March 19, 2019, 09:24:28 PM

Author Topic: Charity Horror Anthology on Sale Feb 8-12  (Read 869 times)

Offline J.R. Darewood

• aka Duckly Breadgood
  • Writing Group
  • Master Namer
  • Zork. And it was all downhill from there.
    • View Profile
    • Nerd Empire
Charity Horror Anthology on Sale Feb 8-12
« on: February 06, 2016, 11:52:11 PM »
I know, right? Charity and horror look kind of odd together, but trust me, it makes sense.

My short story "The Killer 10" appears in an anthology with everything from baby-eating demons to, well, my story about a dude who really has to take a shit while a serial killer's on the loose. It's... er... at the very end.  Seriously, it's the very last frigging story. WTF.

Anyway, the cause is fantastic-- ALL of our proceeds go to an organization that helps homeless people in all sorts of ways, from getting shelter, to jobs to (most importantly) mental health services. That last part is really rare-- the most difficult to reach homeless people are the mentally ill, and few organizations are willing to engage with the most vulnerable people of all.

At any rate, it's on SALE from Feb 8-12 for just $0.99.  So get it while it's on sale!  Or get it when it's *not* on sale to give an even larger donation to our charity.

AMAZON: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B017A6XEDQ

« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 12:06:37 AM by Bradley Darewood »

Offline J.R. Darewood

• aka Duckly Breadgood
  • Writing Group
  • Master Namer
    • View Profile
    • Nerd Empire
Re: Charity Horror Anthology on Sale Feb 8-12
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2016, 12:07:38 AM »
oops, edited to include the links and the cover... I knew I was forgetting something!  I suck at this promotion stuff. Noooooo idea how to go about it.  Any tips in that respect are of course welcome!

Offline Lady Ty

• Blessed River Lady and Defender of Baby Dragons
  • Ta'veren
  • So-Old-That-She-Can-Nearly-Be-Called-Oldest-Ty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2016, 01:21:43 AM »
Done with pleasure, but we never get the bargains so hopefully more money for your cause.

Not my usual reading fare, bit of a scaredy cat, but will read your story at least then pass on to more appreciative member of the family.  :D  Very happy to support help for the homeless.

Edited to add, six hours later -Hey, Bradley - I read your story first, it is scary as hell and totally shitty. This collection ends with one of the best.The rest of you will have to read it to know why I am so mean. Despite never choosing to read horror, spent the rest of the day finishing the whole book.

Well varied package of fourteen scary stories and five creepy poems, that is a terrific bargain.  If you are lucky enough to be able to buy at the special price Bradley quoted, snap it up fast, you won't regret it and even if you pay more it is worthwhile.

Horror doesn't need to be graphic to give you the chills and some of the situations are frighteningly familiar - or so they seem at the start. Glad I no longer need to catch a Night Bus, as I once did after work.

Thanks Bradley that was a top Sunday arvo entertainment. Now need to go for a walk to ease my conscience after that long indulgent read.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 07:14:04 AM by Lady_Ty »
“This is the problem with even lesser demons. They come to your doorstep in velvet coats and polished shoes. They tip their hats and smile and demonstrate good table manners. They never show you their tails.” 
Leigh Bardugo, The Language of Thorns: Midnight Tales and Dangerous Magic

Offline J.R. Darewood

• aka Duckly Breadgood
  • Writing Group
  • Master Namer
    • View Profile
    • Nerd Empire
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2016, 10:07:41 AM »

Done with pleasure, but we never get the bargains so hopefully more money for your cause.

Not my usual reading fare, bit of a scaredy cat, but will read your story at least then pass on to more appreciative member of the family.  :D  Very happy to support help for the homeless.

Edited to add, six hours later -Hey, Bradley - I read your story first, it is scary as hell and totally shitty. This collection ends with one of the best.The rest of you will have to read it to know why I am so mean. Despite never choosing to read horror, spent the rest of the day finishing the whole book.

Well varied package of fourteen scary stories and five creepy poems, that is a terrific bargain.  If you are lucky enough to be able to buy at the special price Bradley quoted, snap it up fast, you won't regret it and even if you pay more it is worthwhile.

Horror doesn't need to be graphic to give you the chills and some of the situations are frighteningly familiar - or so they seem at the start. Glad I no longer need to catch a Night Bus, as I once did after work.

Thanks Bradley that was a top Sunday arvo entertainment. Now need to go for a walk to ease my conscience after that long indulgent read.

Wow!!! Thanks for the kind review!!! I'm glad you liked my toilet humor :) :)

We actually don't have any reviews on Amazon yet (hint hint!), so if you feel like putting some of your thoughts on Amazon, that would seriously kick ass!

The sale starts-- er, started-- yesterday!

Offline J.R. Darewood

• aka Duckly Breadgood
  • Writing Group
  • Master Namer
    • View Profile
    • Nerd Empire
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 10:09:11 AM »
The sale is going on for one more day but the book will still be available at normal price when it's over of course!