October 21, 2020, 05:23:44 AM

Author Topic: Author-narrated audiobook  (Read 2734 times)

Offline Suw

Author-narrated audiobook
« on: January 06, 2012, 06:41:31 PM »
Just wondering if anyone else has narrated their own audiobook and put it online either free or for sale? I'm going to be starting recording mine tomorrow and will be putting it up on Bandcamp which, despite being mainly a music site also has a spoken word category.

Anyone else done anything similar? Got any tips?

ETA: Might have posted this in the wrong bit of the forum. Sorry! Mods: Feel free to move it this belongs in the other self-pub bit.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 06:44:59 PM by Suw »
Argleton: A story of maths, maps and motorways.

http://chocolateandvodka.com/argleton/

Offline Michael Sullivan

Re: Author-narrated audiobook
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 10:49:30 PM »
Just wondering if anyone else has narrated their own audiobook and put it online either free or for sale? I'm going to be starting recording mine tomorrow and will be putting it up on Bandcamp which, despite being mainly a music site also has a spoken word category.

Anyone else done anything similar? Got any tips?

ETA: Might have posted this in the wrong bit of the forum. Sorry! Mods: Feel free to move it this belongs in the other self-pub bit.

I suggest you look at podiobooks.com - posting books there are free and they populate to itunes.  It is a very popular environment for audio versions.

Re: Author-narrated audiobook
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 10:08:16 PM »
Hi, if this is too late for Suw maybe it will help others. There are sites that will pay you for 1st rights to a short story, less than 8,000 AND have the narration professionally done at their expense.

They include

clarkesworldmagazine.com
escapepod.org
duneste.com

Hope this helps

Tony
"I won't let anyone hurt you," Dawn whispered to the creature. Crack! She snapped its neck. Listen to the Destiny's Daughter alien mystery series free @ www.anthonysunderland.com/