December 06, 2019, 12:38:21 PM

Author Topic: RPG 2016: Chill's Recruiting Thread  (Read 14358 times)

Offline tebakutis

• Falsely Puffed Up Rascal Pig and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Master Namer
    • View Profile
    • www.tebakutis.com
Re: RPG 2016: Chill's Recruiting Thread
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2016, 04:43:44 AM »
Tomas was more than a bit annoyed with Twixsy's revealation. He had killed himself during an affair with a clownfish? No wonder he couldn't remember how he had become a ghost! That was a terribly embarrassing way to go out. Perhaps he had blocked it from his memory to make a decade as a ghost a tiny bit more bearable.

The door burst open, and there stood the replicas, which was a bit shocking because Tomas had been absolutely sure the others were simply spinning some bull****. Tomas felt his insubstantial jaw open as, at the back of the pack, he saw a doppelganger ghost. Just like him in every way, except ... this ghost had a goatee.

And it could giggle!

"Tomas!" Twixsey proclaimed. "But ... then who is this?"

Tomas' goateed doppleganger gave Tomas a wicked smile and a wink. So he had been trailing the party, giggling and causing problems for this whole time. Tomas has been out-trolled!

This indignity could not stand. Tomas would make them pay for this humiliation! He concentrated, squinting his eyes and clenching his fists, huffing and puffing without sound as he worked to focus all his mental and ghostly might on punishing the dopplegangers for the ruse. He pushed ... and pushed ...

There was a tiny gust of wind, and a pencil resting on the desk rolled half an inch.

Tomas, exhausted, stared as the dopplegangers burst out laughing.

Offline Doctor_Chill

• RPG Ringleader and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Ta'veren
  • You've been pugged.
    • View Profile
    • Acerbic Writing
« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2016, 06:04:49 AM »
They didn't laugh for long. "Goatees! They're wearing goatees!" Scarlet blurted out and pointed. "This must mean Atku's coming back. Oh no! Oh dear Velma no! I thought we had done him in for good. Where's that goat?"

"I think Waka's running with it now. Or JayMack." Arthur scratched his head and kept one eye on his doppleganger, the other curiously on Ackbar and Miss Twixsy's prolonged, er, introductions. "Not entirely sure, though."

"I'm more worried about these brothers of our's," Doc commented. He produced a pistol and leveled it at the newcomers. "What are you here for?"

"We're here to warn you, haha," the other-ghost shook and giggled.

"We're here to tell you off," other-Doc drawled.

"We're here to stop you," other-Arthur raised his cane in a fighting stance.

"Oh bugger off!" Lexi told them.
“It’s a dangerous thing, pretense. A man ought to know who he is, even if he isn’t proud to be it.” - Tomorrow the Killing, Daniel Polansky

Offline Nighteyes

• Send me Leopard Erotica.
  • Ringbearer
  • OH WOW! JUST WORKED OUT HOW TO DO THIS!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2016, 09:30:16 AM »
"It's a brawl!" shouted Admiral Ackbar. He then picked up a bar stool and smashed it over the Doc's head.
"Not me, you idiot!" screamed the Doc. "Hit the dopelgangers with the goatie beards!"
"Whoops!" said Ackbar sheepishly. He then grabbed another stool and broke it over evil doppelganger Doc.
A classic saloon bar brawl broke out. Glasses were broken. Arthur was sent sliding down the bar. Evil doppelganger Lexi was sent flying through a window, which shattered on impact sending glass flying everywhere. It was actually fun.
And amongst all this fun Scarlett sidled up to the Doc. "Oh thank god for your evil doppelganger. For a minute there I doubted you, and thought you might be a pervert.  I will never doubt you again!"
"Yep. I am no pervert, Marm. You would never catch me spending a night here with the quite reasonable rates Madame Troutface charges, including a fry up breakfast in the morning. No soree. That's for degenerates like my evil doppelganger and the admiral."
"Where has the Admiral gone?" asked Scarlett.
"Last I saw he went off with that Twixsie," Arthur called over to them as he fought off two doppelgangers with his trusted staff.
"Darn that perverted lobster!" cursed the Doc.
"Hey you should put that on a t shirt, Doc!" bellowed Ackbar as he sauntered into the bar with Twixsie hanging of one of his pinchers,  knocking the doppelganger of Arthur out with a pool cue as he did. "Twixsie gave me the location of Squiddles."
"And the Admiral gave me a pearl necklace!" Twixsie giggled.
"Oh gross Ackbar!" Lexi grumbled.
"Look!" Twixsie giggled, waving a very expensive looking pearl necklace in the air.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 09:42:33 AM by Nighteyes »
The Real Powers That Be

Offline Doctor_Chill

• RPG Ringleader and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Ta'veren
  • You've been pugged.
    • View Profile
    • Acerbic Writing
« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2016, 03:50:16 PM »
And with every bar fight, there had to be the usual piano player playing that old saloon song (no, not the Burn Halo one). "This lively enough for ya?" the withered old lobster at the keys started pounding.

Doc got hit over the head again by a chair and grunted some confirmation.

"Good." And on and on the piano player went, up until Arthur had knocked the dopplegangers to the ground with his big ole stick, sorry, cane of his.
“It’s a dangerous thing, pretense. A man ought to know who he is, even if he isn’t proud to be it.” - Tomorrow the Killing, Daniel Polansky

Offline Nighteyes

• Send me Leopard Erotica.
  • Ringbearer
  • OH WOW! JUST WORKED OUT HOW TO DO THIS!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2016, 04:35:48 PM »
With the doppelgangers laid out in the floor, and the saloon bar looking like a bad day in Baghdad, the lobster at the piano took out a French Hirn and began playing the Final Post.
"OUT! OUT!" screamed Madame Troutface in what sounded suspiciously more cockney now than French. "Never show yer faces around 'ere again!"
The group took off, Twixsey in tow, to find Squiddles.
"She is camping out in the Rose gardens of Elfy's library," Twixsey explained. "Apparently some big king guy called Jman, or summat, was gonna pay her for the Schmoking Dutchman. Says he wants to burn it so it ll never sail again."
As they reached the Rose Gardens, they were greeted by the sight of King JayMack taking the fin of a beautiful tuna fish with Emma Stone's legs and kissing it.
The Real Powers That Be