December 16, 2019, 05:29:23 AM

Author Topic: The Swordsman’s Lament is on a Kindle Countdown Deal until November 16th  (Read 142 times)

Offline GMWhite

I’ve been a member of the Fantasy Faction Facebook group for a long time, this is my first venture onto the forums. I want to let you all know that my novel, The Swordsman’s Lament, is currently on a Kindle Countdown Deal in the US and UK, priced at 99c/99p until the end of the day on Saturday.

Amazon US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VFXJJFJ
Amazon UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07VFXJJFJ

————

The Swordsman’s Lament

When a prince is murdered, a legendary swordsman stands accused.

The King wants blood . . .

and loyalty counts for nothing.

Belasko thought he was beyond intrigues and machinations. But when the grief-stricken King demands vengeance, Belasko discovers he is expendable. His options are clear... find the real killer or satisfy the royal bloodlust.

With the forces of the palace mobilised against him he is thrust into the city’s bleak underbelly and must fight to discover the truth. With betrayal around every corner he must form unlikely alliances. Can the veteran warrior survive long enough to protect his friends and prove his innocence?

Join Belasko on a fast-paced fantasy adventure as he hunts the real killer, from courtly intrigue to the depths of the city’s criminal underworld, and learns the true meaning of The Swordsman’s Lament.

————

Praise for The Swordsman’s Lament:

“...rollicking, swashbuckling fun. Belasko is Ned Stark meets Inigo Montoya.” - Julian Barr, author of the Ashes of Olympus series and Tooth and Blade series

Some reviews from the UK Amazon store (see here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/reviews/1916179916/ref=cm_cr_dp_mb_top?ie=UTF8:

“A very promising first novel which left me intrigued about future stories in this gritty setting. To quote Obi-Wan, "you've taken your first step into a wider world". Belasko is an intriguing and engaging character and the story almost feels like a swashbuckling film noir. The writing conjures up quite cinematic visuals, which again, leaves me anticipating further adventures to come!”

“A great first book, well-written with intriguing twists and turns! This genre isn't usually my first choice but I think I'm a convert! Hoping that there will be more adventures with Belasko before too long!”

“Thrills, spills, and of course assassinations, what more could you possibly want! Would happily recommend for any fans of David Eddings, David Gemmell, etc.”

“The characters in the book really came alive and formed pictures in your head.A really good story expertly told . A ripping good page turner.”

“Really great read - well written, gripping plot and fab characters! Looking forward to the next one...”

“I thoroughly enjoyed GM White's debut novel. The main character is fascinating and you really feel for a man who is past his prime but still at the top of his game. As his human nature and frailty start to overshadow his legend, he really starts to struggle to make peace with his place in the world all while the family of friends and colleagues that he has built-in lieu of his own prove just as complex and fragile as he is.

With a raft of great supporting characters (Some of who I REALLY need to see more of in sequels) and a well-realized city and political world i really hope that GM White is happily putting pen to paper.”

“I really enjoyed this book. It was a good swashbuckling romp. The lead character, Belasko, made me think of Sirio Forrell from Game of Thrones. The world is well imagined, and the story written with humour.”