September 23, 2018, 11:09:10 PM

Author Topic: Barnes and Noble will now allow self-pub books in their stores  (Read 1323 times)

Offline Russ

Barnes and Noble is starting a program that will allow successful self published books to be sold in their stores and participate in store events. I was speaking to the chap in charge of this program and they seem quite committed to it. This could be great for successful self-pub authors. Now we just have to hope Barnes and Nobles survives long enough to enjoy it. It will also be interesting to see how Amazon responds.

http://www.digitalbookworld.com/2016/barnes-noble-launches-nook-press-self-publishing-platform/

Offline Ray McCarthy

Re: Barnes and Noble will now allow self-pub books in their stores
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 10:01:43 AM »
Sounds a bit like Amazon KDP adding "paperback" creation to the dashboard, even though paperback via CreateSpace was always accepted and Amazon own CreateSpace.
I've sold on Barnes & Noble eBook platform (and Apple iBooks) via Smashwords automatic Distribution. About 1/4 my sales are via Smashwords (or the retailers they distribute to) and 3/4 on Amazon. None on Google Play Store yet, but I only figured how to get on that last month. It's closed to "new publishers" so you have to find a friend with a Google Publisher account. Unlike Smashwords, Nook, Amazon, the Google "publisher accounts" are designed for multiple users.

Offline Onisaki

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2017, 07:47:27 AM »
I like your information a lot.

Offline C.Newman

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2018, 08:28:40 PM »
Interestingly enough, most shops and online book retailers buy through the same few wholesalers (ie: Bertram Books, Gardiners etc), now these wholesalers will list any books that are available on Nielsens database (At least in the UK and Europe, not sure about US). Its a bit of effort, sending emails, chasing up etc, but getting yourself listen on Nielsens lets book stores stock you even if you Amazon published or other self publishing platforms. Gardiners even have a special application once you are listed that lets you apply to be stocked by Waterstones in UK and Ireland.

Offline Ysdsogina

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2018, 06:21:22 AM »
These data are considered to be the information I'm looking for.