I read for university :) That's just what I read for entertainment in a week :)
Books are the blessed chloroform of the mind

Offline Ice Bear

« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2011, 01:01:09 PM »
One issue for me is the follow up question,

How much do I remember  ???

Offline Drying Ink

« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2011, 04:54:45 PM »
Depends on the length of the book. Shorter fantasies, between one and a half to two and a half hours. Books like the Wheel of Time, maybe four? The Crippled God I read over two days, but I was very busy at the time.