April 26, 2017, 09:06:18 AM

Author Topic: Not sure if this is the right place but YAY!  (Read 152 times)

Offline Mike Brooks

• Shadow Op
  • Scifi. Fantasy. Related shenanigans.
    • View Profile
    • My website
Not sure if this is the right place but YAY!
« on: April 20, 2017, 12:30:35 AM »
Really glad to see that my third novel now has an official release date (October 10th), and also cover art released into public :)

I'm an angel. I kill firstborns while their mamas watch. I turn cities into salt. I even, when I feel like it, rip the souls from little girls, and from now till kingdom come, the only thing you can count on, in your existence, is never understanding why.

http://mikebrooks.co.uk

Offline Nora

• Dropped in from another planet avec son sourire provocateur - et Hades and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Ta'veren
  • The Explorer
    • View Profile
Re: Not sure if this is the right place but YAY!
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 09:52:37 AM »
That's awesome but indeed not the good place. We have a thread called "Small press and self published" for advertising your work.

This being said I don't know why we call it small press? What if one of us strikes out and hits the big press?!
"She will need coffee soon, or molecular degeneration will set in. Her French phrasing will take over even more strongly, and soon she will dissolve into a puddle of alienation and Kierkegaardian despair."  ~ Jmack

Wishy washy lyricism and maudlin unrequited love are my specialty - so said Lady_Ty

Offline Elfy

• Writing contest regular
  • Powers That Be
  • Ringbearer
    • View Profile
    • Purple Dove House
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 11:43:36 AM »
That's awesome but indeed not the good place. We have a thread called "Small press and self published" for advertising your work.

This being said I don't know why we call it small press? What if one of us strikes out and hits the big press?!
Mike's work is published by Saga and Del Rey, so not exactly small press, Nora. They're also really good books if anyone's looking from some fun space opera with capers involved. I've just read the second book and knew there'd be a 3rd, just not when, so this good useful news for  me.

Offline ScarletBea

• Positive Invisible Fighter - and bringer of Cake. 2nd in Command of the Writing Contest
  • Writing Group
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 12:11:12 PM »
I agree, if there was a better section it would be under "Upcoming Book Releases" :)
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!
"A book is as dangerous as any journey you might take. The person who closes the back cover may not be the same one that opened the front one." Mark Lawrence ("Red Sister")

Offline Mike Brooks

• Shadow Op
  • Scifi. Fantasy. Related shenanigans.
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2017, 12:39:20 PM »
Yeah, I'm "Big 5" on both sides of the Atlantic so didn't think the Self-Published and Small Press board was the right place either! Happy to be guided on where I can go "hooray!" about any future releases though :)
I'm an angel. I kill firstborns while their mamas watch. I turn cities into salt. I even, when I feel like it, rip the souls from little girls, and from now till kingdom come, the only thing you can count on, in your existence, is never understanding why.

http://mikebrooks.co.uk

Offline Nora

• Dropped in from another planet avec son sourire provocateur - et Hades and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Ta'veren
  • The Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2017, 01:57:02 PM »
Yeah, definitely not small press then... Why don't we get a sticky post for big releases from big publishers?!

There are few enough in the community who are published thus, but no point not having an area for you few lucky ones!
"She will need coffee soon, or molecular degeneration will set in. Her French phrasing will take over even more strongly, and soon she will dissolve into a puddle of alienation and Kierkegaardian despair."  ~ Jmack

Wishy washy lyricism and maudlin unrequited love are my specialty - so said Lady_Ty

Tags: