September 27, 2020, 10:32:28 AM

Author Topic: Want to Have Your Novel Reviewed?  (Read 132522 times)

Offline David A. Werling

Re: Want to Have Your Novel Reviewed?
« Reply #435 on: July 25, 2020, 02:40:23 PM »
Name: David A. Werling

Email: davidwerlingswc@gmail.com

Website URL: I don't have one. I hate the internet. However, you can check out my goodreads Author page:
https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/20523926.David_A_Werling
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08CD6K7VL
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08CFSNBNT

Novel Title: Dragon Slayer's Kingdom, The Healer and the Crow

Genre: Fantasy/Romance

Length: 257 pages

Format: Available in ebook, but I would be happy to send a free paperback if anyone is interested.

Back Cover Blurb:

The wondrous world of Prav is torn between the machinations of the evil goddess Morfraeda, with her legions of demons and monsters, and the pernicious gods of Yav. It is world plagued by the malice of dragons, insatiable magical beasts, and the schemes of the avaricious and prideful. Goblins prowl in the wilds, secret societies vie for supremacy, and dragons struggle to reclaim their lost dominion over the mortals they hate. An unlikely duo, an assassin and her mark, are forced to confront nefarious political schemes, magical beasts, dark elves, and a nine-year-old girl who could outwit them both, in order to liberate a cursed land from the clutches of the evil dragon, Azhdaya. Tiahna de Ru’el is a hardened killer, long grown callus to an uncaring and ugly world in which the only things that matter are coin and survival. Cedrick Devoncrow is a dragon slayer, torn between the nobility demanded by his order and the birthright he secretly desires. Forsaken by the gods, Cedrick returns to his home and birthright only to find it cursed and abandoned as though it were a mirror of his very soul. Tiahna waits in plain sight to kill him, but her heart desires something else entirely. Together can they overcome the destructive habits of their hearts to find love and nobility despite their mortal foibles, or will Cedrick’s childhood home be swallowed by the abyss of hell?

How Many Copies Available for Reviewers: I will order author copies upon request.

Stipulations: This is the first novel I've ever written, so not sure how all this works. If you have any suggestions for me, please send me message. Thanks!
“Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted.”

Dragon Slayer's Kingdom, available in ebook or paperback

Offline NinjaRaptor

« Reply #436 on: August 18, 2020, 08:54:03 PM »
Name: Brandon S. Pilcher
Email: brandonspilcher@gmail.com
Website URL: brandonpilchersart.com
Novel Title: The Sultan of Finback Isle
Genre: Spy Thriller/Adventure
Length: 78 pages
Format: Kindle eBook
Back Cover Blurb:
Having broken off from the other continents two hundred and sixty million years ago, the landmass known as Finback Isle has protected a unique ecosystem in the equatorial Pacific older than the dinosaurs themselves. Only a near-extinct nation of Polynesian settlers, followed by the crew of Ferdinand Magellan in 1520, have ever set foot on the island within the annals of human history.

And then Ibrahim Fawal, a native of Casablanca turned controversial new Chief of Police in Los Angeles, decided to establish his private winter getaway there.

Enter Abdullah and Monique Kalua, a daring husband-and-wife team of FBI agents sent to investigate the LAPD’s accelerated record of corruption and brutality under Fawal’s leadership, including the shooting of Monique’s own brother. Their mission is to penetrate Fawal’s secret lair and bring him to justice.

Not only must they brave treacherous jungle littered with Polynesian ruins and teeming with beasts from the late Paleozoic Era, but they must also contend with the armed officers of one of the most vicious men ever to head the police of Los Angeles…the Sultan of Finback Isle!

How Many Copies Available for Reviewers: It's digital, so N/A
Stipulations: Be sure to leave your review on Amazon.com!
NEW self-published anthology:
Dinosaurs & Dames

Offline Bender

« Reply #437 on: August 18, 2020, 09:33:16 PM »
That sounds something for James Bond!  ;)
"I shall hunt your firstborn children and laugh with glee as I tell them of your death in terrible detail, with many unpleasant adjectives!" - M-Bot

"Who needs science when you have a dragon?" - Neil DeGrasse Tyson in Sharknado 6

Offline CMRedding

« Reply #438 on: September 01, 2020, 12:38:17 AM »
Name: Charles McLean Redding
Email: thefirethievesstudio@gmail.com
Website URL: thefirethievesstudio.com
Novel Title: The Guardian of Taihar
Genre: Fantasy/Horror
Length: 131 pages/25,00 Words Novella
Format: Paperback. Ebook Coming soon, but happy to send a hard copy, or email a PDF.
Back Cover Blurb:“The village of Jin Si has never known true fear, for they are protected by their mighty Guardian. Yet two dangerous travelers will change all that; holding secrets, and drawing terror in their wake.
Faced with real conflict, how can the village uphold their peaceful values? Especially when, in the coming battle– even the Guardian beast may not be strong enough to defend them.“
How Many Copies Available for Reviewers: 10 at least
Stipulations: Post reviews anywhere, as long as you hit Amazon and maybe Goodreads :) I'd love for you to pass the book along to other reviewers.

Offline LyraWolf

« Reply #439 on: September 03, 2020, 03:09:52 PM »
Name: Lyra Wolf
Email: lyrawolfauthor@gmail.com
Website URL: http://www.lyrawolf.com
Novel Title: Truth and Other Lies (The Nine World Chronicles, Book 1)
Genre: Mythic/Epic Fantasy/Adventure
Length: 338 pgs
Format: ebook (mobi or epub)

Back Cover Blurb:

The Destroyer is coming to Asgard. All will fall. All will burn…

Loki thrives on danger, but when he’s struck by a painful vision of ash and death he knows his fun has run out. The Destroyer is real and isn’t taking prisoners.

Refusing to have his life obliterated by some stuffy prophecy, all Loki wants is to save Asgard. But the gods stand in his way. They don’t trust the “Trickster.”

To prove himself, he must return to the side of the man he wanted to forget. Odin, his blood brother and a first rate con.

When he meets a mortal woman, his plans hit a snag.

Sigyn is delightfully stubborn and quick with a blade. She also, inexplicably, possesses a divine element found only in a god.

As Loki falls for her, he never expects it to fulfill the prophecy threatening all their lives. 

Forced to choose between betraying Odin and protecting the woman he loves, Loki must face all he never wanted.

...But the truth changes everything.

How Many Copies Available for Reviewers: 10

Stipulations: None. Reviews can be posted anywhere, as long as they are also posted on Amazon and Goodreads. :)

Offline TDevens

« Reply #440 on: September 07, 2020, 09:51:27 PM »
Name: Thomas J Devens
Email: fallofemros@gmail.com
Website URL: (not sure which will be most useful so here's all of them)
https://fallofemros.blogspot.com/
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08D8VTC6S
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/54632243-stone-shield
Novel Title: Stone & Shield
Genre: Epic Fantasy (bordering on Grimdark)
Length: ~103,000 words
Format: Paperback and Kindle
Back Cover Blurb:
"The Emperor is dead. His son now inherits the throne to the Emrosian Empire and he dreams of greatness.

The mercenaries of the Stone and the Shield have fulfilled their contract in the southern deserts of Ahnvesh. Now they must begin their journey to the imperial capital of Emros City to be paid. A long march and an odd job stand between them, a hefty payment, and possible retirement. But as they march, the Empire they thought they knew is changing.

In the far west the Councilors of Guilion seek answers to their own problems, and those that would effect the future of the world. Their source of power nears its end, their ties to the Empire are failing. Now, they must decide which part of their world matters most."

How Many Copies Available for Reviewers: 5(paperback) 10 (kindle)
Stipulations: Reviews can be posted wherever the reviewer prefers, but getting a few up on Amazon and/or Goodreads would be appreciated

Thanks! Hope it catches some of y'all's interest

Offline ainochuu

« Reply #441 on: September 16, 2020, 09:47:22 AM »
Name: Aino Lahteva
Email: ainochuu@gmail.com
Website URL: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08GS8XNQ6
(https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08GS8XNQ6)
Novel Title: Strands of Existence 1: Island Girl
Genre: Fantasy (high/epic, with romance woven in the mix)
Length: about 400 pages / 114 000 words
Format: ebook

Back Cover Blurb:
As an opportunist, Istrae yearns to get off her home island and visit Kerth, the City of Light and Abundance. Her preferred method of travel, however, didn’t include drowning. And she didn’t expect the City to be so dirty. Her memories are as broken as her body. She begins to piece them together with the help of a spirit bound to a statue and an ambitious army captain called Rime she enjoys teasing. As Rime guides Istrae in her new life, it becomes evident the rigid rules of society and the City’s Temple do not welcome those who seek to shake the established rules, which is something Istrae is incapable of resisting.

How Many Copies Available for Reviewers: I'll gift ebooks to interested people via Amazon, so no limit for now.

Stipulations: I'm looking to get reviews on Amazon, but you are free to publish the review somewhere else as well. It's your text and opinion. You can lend the ebook to a friend for a limited time if Kindle lets you (it should as I haven't put any restrictions in).

Also, just to be upfront. I'm not a native English speaker, so please check the preview on Amazon to decide if you want to take me up on the offer. I studied English translation in Uni (and it's my current profession). Still, I thought it would be fair to mention it. If you check the Amazon UK store, you can see one review there already if that helps you to decide whether you want to try your luck with fantasy written by a Finnish person  ;D

« Reply #442 on: September 21, 2020, 04:00:21 PM »

Name: M. A. Hunt
Email: michael.planb@gmail.com
Website URL: (Book) https://www.runnerssyndicate.com/
Amazon eBook:https://www.amazon.co.uk/Runners-Sins-Lovers-Tales-Syndicate-ebook/dp/B08HX32S2Y/
GoodReads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/55140548-runners
Booksprout Readers: https://booksprout.co/arc/46564/runners-sins-and-lovers

Novel Title: Runners: Sins and Lovers
Genre: Urban Fantasy/Horror/GameLit
Length: 95K Words / 330 Pages
Format: Kindle MOBI    (Paperback due on 24th Sep 2020)

Back Cover Blurb:
"Runners want money. Players want power. Demons want souls.

Beneath New York City’s streets, the Runners’ Syndicate lures the unwary to run for cash in virtual reality environments, satisfying everyone’s desires.

One month into his contract, Victor falls for fellow Runner, Victoria. He needs money but can’t recall why, and Victoria wants a new life of financial freedom. They support each other through their trials, but people from Victor’s past bring chaos to their harmony.

Capricious Players control the virtual worlds to assist or torment the Runners. Meanwhile, the Syndicate’s imperious avatar presides over every move and offers temptations to lure the Runners into transgressions.

As his life unravels, Victor witnesses the horrifying ordeal of a roommate’s Harvesting. With no obvious means of escape, can he and Victoria outsmart the avatar to avoid the ultimate fate?"

How Many Copies Available for Reviewers: 20 via Booksprout, 20 direct from me
Stipulations: Reviews can be posted wherever the reviewer prefers, but getting a few up on Amazon and/or Goodreads would be appreciated

Thanks for your interest!
This is the first in a series, and I hope you find it entertaining.

PS Free Novelette (Players) on the Runners Syndicate website

Offline EL_Ward

« Reply #443 on: Today at 03:27:55 AM »
Name: E. L. Ward
Email: lukeward1989@icloud.com
Website URL: N/A (still need one, I guess)
Novel Title: The Chocolate Prophecy
Genre: Epic Fantasy (some self-conscious parody styling)
Length: 654 pages
Format: E-book and Paperback
Back Cover Blurb:

Enter the life of Jek - a humble lighthouse steward scratching out a living on the southern coast of Jast-Madiir. Along with his wife (whose name is Aaliyah… or was it Audrey?), Jek must daily meet the expectations of an iron-fisted dictatorship, a global dragon-Inquisition, and a clerical order of flying jellyfish-like creatures churning out new surveys at a dizzying pace. All-in-all, a fairly predictable tedium. But when any little demerit on his next inspection could cost him his life, it can be hard sometimes to keep from stressing out...

Of course, if Jek knew half the things at play just beyond his sleepy shores, he would be very stressed indeed. Neighboring Tophthaera is reeling under the Twin Queens’ civil war. To the north, insurrection threatens to claim the island of Maenea for the cause of “Free-Dome” – a very strange and unsettling new ideology. Even the stable nations must decide how to deal with the recent, accidental discovery of magic. And all the while, the threat of Onyxadon’s inevitable return clouds every counsel. Only the strength and wisdom of the Grand Inquisitor would seem adequate to avail against these many calamities. But he has been dormant for seventy-five years now...

Jek is, at best, dimly aware of such things… and perhaps better suited than anyone to be an ineffectual bystander anyway. But those luxuries are burst quite suddenly when he meets a crotchety old sailor man, only to be swept into a hair-brained Noble Quest to find the Knights of the Indigo Lodge, expose a secret Doom Fleet, and unravel the dreaded mystery of Proconsul Zedulon’s infamous “Chocolate Prophecy.”

How Many Copies Available for Reviewers: None currently; should have some paperback copies available in about a week; e-book goes for $1.99 on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08H1CMDFC?ref_=dbs_m_mng_rwt_calw_tkin_0&storeType=ebooks

Stipulations: Written at a fairly high reading level, but no content advisory material besides good-old-fashioned violence. I know it's really long, but there are dividends attached to that. It may be part of a larger series, but I didn't leave the first volume without a big finish.
« Last Edit: Today at 05:12:05 AM by EL_Ward »