April 03, 2020, 07:01:33 PM

Author Topic: Want to Have Your Novel Reviewed?  (Read 122439 times)

Offline Simon Ilincev

Re: Want to Have Your Novel Reviewed?
« Reply #405 on: June 22, 2019, 11:06:29 AM »
Name: Simon Ilincev
Email: simonparklane@gmail.com
Website URL: ---
Novel Title: The Trilogic Worlds: The Fictional War
Genre: Adventure Fantasy/Alternate Fairy Tale
Length: 140K
Format: Kindle, Phone, Tablet, Computer
Back Cover Blurb:
FAIRY TALES REWRITE THEMSELVES

Emmanuel was always an ordinary, run-of-the-mill boy, but upon receiving a mysterious letter with even more mysterious instructions, he is thrust into a complicated battle encompassing all three worlds of Earth, Destroyia, and Fantasia.

Destroyia and Fantasia are fairy-tale worlds, filled with the classic fictional characters whose lives Emmanuel has loved reading about - reading is his sole escape from the dullness of real life.

Yet these worlds come with a twist. Despite the beauty fairy tales suggest, villains had the upper hand and dominated all in the once-united land of Destasia. The cruel Destroyians enslaved the smaller population of kind-hearted Fantasians in their unified land. After decades of oppression, the Fantasians' only option was to flee to a whole new world.

But united under one fearsome and scarred leader of suspicious origins, the Destroyians are coming back for the Fantasians, despite the powerful magical barrier the Fantasians created.

And then they are coming for Earth.

Will Emmanuel be able to help the Fantasians to victory and find his long-lost father in the fairy tale worlds as the letter suggests, or will the Destroyians rule all three worlds?

A book you can't put down, The Trilogic Worlds is an expertly woven, enthralling story crafted by a thirteen-year-old.

Info: really need reviews on Amazon. This is my debut novel and I want to see it succeed. It's hard enough writing this is a kid, and even harder watching the SR go down.

Offline isos81

« Reply #406 on: June 22, 2019, 11:43:24 AM »
How old are you @Simon Ilincev?
Kallor shrugged. 'I've walked this land when the T'lan Imass were but children. I've commanded armies a hundred thousand strong. I've spread the fire of my wrath across entire continents, and sat alone upon tall thrones. Do you grasp the meaning of this?'

'Yes' said Caladan Brood. 'You never learn'

Offline Simon Ilincev

« Reply #407 on: June 22, 2019, 11:44:29 AM »
Hi,
It is written in the product description on Amazon. I am 13 years old.
Thank you for your interest in this post.
I believe that it is not the age that matters, but the mindset. Although most people wouldn't associate younger people with writing quality, I disagree with that.
“If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.”
- Toni Morrison
« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 11:52:12 AM by Simon Ilincev »

Offline T.B. Phillips

« Reply #408 on: June 25, 2019, 05:22:46 PM »
Name: T.B. Phillips
Email: thomas.b.phillips@gmail.com
Website URL: N/A
Novel Title: Andalon Awakens
Genre: Fantasy/Science Fiction
Length: 122,000 words
Format: Epub and Print

Back Cover Blurb: The people of Andalon awaken with frightening powers that threaten to destabilize the Esterling Dynasty. Robert Esterling fights to come of age and struggles with his own physical limitations while leading a civil war against this usurper brother. Meanwhile, the Astian continent continues to dominate the people of Andalon as centuries of control unravel under the watchful eyes of the magic wielding Falconers, a secretive sect of administrators sent to control population and prevent the awakening of latents. Braen Braston leads an unlikely alliance of pirates and outlaws as latent elemental magic awakens and forces him to accept fate or continue living as a quiet outcast form the northern kingdom of Fjorik. Eusari, captain of the dread pirate vessel She Wolf, is stripped of everything she holds dear, forcing her to place trust in a man she barely knows.

How Many Copies Available for Reviewers: Available as ARC PDF
Stipulations: There is no charge for access to my ARC. I only ask that you post (on your website, newsletter, or blog) your review so that I may build a wider audience.

Offline g. c. ramirez

« Reply #409 on: August 10, 2019, 08:19:35 PM »
Name: g. c. ramirez
Email: ramblerg@mac.com
Website URL: http://thegoldenspiralseries.com
Novel Title: The Power of the Crystalline Trees
Genre: YA Action Adventure/Fantasy
Length: 60,000 words
Format: digital

Back Cover Blurb: Set in the not-to-far future, Lan and Asira must discover their inner powers to heal and stay connected to the unifying field of energy known as the Golden Grid. After discovering the three keys of transformation and working with a sacred geometry crystal, Lan restores land that was a radioactive dumping ground before the Shift of Ages. Throughout his journey to Asira, Lan must contend with genetically engineered life forms that are out of balance with the world, discover the secrets of the Forest of Dandaka to become an ally to the trees, and unlock his own gifts with the help of a mysterious stranger. Meant to spark the reader's imagination about how a new, sustainable relationship with Earth might arise, this story offers a hopeful view of the future and the way to get there.

How Many Copies Available for Reviewers: one per reviewer

Stipulations: Would love to have a review on Fantasy Faction! Please leave a review on Amazon. I'll send you a code to get your digital version of the book.

Offline Eli Steele

« Reply #410 on: September 04, 2019, 05:54:33 PM »
Name: Eli Steele
Email: elisteele000@gmail.com
Website URL: https://elisteele.blogspot.com/
Novel Title: Blood & Iron
Genre: Fantasy
Length: Part 1 - 26,000 words
Format: ebook
How Many Copies Available for Reviewers:  Until you beat me into submission
Stipulations:  None!
Back Cover Blurb:

Magic doesn't exist, until a mage falls in the streets of Ashmor. In his last moments, he gives Rowan Vos, a thief for hire, a sword that will alter his future, and threaten not only his own life, but the lives of everyone around him.

Eldrick D'Eldar returns from the Kingdom of Meronia with dire news - three decades of fragile peace is unraveling.

And Griffon Alexander, the son of a minor noble relegated to the borderland keep of Braewood, is about to face the culmination of all of these events.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 10:32:32 PM by Eli Steele »

Offline LC Blaise

« Reply #411 on: October 16, 2019, 09:49:16 PM »
Name: Linton C. Blaise

Email: Linton.blaise@lintonblaise.com

Website URL: https://lintonblaise.com

Novel Title: Beyond the Fearsome Mist

Genre: Fantasy/Sword and Sworcery

Length: 413 pages

Format: Kindle

Back Cover Blurb:
The mist walkers are real!

All her life Lowen believed the mysterious creatures a figment of her grandmother’s tales. But when their flying fortress appears outside her village, she and her family become the prisoners of these not so mythical beings. Together with her friend Emmi, Lowen must use her magical powers to fight her way across a landscape teeming with dangers as she attempts to reunite with her missing family.

For Kastalard Igo capturing Lowen should have been the achievement of a lifetime. Unbeknownst to him the capture of this single girl will set into motion a series of events that will alter untold fortunes – including his own.

Available Copies: As many as it takes

Stipulations: There are no stipulations, however it would be a great help if reviewers posted reviews to either Goodreads or Amazon in addition to their platform of choice.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 07:37:02 PM by LC Blaise »

Offline Pemry Janes

« Reply #412 on: December 02, 2019, 10:44:30 AM »
Name: Pemry Janes
Email: pemryjanes@gmail.com
Website URL: none
Novel Title: The Living Sword 2 - The Road Ahead
Genre: High Fantasy
Length: 58,000 words
Format: Ebook in both MOBI, EPUB, or PDF
Back Cover Blurb:
Eurik & Leraine have escaped the land of the necromancers, but still face a long journey. Eurik is looking for answers about who his parents were and how they ended up adrift at sea. Leraine must carry the news of her teacher’s death back home, yet also has a debt to Eurik for helping her to avenge Irelith.

Together, they’ll have to traverse the Neisham Hills, where lone travelers are snatched in the night and even numbers don’t guarantee safety. And beyond the hills, all along the long Inza Road, the drums of war beat louder and louder.

But the greatest threat may not be goblins, elves, or bandits. It may be the people they’ve chosen to travel with.

How Many Copies Available for Reviewers: 10
Stipulations: This is an ARC, the book won't be out until January 2020 and I'm looking to use Booksprout for this. So anybody familiar with that site has a leg up. But if you don't want to use it, we can work around that.
As to where I'd like you to leave a review, wherever you are comfortable with. Here on Fantasy Faction, Goodreads, Amazon, your own blog, it's all good with me.

Offline Dave

« Reply #413 on: December 03, 2019, 04:49:37 PM »
Hi,

I don't have any copies of my books as I have only published them on Amazon. My name is Dave Wagstaff and I currently have 2 volumes for sale at just over a dollar each for next four days on Amazon in the US. You can find book one here: https://www.amazon.com/Coming-Waryrenn-When-Dreams-Come-ebook/dp/B07BXNCZL5/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=david+wagstaff&qid=1575391508&s=books&sr=1-4

and book two here: https://www.amazon.com/Ishmian-Library-When-Dreams-Come-ebook/dp/B07YLM9NKZ/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=david+wagstaff&qid=1575391508&s=books&sr=1-1

You can open each book and reach first 4 chapters or download a preview. I have some reviews for book one in UK but none in US so would be great to get some there.

Offline Joe Colomban

« Reply #414 on: January 13, 2020, 11:00:40 PM »
Name:Joe Colomban
Email:joecolomban@gmail.com
Website URL:joecolomban.com
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/173414470X/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Novel Title: Beasts Beneath the Flesh
Genre: Sword and Sorcery
Length: 312 Pages (96,000 words)
Format: Ebook, Paperback
How Many Copies Available for Reviewers: 10 (Ebook)
Stipulations: Please post your review on amazon.

Back Cover Blurb: Pulp Fantasy Reborn

Beneath the bloodstained moon, the only thing more insane than the people are the cosmic horrors they call gods.

Modernization is fast approaching. The only escape is a desert where sword & sorcery reign supreme, locked in an age of antiquity by its eldritch serpentine overlords. But, the outside world does not intend for it to stay that way. A disillusioned legionnaire and a bloodthirsty barbarian travel east. One to escape the life he knew, the other for revenge. Rebels struggle with their hard-won freedom while a half-breed fights to quell them before his masters do. A pirate takes a job beyond her depth in the hopes of undermining the serpent-men's power. And a sorceress drives herself to the brink of madness in a bid for it.

By fate or happenstance, they converge on something far greater than any of them. Their fates hopelessly intertwined, they march forward. Yet no matter how lightly they tread, the chaos each leaves in their wake threatens to swallow the others in this tale of blood, bronze, sorcery, and gunpowder.

Offline pennfawn

« Reply #415 on: January 16, 2020, 12:29:00 AM »
Name: Penn Fawn
Email: pennfawnbooks@gmail.com
Website URL: pennfawn.com
Novel Title: Necropolis (Book One of Book One)
Genre: Dark Fantasy
Length: 157 pages
Format: epub
Back Cover Blurb:
Three men, having being killed, and five others, after inadvertently entering a portal, discover not only is there an afterlife, it is much more terrifying than any of them could have imagined.

Having experienced a transitional period of shock, then acknowledgement, then despair, they concede life beyond this tier, or within the underworld, appears to be the final destination and place of retribution for men.

In the midst of desperation to discover whether this is true or if there is a way to escape, they learn the necropolis, a diamond-studded jewel they’d all but forgotten about trying to find, was imbued with a power critical to their having any hope of salvation.

How Many Copies Available for Reviewers: Open. It is being offer for free, first release for the series

Stipulations: Best to download it from here for no charge. BookFunnel link: https://bookhip.com/LKGRPV
Has been distributed wide but prefers if reviews are left at either Amazon or Goodreads.
Goodreads link: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/50433877-necropolis
Amazon link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083SSGXDJ
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 07:41:42 PM by pennfawn »

Offline Christopher C. Fuchs

« Reply #416 on: February 02, 2020, 05:25:37 PM »
Name: Christopher C. Fuchs
Email: contact@loremarkpublishing.com
Website URL: https://earthpillarbooks.com/
Novel Title: Lords of Deception (War of Four Kingdoms 1)
Genre: Epic Fantasy/Adventure
Length: 596 pages (159,000 words)
Format: E-book (EPUB, MOBI)
Back Cover Blurb:

Emperors and kings thought it had been buried long ago: the Order of the Candlestone was defeated, the grim deeds of its assassins forgotten and its dangerous alchemy shunned. But Arasemis, an eccentric warrior-scholar, is determined to revive the Order and return the continent to its primitive origins, if he can control his apprentices.

Arthan Valient is a young nobleman from a respected family who wrestles with providing honorable service to a weak king. Thrust into a powerful position before he is ready, Arthan must navigate the political intrigue of a court in slow collapse, while avoiding Arasemis’s new assassins.

Milisend is the weak king’s daughter, a princess who secretly shuns the life of royalty and hides her passion for thievery and a certain thief. But as the machinations of Arasemis and Arthan intensify, these mere distractions become live-saving in ways she never expected. And from within her emerges something she never knew she had.

Arasemis, Arthan, Milisend, and their companions learn that help can be found in the most unlikely of places, even as the shadow of war looms across the continent. But trust is always elusive.

“Visceral Epic Fantasy with Plenty of Political Intrigue... A Narrative Thrill” — Kirkus Reviews (2019)
“Top 5 Novel of the Year... One of the Best Fantasy Debuts I've Read in a While” — Liviu Suciul, former co-editor of Fantasy Book Critic (2019)
"This Series is My New Obsession" — Zoe Pollock, Book Blogger at Zoe's Reading Corner (2019)
"A Bit Like the Style of Game of Thrones... I Found it Hard to Put Down" — Jonty S., NetGalley (2019)

How Many Copies Available for Reviewers: 48 copies unclaimed at Booksprout (https://booksprout.co/arc/28572/lords-of-deception)

Stipulations:
-- ARCs are free but cannot be shared with others. 1 ARC per reviewer.
-- You can post your review to FF, your website, or anywhere else you want.
-- Posting on Amazon and at least one other (Goodreads, etc) required. Full details at Booksprout.
(US) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Z1HP8R9
(UK) https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lords-Deception-Christopher-C-Fuchs-ebook/dp/B07Z1HP8R9
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/48429400-lords-of-deception

Thanks for your interest!
Epic fantasy/adventure debut praised as "A top 5 novel of the year" by Liviu Suciul, former co-editor of Fantasy Book Critic (https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/3016003847).

Offline timpaulson

« Reply #417 on: February 03, 2020, 01:16:13 AM »
Fresh meat! Yes that's correct. Tim Paulson is here to have his debut novel torn to shreds... but gently, I have children. Also if I have to beg, that's fine. I'm good at that.

Name: Tim Paulson
Email: paulsonwriter@gmail.com
Website URL: paulsonwriter.com (yes it's bad, I'm working on it)
Novel Title: Path of Ruin
Genre: Fantasy (epic/adventure/a smidge of dark, but not too much or my mother sends me hate mail)
Length: 386 pages (120,000 words for the so inclined)
Format: epub/mobi/pdf - pretty much whatever you want.
Back Cover Blurb:

When machines run on human souls, cruelty is king.

Mia has spent her life seeking freedom from oppression, discrimination and human greed.
She's never questioned where the power of her weapons comes from or where her orders will lead her.
That's about to change.

Blacksmith Henri fled with his five year old son Adem to the frontier, desperate to hide his boy.
As an outsider and the son of a former slave, Henri has worked hard to win over their village.
Unfortunately this has given him little time to monitor his son who's powers are growing.

When the armies of Baron Halett and the Holy Ganex Empire clash, Henri's son becomes infected
by nineteen twisted souls. Mia and Henri must set off to cure the boy's affliction before
it eats him alive from the inside.

Set during an age of exploitation and plunder where ancient magic has been harnessed to power
renaissance era technology, Path of Ruin is a race against time. Swords & sorcery, witches & wizards, gunpowder, cannons, and great granite golems known as goliaths, await the reader
in this grand series.

How Many Copies Available for Reviewers: Lots. Let's start with a hundred. 100. Law of large numbers baby. At least one will be good right?

Stipulations: Zero. Be honest. That's all I ask. You're reading a book from a person you don't know with zero social proof. You are my hero.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 02:09:33 AM by timpaulson »

Offline DavidHambling

« Reply #418 on: February 05, 2020, 04:18:30 PM »

Name: David Hambling
Email: D_hambling  [at] Hotmail.com

Website URL: https://www.facebook.com/ShadowsFromNorwood/

Novel Title: War of the God Queen    (Age of monsters, book 1)

Genre: Fantasy (epic/adventure/a smidge of dark, but not too much or my mother sends me hate mail)
Length: 401 pages
Format: epub/mobi/pdf -
Back Cover Blurb:

Thrown back through time…
Jessica has only her wits.
Will she find a way to survive long enough to get back home?
She was fresh out of architecture school and ready to take the world by storm. She wasn’t prepared for what came next. An alien encounter that sent her falling through a portal into another world
Jessica’s plight looks hopeless -- she doesn't understand the language, the bronze-age culture, or even how to defend herself. She’s not a Connecticut Yankee and this is definitely not King Arthur’s court.
The locals are unimpressed.
What’s her next move?
Her only goal is to get back home, but Jessica has landed in the middle of something sinister: in the ancient near east, circa 1000 B.C., a war rages.
Can she stop an alien invasion through time?
She’ll need help, but who can she count on?
You’ll love this brilliant take on portal fiction, with twists and turns that are different than what you’ve grown to expect.

Offline hlwalsh

« Reply #419 on: February 11, 2020, 06:21:48 PM »
Name: H. L. Walsh
Email: h.l.walshauthor@gmail.com
Website URL: hlwalshbooks.net
Novel Title: From Men and Angels: Deliverance Trilogy: Book 1
Genre: High Fantasy
Length: 429 Pages
Format: Mobi, PDF, Epub (several other ebook formats if you have a preference)
Back Cover Blurb:

From the dawn of man, the war between Demons and Angels has ravaged the land. Two thousand years of peace has lulled the people into a false sense of security. Malach is on a journey to find his place in the world and pick a side in the war that is quickly approaching, meeting unlikely allies along the way.

How Many Copies Available for Reviewers: as many as needed
Stipulations: I really need Amazon reviews, so that's a requirement. Other than that, put it out wherever you would like as long as you let me know.