March 26, 2017, 02:25:07 AM

Author Topic: Want to Have Your Novel Reviewed?  (Read 66403 times)

Offline urukpress

Re: Want to Have Your Novel Reviewed?
« Reply #285 on: October 04, 2015, 07:48:41 PM »
Name: Victoria Arius
Email: urukpress@gmail.com
Website URL: https://urukpress.wordpress.com/
Novel Title: The Squab Fiends
Genre: Fantasy/Steampunk/Paranormal Romance
Length: 276 pages
Format: Ebook (mobi)

Back Cover Blurb: Elizabeth Herbert is as free as any woman can be in Victorian England. A widow with fortune, connections and an appetite for new experience, her search for her old lover John Maginn will lead her into adventures which stretch her credulity and sexuality. When two scientists pull Maginn from the side of a Channel steamship in 1862, he bears little resemblance to the man who left England seven years before. Exiled by his Herbert’s husband, left for dead on a battlefield in India and battling constant pain and an addiction to opium, it seems the fates have conspired to make his existence intolerable.

Damodar Rao has been raised to rule, every moment of his childhood and adolescence carefully controlled to prepare him for a great future. Arriving on English soil after his guardian disappears, a happy accident will open his eyes to becoming a prince among women, without violence or responsibility. Together the trio must keep transform themselves by rejecting their dark pasts and dependencies. Determined to take control of their destinies and using progress as their weapon against superstition, they discover that to be truly free, they must fight an elite occultist movement, while warring against their own desires.

A devilish blend of history and fantasy, The Squab Fiends is the debut novel from Victoria Arius. The adventures of Elizabeth, Maginn, Rao and the Lunar Society will continue in book two of the Bête Noire trilogy, The Demon Ape. Highly recommended for fans of the supernatural secret histories of Tim Powers, the steampunk Victoriana of Alan Moore and the Gothic romance of Edgar Allan Poe.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0161WJ18C/

How Many Copies Available for Reviewers: Copies currently available. I will update as they go.
Stipulations: Must review on Amazon or Goodreads but feel free to review anywhere else (such or here!). Do not share please.

PS My first post here but not my last!

« Reply #286 on: October 22, 2015, 08:03:44 AM »

Name: Brendan Murphy

Email: brenblade@hotmail.com

Website URL: hibernauts.com and brendanmurphyauthor.com

Novel Title: Beyond The Gloaming, Book I of Sebastian and the Hibernauts (Book II also available for review)
Genre:Epic fantasy
Length: 98,000 words
Format: kindle, epub, pdf

Back Cover Blurb: It is Easter, 1973 and twelve year old Sebastian Duffy has some serious self-esteem issues. He is beaten by his parents, bullied at school, steals from his friends and still mourning the death of his brother. To cap it all, strange things have begun happening around him and he is finding it hard to distinguish dreams from reality. After a nightmarish assault, he wakes in the Gloaming, a shadow world inhabited by ghosts. There to greet him is Porrig, a creature from Hibercadia, a magical realm crafted from Celtic dreams. Inhabited by Fir Bolg, Tuath and Milesians, it has been overthrown by brother gods from another dreamworld. One brother, Phobitor, is a tyrant and even the Tuath, who took to their underground sidhe millennia ago, are concerned. Sebastian discovers that he alone can save Hibercadia by finding an enchanted spear. Teaming up with the Hibernauts–a mercurial sorceress, an orphaned druidess, a taciturn warrior, a snuff-sniffing leprechaun and a lovelorn poet–he embarks on a fantastical quest, but can he succeed when he is yet to find his magical potential or even his courage, and half the realm is bent on his destruction?

How Many Copies Available for Reviewers: 30 free copies

Stipulations: Can post to anywhere as long as Amazon is included

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjPwHINgv1I
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 10:18:42 PM by brendan murphy »

« Reply #287 on: October 22, 2015, 08:07:19 AM »

Name: Brendan Murphy

Email: brenblade@hotmail.com

Website URL: hibernauts.com and brendanmurphyauthor.com

Novel Title: The Traitor's Trap, Book II of Sebastian and the Hibernauts (Book I also available for review)

Genre:Epic fantasy
Length: 75,000 words
Format: kindle, pdf

Back Cover Blurb: It’s tough being a thirteen-year old schoolboy, especially when you’re a coward and the big brother who stuck up for you is dead. Oh, and you’ve been thrust into a magical realm you’re expected to save single-handedly. Sebastian Duffy has to learn an awful lot of skills in a hurry if he is to defeat Phobitor by stealing the Spear of Lugh from the peace-loving Tuath. He’s been given some help of course–a mercurial sorceress, an orphaned druidess, a taciturn warrior, a snuff-sniffing leprechaun and a lovelorn poet– an outfit known as the Hibernauts, but can he really overcome a psychopathic warmongering god when half the realm is bent on his destruction? If he is to have the remotest chance he will have to do deal with aiia, cluricaun, brigands, woodwose, undead warriors, speckled bats, spies, hunkypunks, traitors, skeletons and battle-swine first. And are those Tuath really so peaceable? If only he could find his courage.

How Many Copies Available for Reviewers: 30 free copies

Stipulations: Can post to anywhere as long as Amazon is included

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjPwHINgv1I
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 10:18:16 PM by brendan murphy »

Offline Noein

• Seeker
  • The dreams, the demons, the writing
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 22, 2015, 10:55:02 PM »
Hello to everyone!
Recently I have published the english version of my novel. The original language of the novel was Italian but, with the help of a translator, I've created this "international" version. At this moment I have no english reviews about this book and I would like to have some.

Name: Cristiano Signorino
Email: cristiano.signorino@gmail.com
Website URL: https://www.facebook.com/G.Cristiano.Signorino (I still haven't a website)
Novel Title: Hybrid souls. The revelation
Genre: Urban fantasy/Dark fantasy
Length: 209 pages (estimated)
Format: Kindle
Back Cover Blurb:
"The shadows celebrated, quietly, the encounter between the girl and Gabriel. Some flickered with delight, others shivered with happiness. Human eyes observed that obscure dance without really paying attention to it. Few of them really understood what was going on and not everyone was happy about it"
How Many Copies Available for Reviewers: It's an ebook so it depends on how many people want to review it. I can send an ebook for each reviewer  :D
Stipulations: Well...Please don't share (or don't share too much) your copies. I accept both good and bad reviews. I think that a good review is a nice compliment but I also think that you can learn a lot from bad reviews (if these are constructive).

I greet you! I wish you good reading for those who want to read the novel.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 11:12:33 PM by Noein »

Offline GordonAtkins

« Reply #289 on: October 27, 2015, 05:10:21 PM »
Hi Guys

This is my first novel, and as yet I have had no reviews.

Name: Gordon Atkins
Email: gordonatkins@btinternet.com
Website URL: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001476078477
Novel Title: When Destinies Collide
Genre: Fantasy, with a pinch of Mystery for good measure.
Length: 342 pages
Format: .mobi (Kindle)
Back Cover Blurb:

The shred of parchment Richard Bymoor holds in his hands is tattered, worn, and centuries old. Such a little thing—but the thirty-four-year-old king of Driniri senses it has the potential to devastate kingdoms, especially when neighboring Raimar risks war by attempting to steal the relic.

Forced to confer with his estranged brother Markus, Richard and his trusted mentor William Coleburn discover the parchment piece is one of ten tied to an ancient power that could lay waste to Driniri. Raimar seeks this power—and is preparing for war.

Outmanned, Richard and Markus decide on a desperate course of action. While the Driniri army runs interference, a small strike force led by the brothers braves the unknown lands, flanking the Raimar forces in an attempt to assassinate the Raimar leader, Lord Gamil.

But something is lurking in the unknown lands, a force that could bring a swift end to the brothers’ quest. And even if they make their way to Gamil, the Raimar leader is heavily defended. To succeed, Richard and Markus must accomplish the impossible—or Driniri falls.

How Many Copies Available for Reviewers: N/A as its Digital.
Stipulations:You can post the review on Fantasy Faction, Goodreads, Amazon and your own personal site.

Honesty is always welcome in reviews.

Thanking you in advance.

Offline Davidjb

« Reply #290 on: October 31, 2015, 11:53:39 AM »
Anyone had any offers for reviews as a result of this thread? I am feeling very lonely!!
Author of Drachar's Demons, Legacy of the Eldric, Dragon Rider and Shadow of the Demon
The Prophecy of the Kings Saga
http://davidburrows.org.uk/

Offline CWSmith

« Reply #291 on: November 04, 2015, 09:03:04 AM »
Name: Cameron Wayne Smith
Email: bad_influence_camo@hotmail.com
Website URL: http://www.facebook.com/necrosanguin/
Novel Title: Necrosanguin: Amulet of Aesterus
Genre: Fantasy Action
Length: 70,000 words
Format: e-book
Back Cover Blurb: Prepare to embark upon an action packed journey with Caige Morland as he scours the land, the sky and the sea to find allies to save his hometown of Rocklaar. Despite praying to the god of strength, Granitus, for his friends and families safety, Necrominus has loosened her shackles.She is ready to return to the world as the god of darkness and death and has sent the kehrip horde to destroy Rocklaar.
How Many Copies Available for Reviewers: Unlimited, free for 24 hours.

Offline Michael R. Miller

« Reply #292 on: November 19, 2015, 09:32:41 PM »
Dear Reviewers,

The info for my book is as follows:

Name: Michael R. Miller
Email: michael@thedragonsblade.com
Website URL: http://thedragonsblade.com/
Novel Title: The Dragon's Blade: The Reborn King
Genre: Epic Fantasy / Sword & Sorcery
Length: 143K
Format: Paperback and Ebook
Back Cover Blurb:

Dragons once soared in the skies, but that was before the Transformation, before they took human form. Now, demonic forces stand to obliterate them. When left mortally wounded, Darnuir, the Prince of Dragons, can only be saved through a dangerous rebirthing spell. He is left as a babe in human hands.

Twenty years later, Darnuir is of age to wield the Dragon’s Blade. As the last member of his bloodline, he is the only one who can. He is plunged into a role he is not prepared for, to lead a people he does not know. Shadowy demons ravage his new home and the alliance between humans, dragons and fairies has fractured.

Time is short, for new threats and deadlier enemies are emerging…

How Many Copies Available for Reviewers: Subject to demand
Stipulations: Reviewers may post to Fantasy Faction and their own websites. Amazon reviews are also a welcome addition. I do not intend that genuine reviewers pay for their copy, however, if you live particularly far from the UK I may request that you take the ebook version.
Michael R. Miller

Offline FTMcKinstry

« Reply #293 on: November 20, 2015, 08:44:58 PM »
Hello! I've recently released a novel, first in a series, and am offering it up for reviews.

Name: F.T. McKinstry
Email: faith[b]@[url=http://fantasy-faction.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=40863]FTMcKinstry[/url][/b].com
Website URL: http://ftmckinstry.com/2015/02/08/outpost/
Novel Title: Outpost
Genre: Fantasy
Length: 350 pages
Format: epub, mobi, pdf
Back Cover Blurb:

Nine thousand suns ago, a race of immortal warriors came from the stars through a rare alignment and stepped onto the world of Math, a perfect place for a backwater outpost from which to fight their ancient war. The realm they claimed came to be known as Dyrregin, Gateway of the Gods.

They call themselves the Fylking. Unseen by all save those sensitive to the Otherworld, the Fylking taught seers to build and ward over the Gate, an interdimensional portal spanning the realm like a sigil shining on the surface of the world. The Fylking’s enemies, pitiless beings who think nothing of annihilating a world to gain even a small advantage, are bent on destroying it. They succeeded once, leaving Dyrregin in abandoned desolation for a thousand suns.

Twelve centuries have passed since the Fylking returned. Dyrregin is at war. Seers are disappearing and their immortal guardians are blind, deceived by their own kind. A Gate warden with a tormented past discovers a warlock using Fylking magic to gather an army of warriors that cannot die. A King’s ranger who defends the wilds of the realm is snared in a political trap that forces him to choose between love and honor. And a knitter touched by the gods catches the eye of a dark immortal warrior with no name and the power to summon storms.

Bound by synchronicity, these three mortals are drawn into a maelstrom of murder, treachery, sorcery and war, fertile ground for both their personal demons and those of their immortal masters. When they uncover the source of the rising darkness, they must rally to protect the Gate against a plot that will violate the balance of cosmos, destroy the Fylking and leave the world of Math in ruins.

How Many Copies Available for Reviewers: However many...
Stipulations: Feel free to copy review on Amazon (US and UK), Goodreads, Smashwords and Fantasy Faction. :)

Here's a sample, if you'd like to test the waters: https://www.goodreads.com/reader/71574-outpost?return_to=%2Fbook%2Fshow%2F26047906-outpost

Thanks!
Author. Artist. Recluse. Cat worshipper and old-school fantasy geek. Call me Faith.

Offline shayroberts

« Reply #294 on: November 22, 2015, 02:15:31 AM »
If you like vampires and you're looking for a good read, I'd be pleased to send you a free, advance review copy of this upcoming book...

Name: Shay Roberts

Email: shay@shayroberts.com

Website URL: http://shayroberts.com

Novel Title: Heartblaze

Genre: Paranormal Fantasy

Length: 282 pages

Format: eBook

Back Cover Blurb:

In your past life you were a legendary figure in a passionate relationship with a vampire. Now your enemies from that past have found you, determined to make you pay a terrible price for a life you lived more than 200 years ago!

EMMA RUE is an eager college freshman. For reasons she cannot understand, she attacks her professor in front of her stunned classmates. Desperate for answers, Emma goes to a psychiatrist who uses hypnotic regression to explore her troubled childhood. But when the regression goes too far, back into her past life, a remarkable revelation emerges that shatters Emma’s world. Suddenly on the run from powerful forces, Emma seeks out a shadowy figure from her past life…

JULIAN ST. FLEUR, the 18th-century vampire who transformed Emma’s soul. The beautiful and enigmatic Julian holds the key to Emma’s past, but will he help her? Two hundred years of loneliness have twisted him into a wicked creature and his reunion with Emma is unlike anything she had ever imagined. As Julian draws Emma into his heinous world, her only salvation may be…

STEFAN HILDEBRAND, a werewolf with legendary combat skills who is posing as a fellow student. Stefan’s feelings for Emma are real, but his powerful masters have ordered him to kill her! As the mystery of Emma’s past unravels, Stefan must make a choice, sacrifice Emma or listen to his heart.

How Many Copies Available for Reviewers: 5

Stipulations: Free review copy. Post review anywhere, but please include Amazon and/or Goodreads. DRM-free. Feel free to pass book on to another reviewer. Thanks!

Offline hchoate

« Reply #295 on: December 02, 2015, 08:54:27 PM »
Name: Heather Choate
Email: hchoateauthor@gmail.com
Website URL: www.heatherchoate.com
Novel Title: Fire and Ash: Epic Fantasy Adventure (Jonas Flash Chronicles Book 2)
Genre: Fantasy / Middlegrade genre
Length: 143 pages
Format: ebook
Back Cover Blurb:

Jonas Flash Chronicles: Book Two Fire and Ash

A volcanic wasteland. Riverfiends that ooze flesh-burning acid. A trapped girl and one determined brother.
Things aren’t getting better for Jonas at home. His parents are still separated and his mom wants to keep Emma in day care. Jonas will do anything to get her out, including giving up his summer break so he can take care of her. But will it be enough to convince his parents?
Faced with uncertainty, Jonas plunges into his fantasy world where Emma must resist the mind tricks of madman shaman, Demir, while he fights his way across treacherous lands to face the greatest foe of the four kingdoms to rescue her. Shocking truths are discovered as past weaves with present to challenge the siblings more than ever before.
In this second book of the Jonas Flash Chronicles, reality and fantasy combine in an epic adventure of action, suspense, mystery and loyalty that will leave readers breathless.

How Many Copies Available for Reviewers: Depends on demand
Stipulations: Honest reviews on Amazon, free book for review

Offline cherring

« Reply #296 on: December 02, 2015, 10:38:38 PM »
Thanks for this. Please see info below. {{claudia}}

So, your book is published, but you don't have many reviews. You've got the blurbs that other authors have stamped on to your cover, but that's about the extent of it.

If you're looking for people to review your novel, go no further! This thread is the perfect place to look for folks willing to read and review your book. Take the information below, reply to this thread, and someone will contact you if they're interested. You can then edit your post later on, and let people know if you run out of copies for review, or if you have new books releasing soon.

Name: Claudia Herring
Email: ch@claudiaherring.com
Website URL: http://www.claudiaherring.com
Novel Title: His Master's Bride: A Novel of the Djinn Chronicles
Genre: Fantasy
Length: 374 pages
Format: Print or Kindle ebook
Back Cover Blurb:
If she doesn’t believe you truly exist, will she risk
everything to save you?

A troubled djinni seduces his master’s young wife,
forcing her to make a fateful choice.

The djinni Yasir, imprisoned in an urn by a jealous magician, searches the centuries for his lost love. He finds Lavinia reborn in 1811 England, only to discover she’s his new master’s bride.

Desperate to have her, Yasir spell-casts Lavinia’s husband to forget he is master and give her the urn. When she opens the ancient vessel, Yasir emerges, terrifying in his magnificence yet somehow familiar, but she fails to recognize him. She distrusts this djinni even though his very presence enchants her.

Yasir’s spell is fading. Lavinia’s husband has changed. Now he’s violent as he struggles with returning memories of when he possessed the urn. Lavinia strives to keep the two from encountering one another, while torn between fidelity for her husband and her increasing attraction to the djinni.

Impatient to win Lavinia’s confidence, Yasir must convince her of her true identity so they can reclaim their life together. He dare not reveal a deeper reason: Only with Lavinia can he regain his freedom and exact revenge on the magician who confined him to the urn—
If she does not go mad from the spell to awaken her memories.

If her husband does not escape the djinni’s magic and discover her secret.

If the magician does not find them first.

•••REVIEW•••
Claudia Herring’s debut novel reminds us that reading should carry us away to adventure in interesting times and places. Deftly, and with a confidence borne of deep knowledge of her story world, Herring weaves an enchanting tale of forbidden love and ancient magic . . . with vividly drawn characters, excellent pacing and surprises at every turn. Readers will close this book wanting more.

—   Chris Rogers, Internationally Published Author,
Speaker, Instructor

How Many Copies Available for Reviewers: Fair amount, depends on when they contact me

Stipulations: Check it out on amazon.com (look inside this book) and see if it's your kind of book: http://tinyurl.com/mg83vjj
Would love reviews on Amazon and, if they want, on the Fantasy-Faction website (with link to amazon site). Also OK on their own personal site with a link to the amazon site.
(By "Stipulations" we mean things like: Are the reviewers allowed to post the review to the Fantasy-Faction website? To their own personal site? To Amazon.Com? Can they pass their copy of your novel onto another reviewer? Do you require the reviewer to pay for the copy?)

If I've missed anything, feel free to add it to your post. Good luck finding a reviewer!

Offline hchoate

« Reply #297 on: December 05, 2015, 10:45:47 PM »

Name: Heather Choate
Email: hchoateauthor@gmail.com
Website URL: www.heatherchoate.com
Novel Title: Origin: Science Fiction Dystopian (Swab Book 2)
Genre: Young Adult Dystopian
Length: 222 pages
Back Cover Blurb:

What if the fate of an entire world rested in your hands? What if you were chosen to be the queen of the most powerful being in the universe? What if you didn’t ask for either?

Cat has become a swab and has since, lost the love of her human boyfriend, Ray. Desperate to prove to him she is still human at heart, she goes on a mad quest to challenge the most powerful swab in America and rescue the captured human children. But the cost she must pay to free them is her own freedom. Now, Cat finds herself under the power of the Father of Lights at the Origin planet in a strange world facing decisions with consequences she can’t begin to imagine.

The explosive Swab series continues with this heart-pounding sequel. Perfect for fans of The Hunger Games, Falling Skies and Divergent, Origin is the gripping story of a fresh dystopian/sci-fi world that explores the power of choice over destiny and the decision to love despite differences.

How Many Copies Available for Reviewers: Depends on demand.

Stipulations: Would love to read your honest review on Amazon.com :)

Thank you!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 09:22:26 PM by hchoate »

Offline Kathy Bryson

My latest leprechaun story - Fighting Mad - is now available!
« Reply #298 on: December 19, 2015, 01:03:41 AM »
Name: Kathy Bryson
Email: kathybrys@gmail.com
Website URL: https://kathybryson.wordpress.com/
Novel Title: Origin: Fighting Mad
Genre: Fantasy Romance
Length: 249 pages
Back Cover Blurb:

We met the Queen of the Fairies in Feeling Lucky, met the King in Restless Spirits, and now the two are headed to war!

Laid off from her job at the bank, Carla turns to her friends for support only to find they’re more concerned about their jobs. The one person she can count on is local bartender Murphy, but what kind of example is that to set for her daughters? Having learned the hard way, Carla’s not depending on any man, even if he is cute, charming, very kind, and some kind of leprechaun?

Murphy is used to sneers. Clurichauns are the redheaded stepchildren of the leprechaun world and then there are the late-night throw-downs at his bar. What he wants, however, is to protect the dainty little mom who ogles him when she thinks no one’s looking. He knows she’s fighting overwhelming odds, but she’ll need more than bravery when the conflict between the King and Queen of the Fairies becomes outright civil war!

How Many Copies Available for Reviewers: As many as requested - just email me

Stipulations: Would love to read your honest review on Amazon, Goodread, your blog, Xmas card list - the world needs to know the truth about leprechauns and who's really controlling the world's finances!

Offline SimonKewin

« Reply #299 on: January 06, 2016, 01:51:09 PM »
Hi,

Many thanks for the offer - my book's details are as follows should anyone like to review:

Name: Simon Kewin
Email: simon@SimonKewin.co.uk
Website URL: http://simonkewin.co.uk/clovenland
Novel Title: Hedge Witch (The Cloven Land #1)
Genre: Urban/high fantasy
Length: 225 pages
Format: All electronic formats

Back Cover Blurb:
Two worlds, one nightmare...

Fifteen year-old Cait Weerd has no idea she's being sought by the undain: sorcerous creatures that feed off the spirit of the living. She doesn't know they need her blood to survive. She doesn't even know she's a witch, descended from a long line of witches. Cait Weerd doesn't know a lot, really, but all that's about to change.

At Manchester Central Library she's caught up in sudden violence. In the chaos she's given an old book that's been hidden there. Given it and told to run. Hide the book or destroy it. The book contains all the secrets of the undains' existence. They and their human servants want to find it as much as they want to find her.

Cait learns the fates of two worlds are at stake. Just what she needs. Along with definitely-not-a-boyfriend Danny, she has to decide what the hell to do. Run, fight or hope it all goes away.

It's only then she learns who she really is, along with the terrible truth of what the undain have been doing in our world all this time...

How Many Copies Available for Reviewers: As many electronic copies as required; I also have two print copies available for review, which I'm happy to send.
Stipulations: None - reviewers are free to pass the book around and post where they like! Reviews on Fantasy Faction or Amazon are always very nice...

Many thanks,

Simon Kewin.