August 23, 2019, 11:33:28 PM

Author Topic: RPG: Rules, Questions, & Discussion  (Read 79484 times)

Offline JonRock411

Re: RPG: Rules, Questions, & Discussion
« Reply #300 on: August 11, 2014, 09:49:15 PM »
Probably start with just the tentacles, which I imagine would be a lot like calamari or octopus - I'd probably braise it like octopus tentacles, do something Asian style.  Garlic, ginger, chili flake.  Maybe tempura batter and fry some of them, serve with a ginger-wasabi aioli.

Thank you.  That should come in handy.

Also don't worry Scarlet, you weren't alone.  I'm just a bit too wary of messing with other people's characters.  Too much history with RPs that expressly forbid that.

Offline Doctor_Chill

• RPG Ringleader and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Ta'veren
  • You've been pugged.
    • View Profile
    • Acerbic Writing
« Reply #301 on: August 11, 2014, 11:20:55 PM »
Alright guys, I didn't think I'd have to say this, but stop with the reality altering stuff. Seriously. You're trying to fix confusion by creating more. I don't see the problem with this "fanfiction." Wouldn't consider it as such. That's like saying you have a problem with the Godzilla incident. Or Cthulhu. It's supposed to be random and fun. Switching the entire scenery every five seconds does not make it fun.

We change little things, start action and stuff, not change the plot or scenery unless it makes complete sense. High off fumes ranks up there with dream sequences.

Just not in the castle.
That's what we'd agreed here earlier too.

I'm not sure where we agreed to this. And I don't see the problem with it.

I probably sound more aggravated than I am. I'm more aggravated that I had to say this. Quite frankly, I don't see the confusion. It's only happened once with Gariath's post. Other than that, I think we're fine. I don't want this to be argumentative and changing willy-nilly. I don't want to have to write these posts. Just have fun and go with the flow.

If you have a problem, PM me or Charlie. But no more reality altering stuff.
“It’s a dangerous thing, pretense. A man ought to know who he is, even if he isn’t proud to be it.” - Tomorrow the Killing, Daniel Polansky

Offline Doctor_Chill

• Writing Group
  • Ta'veren
  • You've been pugged.
    • View Profile
    • Acerbic Writing
« Reply #302 on: August 12, 2014, 01:06:56 AM »
On a much brighter note - oh, who am I kidding? I can't even make black humor right now. Robin Williams is dead! How can we go on?
“It’s a dangerous thing, pretense. A man ought to know who he is, even if he isn’t proud to be it.” - Tomorrow the Killing, Daniel Polansky

Offline ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #303 on: August 12, 2014, 07:51:57 AM »
Sorry :-[ I won't do it again, promise
I've deleted my post, you can restart
(maybe Ben can delete his too, but his isn't so bad)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 09:55:38 AM by ScarletBea »
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" - Douglas Adams

Offline JonRock411

« Reply #304 on: August 12, 2014, 09:45:21 AM »
Yeah, you're right Chill.  I've been out of it since Sunday so the randomness got to me a bit more than it should, honestly it isn't that big a deal to me.  (To my character though, that's a whole other matter.)   

Also...Robin Williams is dead?  :'(

Offline Yuan François

• Godling
  • Love is a sweet poison, but it kills nevertheless.
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: August 12, 2014, 03:53:54 PM »
Robin Williams is dead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????!!!!!!
"It seems to me most strange that men should fear; Seeing that death, a necessary end, will come when it will come."
-Julius Caesar, William Shakespeare

http://enygmatickid.wordpress.com/

https://princeandprodigy.wordpress.com/

Offline MTMaenpaa

« Reply #306 on: August 12, 2014, 05:31:19 PM »
Yes, Robin Williams has died.  He lived near my neighborhood in San Francisco and I saw him on the street several times.  The one brief interaction I had with him, telling him how important his work had been to me, he was very kind.  It's a loss and depression is no joke.

In honor of the old fool, Cole will now be Patch Adams.

j/k
Foodie, Chef, Writer, Reader, Father, Geek

http://laughingcook.wordpress.com/

Offline AlmightyZael

« Reply #307 on: August 14, 2014, 10:31:51 PM »
*A handsome man enters*

Yo, dudes and ladies. What did I miss? :)
Hope everyone's been keeping well :)
Up Helly Aah!

Offline ScarletBea

• Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #308 on: August 15, 2014, 08:02:41 AM »
Yay!
(although I'll hold back my opinion on 'handsome' ;))
Can you please move the story along a bit, after my blunder? I'm waiting for something more before I dare enter again, hehe

"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" - Douglas Adams

Offline MTMaenpaa

« Reply #309 on: August 16, 2014, 08:33:58 PM »
Sorry, I've been dealing with some personal matters and a sudden need for new employment.  Let's move the story!  How can I help?  I feel like I've been posting a lot...
Foodie, Chef, Writer, Reader, Father, Geek

http://laughingcook.wordpress.com/

Offline Doctor_Chill

• Writing Group
  • Ta'veren
  • You've been pugged.
    • View Profile
    • Acerbic Writing
« Reply #310 on: August 16, 2014, 11:24:40 PM »
Sorry, I've been dealing with some personal matters and a sudden need for new employment.  Let's move the story!  How can I help?  I feel like I've been posting a lot...

Ooh. That always sucks. Hope you find a job soon.

Sorry I've been away. Been getting ready to move into college next week and all that jive. Might be on and off some more for a few weeks. But let's get the story moving again. Hmm. Well, let's just figure it out as we go. Maybe get out of the castle? Storm Charlie's forces? Yuan gets his sub-plot together so we can get off the island?

Offline AlmightyZael

« Reply #311 on: August 17, 2014, 12:35:17 AM »
Woah, Scarlet!
Even the Great Overlord sings songs of my rugged good looks when he's feeling down :P

But in all seriousness, sorry I haven't been posting. I might not be able to add anything to the story just yet but I'm gonna try and make the time for it soon :)

Good luck with college, Chill. Y'all better have fun!
Up Helly Aah!

Offline Doctor_Chill

• Writing Group
  • Ta'veren
  • You've been pugged.
    • View Profile
    • Acerbic Writing
« Reply #312 on: December 03, 2014, 12:37:51 AM »
Just thought I'd add something: Created a new RP on a different forum, with almost 20 people and counting. Things are hectic, and we've barely started. (namely because they don't want to start at the same place, and when they do, everybody attacks at once with hanging conversations. Nor can anybody "go with the flow" if it goes against their version of the plot.) I actually find it pretty funny, and scary. They want to make a Skype group chat to "get a sense of things."

Insane, I know. Really resisting the urge to jump the gun and throw everything down the crazy well. Which is to say, they don't know what nonsense I have up my sleeve yet, and I'm afraid they won't like it.

Also, I'm off my crutch with Doc. Using a posh, arrogant prick of a nobleman, so props to Charlie for the idea!

To make a long story short, I'm dealing with RPers that go for the prodigy magician orphan the first chance they get. Or shapeshifting crows. This is going to be interesting. Can't wait for the Ye Olde English coyotes to attack. Wonder how they'll make sense of that.

Offline ScarletBea

• Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #313 on: December 03, 2014, 07:57:21 AM »
^ good to hear that, and that you're having fun with it :)

I was disappointed that ours just vanished, and also with myself that I wanted things to be so 'proper' and 'logical' hehehe You can't really get away from who you are deep down, right? ;)

Offline Doctor_Chill

• Writing Group
  • Ta'veren
  • You've been pugged.
    • View Profile
    • Acerbic Writing
« Reply #314 on: December 03, 2014, 03:26:58 PM »
Not at all. :p

I just wanted to clarify and thank all of y'all who were in these last few RPGs. It's great to have fantasy veterans around for this.