December 15, 2018, 02:34:52 AM

Author Topic: Banished Disciple’s Counterattack - Novel  (Read 738 times)

Offline JOY482

Banished Disciple’s Counterattack - Novel
« on: October 14, 2018, 05:22:16 AM »

Hello guys, I'm new here if there's any mistake or grammar spelling error please inbox me I'll edit it.

Translator note, I'll upload 5-7 chapters, Friday - Sunday I'm running my own business (busy) so I should not be uploading any.

Synopsis: As a loyal disciple, Ye Chen tries all his best to guard the spiritual medicine for his sect, but has his elixir field broken during a fight with enemies. His loyalty does not earn him the respect of his peers or sympathy from his lover, but banishment, betrayal, and indifference. Thanks to a flame falling from the heavens, he begins to develop himself into a stronger cultivator, battles against his opponents and unfolds his legendary life

Chapter 1
Spoiler for Hiden:
Chapter 1 The Banished Disciple(1)
“Ye Chen, an outer disciple broke his elixir field and could not practice martial or mystical arts any longer. Banished from the Zhengyang Sect from now on, he is never allowed to set his foot on the Spirit Mountains of the sect.”

“Why aren’t you leaving?” Ye Chen stood still, but an impatient voice arose again in the grand hall.

“What’s the point of staying here? The Zhengyang sect never keeps a worthless cultivator with a broken elixir field.”

“The sect has sheltered you for three days and fulfilled its responsibilities already.”

The disdainful and harsh words in the grand hall like steel needles stabbed Ye Chen’s ears and heart.

“The sect disappoints me!”

But all of these were icy in Ye Chen’s eyes. He could not help holding his body tightly and trembling.

“I knew it, he has been banished.”

“How pathetic senior brother Ye is! He was nice to us before. How about seeing him off?”

“No need. We are immortals, but he is nothing.”

“All’s changed.”

“Whew!”

Jeers came from ahead. A disciple in white with a folding fan in hand walked towards Ye Chen and flicked a sarcastic look at him. “Who is it? It is our senior brother Ye, isn’t he?”

Ye Chen raised his head slightly and saw the coming person’s countenance through his hair. The phoenix-eyed person was handsome and fair, and his thin lips were mean.

“Zhao Kang.” Ye Chen searched the guy’s name from his memory. Previously Zhao Kang treated Ye Chen respectfully and never spoke to him contemptuously as now he did.

“Whew!”

Zhao Kang’s words interrupted Ye Chen’s thoughts. Zhao circled around Ye Chen, looked at him from head to toe and said with a sipping tongue, “Senior brother Ye, why do you look so embarrassed now? I feel so pity for you!”

Chapter 2
Spoiler for Hiden:
Chapter 2- The Banished Disciple(2)
“Don’t leave!” Stepping in front of Ye Chen, Zhao Kang waved the folding fan gently and gazed at him tauntingly.

“Get out of my way.”

“Valueless as you are, you are so arrogant.” Zhao Kang’s smile dispersed suddenly. He flipped his fan shut, “Don’t you think you are still a cultivator?”

Zhao straddled and his scornful eyes settled on Ye Chen. “If you want to leave, you need to crawl between my legs! Maybe I can grant you several spirit stones as travelling expenses. ”

“Zhao Kang.” Ye Chen replied and looked up all of a sudden. A flicker of cold light flashed in his gloomy eyes.

“Senior brother Zhao, aren’t you…” A disciple among the crowd of onlookers mumbled and tried to fight injustice for Ye Chen. Because of his low cultivation base, however, he did not dare to challenge Zhao Kang.

“You wanna die?” Turing back and shouting, Zhao Kang glared at the disciple. Everybody seemed to fear Zhao’s power and shut up.

Zhao Kang caught a glimpse of Ye Chen and sneered after intimidating the onlookers, “Ye Chen, will you crawl or not? I…”

Her dress swayed, and gorgeous black hair hung and glimmered just like clear rivulet. The pretty face took people’s breath away. She looked like a fairy descending to the world without being contaminated by secularity.

“It is senior sister Ji Ningshuan/Frost Ji.” The eyes of the onlookers sparkled.

On particular, the male disciples’ naked adoration exposed and desirous fire burned in their eyes. Ji Ningshuang, the beautiful lady from the outer school of the Zhengyang Sect was admired.

“Ji Ningshuang.” Ye Chen’s husky voice could be barely heard. A mixture of emotions took hold of him, and he did not twist around.

“Junior sister Ji.” Zhao Kang opened the folding fan briskly and grinned, totally different from the former fierce-looking person.

“Fare well.” The simple sentence was uttered in a heavenly voice. But her cold tone unveiled.

“Why do you bear such a look? Pity?” Ye Chen bent down to pick up his backpack on the ground, refusing to glance at Ji Ningshuang anymore. Her gruff partings broke Ye Chen’s heart.

“I’m leaving!” Ye Chen patted the dirt off his pack, turned around slowly and shuffled. Moonlight cast a lonely and slender shadow.
Chapter 3
Spoiler for Hiden:
Chapter 3 - A Fire Falling From the Heavens(1)
Tap!

Tap!

A thin horse marched slowly on the trail at a serene and dark night, and its hoofs clattered on the ground to a slow and gentle rhythm.

Looking up at the sky, exhausted Ye Chen lied on the horseback.

He had been lying on the horseback since he left Zhengyang Sect, and had no idea about where to go. As an orphan, he was reared in the sect and had no hint of his parents or any family members.

Ye Chen had regarded Zhengyang Sect as his home, and senior and junior brothers his families.

But now he was driven out from the sect. Homeless and lonely, Ye Chen curled up his body.

He murmured, “Where is my home?” His voice could be heard clearly at this dark and lonely night. Tired Ye Chen nearly fell asleep unconsciously with a pair of hazy eyes.

Unexpectedly, the instant he almost closed his eyes, a bright star fell from the dark sky and dazzled.

Ye Chen sat up abruptly with eyes wide-opened.

Ye stared at the night sky, with his eyes rolling as the star fell. The golden star was so shiny as if it absorbed the brightness of millions of stars and passed through the ancient times. Its warm golden ray lightened the skyline.

“Star fell?” Ye Chen gazed at the splendid arc in surprise.

Boom!

A thunder pierced the dome. He could even see the continuous lightening. Thunder panicked the thin horse. It reared back and neighed. Ye Chen dropped from the horseback as a result.

Boom!

Star fell, and even the earth shattered.

With the heat rolling towards him, Ye Chen stood up, felt the high temperature in the space, and saw the trees withering at a fast rate.

“Star fell, what a historic spectacle it is!”

Ye Chen stepped on the scorched earth as the hot waves approached him.

When coming closer to the star, he found it not a fallen star but a bunch of palm-sized golden flame.

“True fire?”  Dreamy Ye Chen was astonished, and he never expected the star to be a flame.

The golden lights vanished soon, and the true fire remained there lonely as a candle light. As lonely as a homeless child, the flame flickered. Ye Chen could not feel any warmth from it.

“You are homeless either?” He shared the same destiny with the flame and was unbearable to restrain himself extending his palm and touching the flame gently.

The flame seemed to be spiritual and jumped into Ye Chen’s palm, amusing itself like an innocent child.

“How interesting it is!”

Ye could not help stretching his fingers and pointing at the flame, and it turned into a beam of golden light and burst into his body.

“You…” It was too late for Ye Chen to react.

The seemingly naughty fire circled in Ye Chen’s body and entered into his broken elixir field.

Feeling the warmth from his belly soon, Ye Chen hurried to inspect his body.

He saw an amazing scene that his broken elixir field healed itself thanks to the true fire, with warmth flowing to the whole body. Ye Chen felt like bathing in scorching sunlight in chilling winter.

“What is up?” Ye opened his mouth.

The true fire did not finish its trip yet.

It jumped up and down in Ye Chen’s elixir field. Sensing his narrow elixir, the flame enlarged rapidly, emitted golden lights, turned into a golden sea of fire and expanded the elixir field.

Ah!

Holding his lower abdomen, Ye Chen felt the pain spreading from his belly to entire body, screamed and hit the ground immediately.

Bow!

That sound meant the healed elixir field burst again due to the true fire. Inside the field, everywhere was white. The heavens and the earth came into being in Ye Chen’s elixir field, whose upper space was misty and lower space glowed in golden light.

Until then, the true fire stopped and floated as though it hung around in its new home.

It behaved as if nothing had happened. But Ye Chen was out of condition.

He lay on the ground with face down, panting and sweating all his body. Because of the intense pain, Ye’s blue veins bulged in his forehead, eyes were bloodshot, and even his face distorted.

Nobody knew how long it passed. Afterwards, the sharp pain dispersed gradually, a sense of warmth spread to the whole body, and Ye Chen revitalized.

Chapter 4
Spoiler for Hiden:
Chapter 4 - A Fire Falling From the Heavens(2)
With a dry throat, he opened his mouth and stared at his elixir where earth-shattering changes occurred. “Is this…this elixir sea?”

There were five states for cultivators: Qi condensation, human core, true Yang, virtual spirit and empty night.

Ye Chen was astounded because the so-called elixir sea was one rank higher than elixir field. Only when cultivators reached the state of empty night, could they open up elixir sea. Beyond his expectation, the true fire not only restored his elixir field, but also opened up elixir sea for him.

Suddenly, the thin spiritual energy between the heavens and the earth waved.

Soon, the energy pooled around Ye Chen, formed a spiritual energy whirlpool revolving around him, poured into his body through all his acupoints and pores, and finally rushed into his elixir field.

With each pore stretching, Ye Chen’s body absorbed the spiritual energy between the heavens and the earth like a black hole.

Right now, the true fire became activated again. All the energy rushing into Ye’s field was refined by the fire and turned into golden true energy. Even the dry elixir sea was golden, with golden energy floating there.

“How could the fire refine true energy! ”

Ye Chen stared at his elixir sea with misty eyes, staggered, fell on the ground and fainted.

In the early morning, bright and warm sunshine shone through the window and cast on Ye Chen’s face.

He slowly opened his eyes and saw an innocent face with big eyes blinking in front of him.

“Big brother, you wake up.” The boy showed two rows of white teeth.

“Who are you?” Ye Chen suddenly sat up, looked at the boy and his surrounding and found himself in a strange place. “Where do I stay? Why am I here?”

The ingenuous boy answered with an honest smile, “My name is Hu Wa. Here is the little spiritual garden of Hengyue Sect. You fainted in the forest last night, my grandpa and I brought you home.”

“Heng…Hengyue Sect?” The answer held Ye Chen in trance.

The Great Chu Empire was ruled by one palace and three sects. Zhengyang, Qingyun and Hengyue Sects dominated the south, forming a situation of tripartite confrontation. Hengyue and Zhengyang Sects were rivals. Ye Chen never expected today he could come to Zhengyang’s antagonistic counterpart—Hengyue Sect after yesterday’s banishment.

“Are you hungry? I will fetch you something to eat.” Seeing Ye Chen absent-minded, Hu Wa ran outside.

Ye lost in thought on the bamboo bed. After a while, he became conscious and recalled his experience last night.

“Last night?” Experience of last night reminded Ye Chen to check his body in a hurry. The golden elixir sea looked like a new world, where the upper space was enveloped in white mists, with golden energy waves rolling downward.

“I am not dreaming. Everything is real.”

Ye Chen’s breath became rapid and shallow. After one night’s sleep, his broken elixir field not only healed, but also opened up an elixir sea, where the true energy turned to be more and more quintessential. Clenching his fists, Ye Chen regained the long-lost feeling of being a cultivator. His eye-sight and strength refined at this moment and were even better than before.

All of these should be attributed to the golden flame.

Ye Chen thought of the true fire, and subconsciously looked at it suspending in his elixir sea. Its flames flickered just like a child leapt and shouted joyously.

“True fire, where are you from?”

Once Ye Chen triggered his thoughts, the flame appeared in his palm. The temperature in the room rose dramatically. He did not fear the flame any more, but felt close to it.

“You will follow me from today on.” With unspeakable happiness in his mind, Ye Chen smiled and touched the flickering flame.

“Big brother, come out for breakfast!”

“I am coming.” Ye Chen stored away the true fire and jumped out of bed.

Chapter 5
Spoiler for Hiden:
Chapter 5 - Valiant Ye Chen(1)
Leaving the room, Ye Chen looked around and found the little garden only 20 square zhang, with a spirit tree in the middle of it.

There was an old man in the garden except Hu Wa.

Three guys sat around a small stone table, and a giant bird squatted beside them, staring at the food on the table and was eager to eat. In cultivators’ realm, the bird named as spiritual beast, was used as a tool for travelling.

After conversation, Ye Chen learned that the old gentleman who saved him last night was Zhang Fengnian. His sect destroyed his cultivation base and sent him out due to his mistake. But his house lay at the foot of the spiritual mountain of Hengyue Sect.

“Come, little eagle, this piece is for you.” Hu Wa threw a piece of cured meat that he was unwilling to eat himself to the giant bird, patting the eagle’s big head with his small hands as if the bird was his family.

Zhang Fengnian caught a glimpse of Ye Chen, and smiled to him, “Boy, I guess you are a cultivator probably.”

When hearing Zhang’s utterance, Ye Chen was gormandizing his food. He put down chopsticks and nodded with a smiling face.

“Which sect do you belong to?”

“Sir, I do not belong to any sect or school. I am only a loose cultivator.”

“What a pity!” Zhang Fengnian sighed, “You should find a sect to cultivate at such a young age, since it can provide you cultivation resources. If you had had cultivated there, you could not have reached the first level of Qi condensation stage.”

“Sir, you are right.” Smiling, Ye Chen concealed his past. If he had a chance to cultivate, he would search for a sect again.

Zhang’s suggestion made sense. First, being a loose cultivator was not safe. Second, it was difficult to secure cultivation resources. However, school disciples had a sect to count on, and their cultivation resources were guaranteed.

Seeing Ye Chen speculate, the benevolent old man smiled, “Boy, are you interested in being a disciple of Hengyue Sect?”

“Of course, I am.” Ye Chen answered in a hurry with a smiling face.

His idea coincided with Zhang’s. From the perspective of sect strength, Hengyue Sect was Zhengyang’s match. Now he had no place to go, and it would be the best choice for him to stay in Hengyue Sect.

Ye Chen was highly motivated. He outperformed others when cultivating in Zhengyang Sect. With the help of true fire, he firmly believed that he would surpass other disciples in the near future.

Staring at Zhang Fengnina, Ye Chen asked, “Sir, it is not easy to be a disciple of Hengyue Sect.”

“It does not matter. I will write an introduction letter. It is easy for you to be an intern disciple with my help.”

“Introduction letter?”

Hearing these words, Ye Chen began to look over the old man secretively. Although Zhang was a wasted cultivator, Ye could not judge him easily on the surface.

Bang!

At this moment, the door of the little spiritual garden was kicked open. A young man in white came inside.

“Whew! You guys have breakfast.” The young man sneered.

“Zhang Tao, why do you come here?” Hu Wa stood up in an instant, and glared at the disciple in white Daoist robe. Zhang Fengnian looked sullen, with the giant bird next to him chirping and protecting Hu Wa under its wings.

After casting a glance at Zhang Tao, Ye Chen noticed the two characters “Hengyue” on the robe, and recognized that the young man was a disciple of Hengyue Sect. Perspicacious Ye concluded that Zhang Tao’s cultivation base reached the second level of Qi condensation.

Huh!

Looking directly at Zhang Fengnian, Zhang Tao hummed coldly and said, “Old man, hand me what I want as soon as possible, or I will be rude to you.”

“I do not have anything you want.” Taking a deep breath, Zhang Fengnian’s old face turned to be pale immediately.

“I give you face, but you do not want it.” Zhang Tao roared with an evil look and kicked over the table like a lunatic robber.

Gua!

Gua!

Flapping wings, the giant bird rushed to Zhang Tao. A low-rank spiritual beast as it was, the bird owned higher spiritual intelligence. Irritation, the look human possessed, could be seen from its eyes.

“You are courting death.” Zhang Tao’s eyes looked cold, and the spiritual energy floating among his fingers condensed into an energy blade immediately and hurt the bird.

With its blood splashing, the bird fell to the ground.

“Little eagle!” Hu Wa threw himself to the bird.

Gua!

Gua!

Though the bird chirped in a weak voice, it still protected Hu Wa behind its wings.

Offline JOY482

Re: Banished Disciple’s Counterattack - Novel
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 11:01:54 PM »
Chapter 6
Spoiler for Hiden:
“You are such a rascal!” Pointing at Zhang Tao with trembling fingers, Zhang Fengnian was so angry that he almost fainted on the ground.

“Hand it to me. Otherwise, do not blame me for being harsh…” Zhang Tao walked one step closer, without finishing his speech he was slapped on head by Ye Chen who stood nearby.

Clap!

The clap sounded clear and loud.

Zhang Tao was beaten dumbstruck, and his arm was dragged by Ye Chen forcibly before he found what happened to himself. He lost balance subsequently, left the ground and floated in the air.

Boom!

The imperious Zhang Tao dropped on the ground harshly, leaving a pit of human shape.

Puff!

Zhang Tao spitted out blood, and the internal organs of his body were displaced.

Zhang Fengnin was astonished when seeing the scene. Hu Wa swallowed a mouthful of slaver after watching Ye Chen’s conquering Zhang Tao. Ye Chen beat Zhang Tao, a cultivator of the second level in Qi condensation stage.

Honestly Ye Chen won by his ambush, but his energy force was tremendous.

How could they know the elixir sea had formed in Ye Chen’s body?

Although Ye Chen’s cultivation rank was the first level, but the amount of his energy was their triple and could be counted as the third level of Qi condensation.

“God is watching what you have done, and accumulate more hidden virtue for yourself.”

With Ye Chen’s loud curse, Zhang Tao was mutilated and thrown out of the garden by him.

At night, Ye Chen transfused vital energy to the little eagle and kept its life. But it was difficult for the loyal bird to fly any more in the following days.

“Little friend, thanks for your help!” Zhang Fengnian sat on a stone stair, and looked much older than before. For a kind old man like him, being oppressed by his own disciple hurt him a lot.

“You are welcome. It does not cost me too much to do so.” Smiling Ye Chen answered it in a free and easy manner.

Alas!

With a reminiscent look in his cloudy eyes, Zhang Fengnian recalled his sorrowful past, and said, “I was one of the Hengyue Sect Elders, and degraded to the little spiritual garden since I made a big mistake. Zhang Tao was my disciple. It was my fault that I did not teach him well.”

“One’s achievement depends upon his own virtue not his tutor.” Ye Chen placated Zhang Fengnian, “Sir, do not blame yourself, he is born like this.”

“He wants grandpa’s Spell of Heavens Spirit.” Hu Wa was in rage with his little fists clenched. “Grandpa’s belongings have been snatched by him these years. He bullies us every day.”

Spell of Heavens Spirit?

The spell owned by Hengyue Sect was not new to Ye Chen. People’s vital energy would be sealed in a short time once the spell was pasted on their bodies. Besides, it was well known among the three sects.

The spell was precious and never passed to irrelevant people. Beyond Ye Chen’s expectation, Zhang Fengnain at the third level of Qi condensation owned such a valuable spell.

“Little friend, I have finished the recommendation letter. You just go to the mountain for cultivation. You are ingenious, please exploit your talent.” Zhang Fengnian thrust a letter into Ye Chen’s hand while ruminating.

“Thanks for your help!”
Chapter 7
Spoiler for Hiden:
Late at night, Ye Chen left the little spiritual garden, found a serene place, sat on a rock in lotus position and tried to fathom the mysteriousness of the true fire in his elixir sea.

He benefited a lot from the true fire: restoring his elixir field, opening up the elixir sea and refining his vital energy. Compared with his cultivation foundation in Zhengyang Sect, the current one was more secure.

“It is really marvelous.” Ye Chen whispered. He closed eyes to refresh himself and became more clearheaded than ever.

Soon thin spiritual energy pooled and formed an energy whirlpool centering around Ye Chen and also controlled by him. The energy absorbed by Ye Chen rushed into his elixir sea through his acupoints, and was refined by the golden true fire.

Ye divided the true fire into millions of trails, some infused into meridians, and others enwrapped bones. In a word, the fire was used for the refinement of bones and meridians.

After a long time, his meridians widened and softened imperceptibly. The scars of meridians on his bones smoothened as well, and even some golden sparkles lingered above them.

Ye Chen had no idea what time he jumped off the rock. After the refinement, the ease he had was never experienced before.

“Very well.” Shouting delightedly, he strode down, with rushing vital energy gathering in his palms and even lightening wandering among his fingers.

“Rushing Thunder Palm.” Ye Chen screamed and stroke a rock.

Bang!

The strong palm cracked the rock with thunders.

With an overwhelming impact and vociferous sounds, the mystic attacking skill practiced by Ye Chen was called the Rushing Thunder Palm.

The skill required its practitioner to have a strong body; otherwise it would hurt the practitioner’s meridians and bones while destroying his enemies.

That was the shortcoming of the Rushing Thunder Palm.

But Ye Chen could ignore the shortcomings.

After the refinement, the strength of body and the toughness of meridians and bones could totally help Ye Chen avoid the harm.

Morning dawned soon.

As rosy dawn appeared in the east, Ye Chen opened his eyes.

Exhaling turbid Qi, he turned over, got up with a ruddy face, and regained stamina and steady breath.

Ye Chen walked out of the little garden after taking a simple breakfast.

In front of him were endless stairs ascending to the top of the Spiritual Mountain and extending into clouds. Ye could not see the limit.

Taking a deep breath, he walked on the stairs. Ye Chen could feel tremendous energy flooding towards him while taking each step.

With the last step, he raised his head and stared at the world that majestic mountains in the distance and towering ancient woods stood, misty spiritual energy and clouds floated, and cranes sometimes flew through clouds.

“I find the feeling that I once experienced in Zhengyang Sect.” Smiling, Ye Chen greedily inhaled the spiritual energy in the air.

He took the route Zhang Fengnian told him.

In the early morning, spiritual energy and the essence of sun and moon were the purest. Ye Chen saw many diligent disciples sitting on rocks in lotus position for breathing exercises and cultivation. When he passed them, they glimpsed at him in a hurry and continued their practice.

Ye arrived at Jiuqing Pavilion after turning several corners.

Several disciples entered or left the pavilion. When they saw Ye Chen, a stranger, each of them would look over him, and disdained him while finding his cultivation base the first level of Qi condensation.

“Here it is.” Ye Chen looked up at the pavilion, and went inside, presenting his recommendation letter.

In the hall, Sect Elder Qingyi received the recommendation letter. Before opening the it, he looked Ye Chen up and down while learning that Ye was introduced by Zhang Fengnian.

While the sect elder measured Ye Chen, Ye Chen also looked him over secretly.

Ye Chen whispered himself, “This man’s countenance is strange.”

Ye Chen was right. With eyes, nose and mouth slanting in different directions, the face of the sect elder contorted. Ye even had a desire to rectify the positions of those organs.

He looked away from the sect elder.

Except the Sect Elder Qingyi, there were another three people sitting there. One was big-bellied, one was gaunt, and the other could be counted as a normal person. They chatted merrily. It seemed that they were not the sect elders here, but came here for a visit.

They were the chief masters of three main peaks belonging to Hengyue Sect’s outer schools: Zhong Laodao, Ge Hong and Immortal Qingyang.

After reading the letter, the Sect Elder Qingyi passed it to the three chief masters, and smiled, “Senior brothers, the little friend named Ye Chen was introduced by Zhang Fengnian. I would like to ask you to discuss Ye’s master selection. Who is willing to be Ye Chen’s master? Please give Zhang Fengnian a face. ”

“Oh? Zhang Fengnian rarely recommends disciples to us.” The letter passed through the three’s hands, and they began to look Ye Chen up and down.

“How old are you?” Big-bellied Zhong Laodao gazed at Ye Chen.

“Sixteen years old.”

“Sixteen.” Zhong raised his eyebrows, “A sixteen-year-old cultivator only reached the first level of Qi condensation. Your talent is so…”

Coughing and standing up, he patted his big belly, “Eh, I have something to handle in Tianyang Peak and need to leave now.”

With his words unfinished, plump Zhong ran quickly out of the hall, fearing to be dragged by Sect Elder Qingyi and to take Ye Chen as his disciple.

Ge Hong stood up with hands on his back after Zhong left, and cast a glance at Ye Chen with scorn. “ Diyang Peak never wants a wasted man.”

Ge left the hall as well.

Sect Elder Qingyi had to fix his eyes on Immortal Qingyang, “Senior brother Qingyang, please give me a face and take Ye Chen as your disciple.”

Immortal Qingyang frowned, and shook his head slowly, “Junior brother Qingyi, the gap between his level and the demand of Renyang Peak is huge. His talent is too poor to enter Renyang Peak. Sorry, I cannot comply with your request.”

“But…”

“I have other matters to deal with and need to leave.” Immortal Qingyang rushed out with a flick of sleeves.

Three chief masters left one after another. Their intentions that all of them refused to take Ye Chen as disciple were obvious.

It was not hard for Ye Chen to understand. How unbelievable it was that a sixteen-year-old cultivator only arrived at the first level of Qi condensation. They would be laughed at if they could not instruct such a poor-talented disciple well.

Would they return and compete for Ye Chen if they learned his talent?

Seeing three chief masters leaving one by one, Sect Elder Qingyi looked embarrassed.

He coughed and looked at Ye Chen with a smiling face, “Little friend, are you willing to be an intern disciple?”

“It is all right. Maybe I will be a regular disciple one day. ”

“Very well.” From his sleeves, Sect Elder Qingyi took out a white jade card with vital energy lingering around his fingertips and carved ‘Ye Chen’ on it. He passed the card to Ye, and smiled, “Little boy, this is your jade card.”

Except the card, Sect Elder Qingyi also took out an encapsulated jade bottle, from which Ye Chen smelled the scent of medicine. Undoubtedly, inside the bottle was the spirit liquid assisting cultivation.

“Interns do not have access to robes or cultivation methods of our sect. There is only one bottle of jade spirit liquid for you.”

“Thank you, sect elder.” Ye Chen answered and received the spirit liquid. It did not matter whether he had a robe or not.

“All right, now you can go to the Spirit Tools Pavilion to fetch one tool!” Patting Ye’s shoulder, Sect Elder Qingyi smiled and said tenderly as if he were Ye’s peer, “Little boy, work hard! I will see your performance in three months.”

Offline JOY482

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2018, 11:04:38 PM »
Chapter 8
Spoiler for Hiden:
Ye Chen left Jiuqing Pavilion and came to the Spirit Tools Pavilion according to the guide.

The guard of the Spirit Tools Pavilion was a stout sect elder with a pair of small eyes hardly could be seen. With rolls of fat jiggling, he looked like a Maitreya Buddha with a bare chest.

Disciples in Hengyue Sect all called him Zhou Dafu.

“Sect elder.” Ye Chen bowed respectfully, seeing Zhou Dafu lying in a sling chair drowsily.

“Little boy, I have never seen you before.” With eyes concentrating, Zhou Dafu sat up, glanced at Ye Chen and looked him up and down.

Presenting his jade card, Ye Chen said, “I am the new intern disciple. Sect elder Qingyi asked me to select one spirit tool here.”

Zhou took the jade card, turned it over and tossed it back to Ye Chen. Shaking his hands, Zhou Dafu lay in the sling chair again, and replied,”You just go inside and select one tool! But intern disciples can only select the spirit tools stored on the first floor. Don’t slip into the second floor secretly.”

“Eh…!”

Ye Chen entered the Spirit Tools Pavilion after putting away his jade card.

The first floor of the pavilion was several thousand square zhang and large enough to store miscellaneous weapons. Each spirit tool glistened like a flaming flower that brightly blazed.

“Not surprisingly, the weapons are inferior.” Ye Chen was slightly disappointed, because he could only select those poor spirit tools from the first floor.

Bearing that in mind, Ye Chen lifted a saber with a ghost-like handle, but shook his head and murmured, “It is too light.”

He dropped the saber and picked up a spirit sword. Even though the sword was sharp, Ye Chen put it back.

He kept selecting weapons and putting them back, like someone went to a supermarket to buy vegetables. After hanging about for a while, Ye Chen was satisfied with none of those weapons, which he never glimpsed at in the past. But the good old days were gone. Now he had no other choice but to choose one from those inferior tools.

He did not make up his mind to pick a weapon after strolling on the first floor.

However, the true fire in his elixir sea flickered. A flame as slender as a hair was divided from the true fire and flew out of Ye Chen’s body.

Astounded Ye Chen rushed to follow the flame and came to a stone podium, on which lay a black iron sword. Maybe having stayed there for a long time, the sword was dusty. The flicker of true fire twined it.

The sword was in Ye Chen’s hand when he was stunned. He wanted to examine the spirit tool chosen by the true fire.

But he underestimated the sword’s weight, and could not carry it in a breath.

“It weighs at least 200 jin.” Ye Chen estimated the weight of the sword. It was difficult for a normal disciple to carry such a heavy sword. Lifting it would consume all one’s vital energy. If a cultivator fought with others with the sword, he would be exhausted before defeat. It was not hard to imagine why it lay here for a long time without being noticed.

But Ye Chen was increasingly interested in the sword due to this.

“Run the vital energy slightly.” Ye Chen picked up the sword and blew off the dusts on its surface.

He felt vicissitude of times from the sword and saw two characters—Tianque engraved on its handle.

“Tianque.” Ye Chen whispered and looked closely at the sword.

It was not edged yet, but much wider than normal spirit swords. He could not judge its material, but noticed many ancient obscure characters carved on its heavy body.

“What a strange sword it is.” Ye Chen murmured, and talked to himself that the heavy sword was a perfect weapon to hit people but not to chop them.

“I will take this one.” Ye Chen shouldered the iron sword and left the pavilion.

“Um?”

Standing not far away from Ye Chen, Zhou Dafu disdained his option, “Little boy, you are too slim to carry the sword. Why do you choose it?”

Bang!

Ye Chen came to Zhou Dafu and loosened his grip. The heavy iron sword fell on the ground and its half body inserted into soil slantingly.

“Sect elder, do you know the origin of the sword?” Ye Chen asked, pointing at Tianque Sword, “It is so heavy!”

“Uh!” Pinching his moustache, Zhou Dafu contemplated for a while and responded, “It was here when I took over the Spirit Tools Pavilion. It has stayed in the pavilion for more than a hundred years. I have no idea about its origin.”

“So it is!”

“I persuade you to change another one. The iron sword is much heavier than a normal one. You can choose a lighter weapon.”

“There is no need to change anymore.” Ye Chen smiled. He patted the sword and hardly tore himself away from it.

“Stubborn boy, just carry it away!”

“Thank you, sect elder.” Ye Chen bowed to Zhou Dafu respectfully again and left the Spirit Tools Pavilion with the sword on his shoulder.

Upon reaching the gate, he found that the disciples passing by cast surprising looks at him. They glanced at Ye Chen and his sword, pointing at him.

“Who is the guy? We have never seen him before. Is he a new intern disciple?”

“The sword he shoulders is Tianque sword!”

“It may be the sword. How great his strength is. But his cultivation base is poor, and he is not in the right head.”

Ignoring those discussions, Ye Chen thought that Tianque Sword was not normal. He preferred this one to other low-level spirit tools. Shouldering it every day could boost his cultivation.

“Um? They are the disciples from Zhengyang Sect.” With a whisper from someone unknown, people around all looked up at the sky.

There, a giant sword flew in the sky, on which stood three people, a beautiful middle-aged lady, a pretty young girl and a handsome teenager.

Someone asked doubtedly, “What do the disciples from Zhengyang Sect come to our Hengyue Sect for?”

“There will be a large competition among Zhengyang, Qingyun and Hengyue Sects in three months. They come to negotiate the competition.”

“The female disciple is as beautiful as a fairy.”

None of the discussions came to Ye Chen’s ears. He looked up at the sky, and to be more precisely, his eyes were fixed on the pretty girl standing on the sword. With her dress floating, the girl looked like an innocent fairy descending from the heavens.

She is Ji Ningshuang from Zhengyang Sect.

“Unexpectedly, we meet each other so soon.” Ye Chen murmured. A complicated and indifferent look arouse in his eyes, “I will go back and revenge one day.”

Perhaps having sensed someone watching at her, Ji Ningshuang standing on the flying sword looked down, but Ye Chen had already disappeared in the crowd.

“What a familiar feeling it is!” Ji Ningshuang whispered.

“Junior sister Ji, what is the matter?”

“Nothing.”
Chapter 9
Spoiler for Hiden:
Ye Chen found a small hilltop.

With verdant trees and a lush growth of flowers and grass, the hilltop was rather small compared with the three main peaks.

Whirr!

Exhaling, Ye Chen inserted Tianque Sword in front of him, and cut one of his fingers. The sword belonged to him from the second a drop of his blood fell on it.

The blood melted into the sword soon.

However, with a green light flashing Tianque Sword vibrated, and massive information rushed into Ye Chen’s brain aggressively.

Ah…!

A sudden sharp pain in brain made him hold his head and moan in a low voice.

But the pain disappeared as fast as it came.

After a short time, Ye Chen shook his head, blue veins on his forehead faded, and his dizzy eyes became clear. He could not suppress his ecstasy on his face.

“Burn the sky and refine the body.” Ye Chen said breathlessly.

He was delirious. His blood released the seal of the sword, and revealed the secret skill hidden in the sword.

“I find a treasure.” Oppressing his excitement, Ye Chen sat on the ground in lotus position and comprehended the profound secret skill.

He discovered that the skill taught how to refine body.

“Refine body and extract marrow, forge tendon and establish meridians; burn heart and blood, and grind skin and flesh.”

Ye Chen did not notice his that heart beat fast while he spoke. These characters were the best interpretation of the skill.

Exactly, the skill was to refine the body. Every inch of skin, each bone and meridian would be refined. As a comprehensive approach to refine body, the pain brought by practicing equaled Lingchi.

“Which madman created such a secret skill?” Ye Chen opened his eyes and clicked his tongue. The skill was really powerful.

Afterwards, hot light showed in his eyes.

Refining the body required the cultivator to bear unbelievable pain, and also brought some benefits. The cultivator who reached the highest level of this skill could be invincible and even topple mountains and overturn seas.

Anyone wanted to practice the skill needed to be qualified. Containing the character “burning”, the secret skill asked its cultivators to possess the element of fire.

Ye Chen realized that the skill was customized for him and he was destined to acquire it. He had an advantage to practice the skill-- the powerful flame inside his body.

“Now that God asks me to find you, I will make full use of you.” Ye Chen said to himself and made up his mind to practice the secret skill.

He took a deep breath and closed eyes slowly.

After a quarter’s breath adjustment and comprehension, Ye Chen began to refine his body instructed by the skill which he already knew very well.

Kaba!

Once the skill began to play its effect, Ye Chen’s bones collided and the true fire in his elixir sea burned all over his body.

“Shit! It hurts so much!” He could not help groaning, tortured by such a sudden sharp pain.

Boom!

Boom!

Boom!

The sound kept ringing, and Ye Chen did find his 720 acupuncture points burst open successively. As his bones continued refining, eight extraordinary meridians were opened as well.

Ah…

Ye Chen roared, as each bone and every inch of his skin seemed to be torn apart. He was so painful that nearly fainted.

Kaba!

Kaba!

His bones began to fracture inch by inch, but the fractures healed by themselves. All the bones kept fracturing and healing all along.

Ye Chen felt as if his body was prodded by thousands of needles, with bulged blue veins on his forehead and blood-shot dark eyes.

Three hours later, powerless Ye Chen fell on the ground.

He ran a small circulation reluctantly, but the first practice almost took his life.

“I am gambling with my life!” Ye Chen was breathless with a pale face, and perspiration rolled down along his back.

Though he suffered a lot, an ecstatic look could be seen in his eyes.

Ye Chen knew that body refinement could not be achieved in one day, but hard work in endless time. He had a long and tough way to go. In each practice he was reborn in the sharp pain as if his body was ripped.

Ye Chen struggled to sit up and inspected his body.

The refinement rewarded him. Smooth and resilient bones took place of the old rough ones. A strange golden light hovered above the bones.

His body surface was full of black impurities, which were stinky excrements after the refinement.

Breezes blowing through the gaps of the door and window, Ye Chen felt revitalized all over his body.

Afterwards, as the thin spirit energy between the heavens and the earth started to pool, all his acupoints and pores widened and absorbed the rushing energy, which helped him to nurture bones and meridians, and erase the scars of his bones.

The refinement consumed massive energy. Ye Chen was greedy to inhale the spirit energy between the heavens and the earth, and the sharp pain all over his body vanished gradually. Standing in the whirlpool of spirit energy, Ye Chen felt as though he was bathing in sunlight in winter, with warmth spreading all over his body.

“My efforts are rewarded.” Clenching his fists slightly, Ye Chen sensed a stronger body that he had now.

His eyesight, sense of hearing and speed all upgraded. What’s more, strange power flowed to each corner of his body, and invigorated him.

Ye Chen turned over his body and jumped up after a while.

He took out the jade spirit liquid from his chest, raised his head and gulped down all the liquid.

If someone had been here, he could have prevented Ye Chen from drinking the liquid. Because the spirit liquid was made of the extractions of numerous spirit herbs, and contained tremendous essences. Drinking a whole bottle might burst his elixir field.

But Ye Chen could ignore such worries now.

What he possessed was not an elixir field, but an elixir sea with an extraordinary volume. A hundred bottles of the jade spirit liquid could not explode his elixir sea, let alone one bottle.

After drinking up the jade spirit liquid, Ye Chen energized, just like spring water ran through each meridian. His exhaustion evaporated soon, with all aching bones and meridians nurturing.

At this moment, Ye Chen realized the huge volume that his elixir sea possessed.

The volume of an elixir sea was much larger than that of an elixir field, which suggested that his progress would be much slower than his peers’.

“Who knows it is a good luck or bad luck to open up an elixir sea at this moment?”

Three hours later, Ye Chen stopped practicing, jumped on a rock and looked up at the starry sky with both hands at the back of his head, sighing.

He was driven out of Zhengyang Sect and became homeless one day ago. It was an illusion that by chance he obtained the true fire and became a disciple of Hengyue Sect.

“Is it the irony of fate?” Ye Chen signed, but still could not conceal the satirical look in his eyes.

Collecting himself, he began to plan his following cultivation.

The big volume of elixir sea brought him not only benefits, but also disadvantages, such as agonizingly slow progress. An intern disciple could get one bottle of jade spirit liquid, but one bottle was far from enough for Ye Chen, a big stomach king.

In this case, he needed to pay more efforts and searched other ways to acquire the liquid.

Ye Chen thought about the tasks within the sect.

Anyone completed the tasks released by the sect would be rewarded generously. In addition, the tasks could inspire disciples to cultivate harder. Ye Chen always took the tasks while in Zhengyang sect. He supposed that the tasks of the two sects were almost same.

Holding Tianque Sword, Ye Chen made up his mind to take part in the tasks, closed his eyes and fell asleep before long.

Offline JOY482

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2018, 11:05:26 PM »
Chapter 10
Spoiler for Hiden:
The next day, Hengyue Sect bathed in dawn light.

Ye Chen walked down the small hill top and ran to the Task Pavilion.

His arrival attracted much attention. On one hand, he was new here. On the other hand, his cultivation base of the first level in Qi Condensation stage and his Tianque Sword caught people’s eyes.

“How poor his talent is! His cultivation base only reaches the first level of Qi condensation stage.” Some disciples of Hengyue Sect glanced at Ye Chen scornfully upon his arrival.

“He chooses Tianque Sword as spirit tool. How stupid he is.”

“He is really silly.”

Ye Chen did not care others’ discussion, staring at the stele in the Task Pavilion. On the stele hung many little jade cards, with each representing one task ranging from the easiest to the hardest.

“I have the elixir sea and true fire to guard my body. My power is enough to combat any demonic beast under the fifth level of Qi condensation stage.”

While scanning each task of the stele, Ye Chen measured his actual strength.

Eventually, he set his eyes on the last jade card, an low-level task within his capability—“beating the blood wolf”.

The blood wolf, a demonic beast with an invincible body, which Ye Chen had read from a valuable demonic beasts chart, was extremely ferocious. Its power equaled that of a human cultivator at the third level of Qi condensation stage. Any cultivator with normal cultivation base could not break its defense, nor would they find trouble with it.

“I will take this task.” Ye Chen almost reached the jade card, but a fair hand took away the card before him.

“I am Zhao Long. I will take the task of battling the blood wolf.” Zhao’s laughter and remarks filling with defiance and tease could be heard clearly.

Ye Chen lowered his head and saw a disciple in purple beside him. The handsome disciple with thick black hair was dashing. But his disdainful smile made Ye Chen disgusting.

“What’s up? Aren’t you ready to give up?” Squinting at Ye Chen, Zhao Long raised his jaw highly.

“Senior brother just takes it away.” Ye Chen thought it was not worthwhile to debate with him, and cast his look on the stele again, looking for other tasks. He finally selected one task of killing other demonic beasts ranking the same as killing blood wolf.

When Ye Chen was to stretch his arm, Zhao Long took the jade card away before him again.

“This task belongs to me.” Zhao Long teased Ye Chen and glanced at him in defiance.

Ye Chen glimpsed at Zhao Long, and held his temper.

Ye Chen scanned the stele and looked for another one. However, this time was the same as before. When he intended to take the card, Zhao Long took action ahead of him.

“I will take this task as well.” Raising his chin high, Zhao Long said in a deeply inflammatory manner.

Ye Chen scowled. He found that Zhao Long came here not for tasks but to find fault with him. Numerous disciples selected their tasks here, why did Zhao Long rob his?

“Senior brother, we are not enemies. Why do you pick on me?” Ye Chen glared at Zhao Long and asked.

Ye Chen thought he would not cause any trouble as long as he kept low-key. Apparently, Zhao Long came to find trouble with him. But Ye was not timid. According to Ye Chen’s disposition, he would not bear the spite against him without any reason.

“Not enemies…Huh…Huh…Huh…” Zhao Long snorted, “You beat my junior brother, how dare you are to say we are not enemies? You are courageous, aren’t you? I warn you that anyone who bullies my junior brother is courting death. ”

Ye Chen understood after hearing Zhao’s remarks.

He guessed the junior brother Zhao Long mentioned must be Zhang Tao, whom he beat yesterday.

Zhao Long gave vent to Zhang Tao’s anger on Ye Chen. Compared with Zhang Tao, Zhao Long was stronger in cultivation base, but also more arrogant.

Zhao Long placed one hand on Ye Chen’s shoulder in an instant.

A vital energy rushed into Ye Chen’s body and bumped inside blindly.

Ye Chen frowned but remained equable. The spiritual energy spurted out from his elixir sea and blocked out Zhao Long’s vital energy.

Zhao Long was astonished to find his vital energy blocked out, but said more jokingly, “Boy, I look down upon you.”

“He beat me first. I should not be blamed for.” Ye Chen looked indifferently. He could knock down Zhang Tao, and also Zhao Long, who reached the fifth level of Qi Condensation stage. Ye was likely to win if he challenged Zhao Long.

“Very well.” Zhao Long clapped his hands and cheered, “I would like to fight with someone pretending to be powerful.”

With vital energy flowing in his body, Zhao Long was ready to beat Ye Chen in one fight.

Ye Chen would not show the impression of weakness. As his mind moved, the spiritual energy in Ye Chen’s elixir sea rushed out immediately.

The two were about to fight, which attracted other disciples’ attention.

“They are going to have a duel!”

“The guy’s cultivation base only reaches the first level of Qi Condensation. How can he challenge Zhao Long? Is he mad?”

“Are you going to rebel?” The sect elder taking charge of the Task Pavilion yelled at them in dignified voice. “Here is the Task Pavilion, not the place for you to play around. If you want to fight, just go to the Wind and Cloud Podium. Go away!”

Both Zhao Long and Ye Chen were deterred by the sect elder. Zhao restrained himself, and Ye Chen collected his spiritual energy.

“Boy, I will revenge on you one day.” Zhao Long smiled coldly, and did not forget to intimidate Ye Chen before he left.

“I am waiting for you.” With a cold light flashing in his eyes, Ye Chen turned away, glanced at the stele and took the task card of killing fire wolf, which was not high-ranking.

He left the Task Pavilion after collecting his jade card, and knew it was hard for him to cultivate in tranquility in the following days.

Ye Chen headed toward the foot of the hill.

He visited Zhang Fengnian and Hu Wa while passing the little spiritual garden.

“It is you that warm me and make me understand I have someone to secure.” Ye Chen walked down the Spirit Mountain and looked forward to a brighter future. He would work hard for the future and protect the people he cared.

A dozen lis away from Hengyue Sect lay a demonic beast forest, where disciples completed their tasks of killing demonic beasts.

After identifying the direction, Ye Chen fastened the rope tied on Tianque Sword and headed toward the demonic forest.

After an hour, he stopped breathlessly in front of a thick forest—demonic beast forest. It was boundless, with green ancient trees towering inside. Ye Chen could smell the violent and bloody air blowing from the forest.

“I start to work.” Ye Chen took a deep breath and stepped into the demonic forest.