December 08, 2019, 03:48:11 PM

Author Topic: RPG 2016: Chill's Recruiting Thread  (Read 14414 times)

Offline tebakutis

• Falsely Puffed Up Rascal Pig and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Master Namer
    • View Profile
    • www.tebakutis.com
Re: RPG 2016: Chill's Recruiting Thread
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2016, 01:53:42 AM »
Glancing at the commotion, the ghost smirked and pointed in the direction Ackbar had been dragged off. The message was clear. Fishsticks were on the menu.

Offline ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2016, 04:12:24 AM »
'Ok, hanging around libraries finding new stuff is all very nice and dandy, but now we know, and we're missing a key thing'. Scarlet was feeling annoyed.

'What key thing?', Doc asked, trying not to look at the image of Ackbar banging constantly against the shelves.

'Erm.... transportation!!!', Scarlet screamed in frustration. 'Just how are we all going to reach this island?'

Arthur smiled and said slowly 'I might have an idea'
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" - Douglas Adams

Offline ArcaneArtsVelho

• Secretly I'm laughing about jurassic raccoon testicles. And a Writing Contest Regular
  • Auror
  • Only partially responsible for my custom title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2016, 06:47:46 PM »
(No need to wait for my response if I’m not around. ;)  Been a little busy today.)

Arthur paused. It was a long pause.

“Well?” Scarlet asked, trying to expedite things.

“Well what?” Arthur looked puzzled.

“You said you might have an idea regarding transportation.”

“Oh. Yes, I thought that I might have had an idea, but it was a false alarm.”

“What!” Scarlet wondered with her mouth and eyes wide open. She was quite adept; it’s pretty difficult to pronounce anything with your mouth wide open. “You can’t say something like that if you don’t actually have an idea.”

“Guys.”

“Sure you can. I just did.”

“I’m with Red on this one,” Doc took part.

“Jigglypuff.”

“'I might have something' implies also that 'I might not have.'”

“It doesn’t work that w—”

“GUYS!” Lexi screamed and finally got their attention. “Shouldn’t we do something about that.” She pointed at the tentacle monster that was trashing Ackbar. It sounded as if the beast was playing Darth Vader’s theme with the calamari-man.

“We might have to,”Arthur snorted.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 06:54:37 PM by ArcaneArtsVelho »
Everything I wrote above is pure conjecture. I don't know what I'm talking about.

I'm a perfectionist but not very good at anything. That's why I rarely finish things.

Offline Nighteyes

• Send me Leopard Erotica.
  • Ringbearer
  • OH WOW! JUST WORKED OUT HOW TO DO THIS!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2016, 12:23:29 AM »
The rathter's tentacles squeezed tighter and tighter around poor Ackbar. Sometimes he wondered if any of them had seen his new film. The toothy mouth opened and closed, Ackbar gulped. He would either have the life crushed out of him by the rathter's tentacles or be mauled by its sharp, menacing fangs. A fate of a nerfherder, not worthy of an admiral like himself. If only he had some form of weapon. He should have hung onto that lightsaber he had been carrying for a certain jedi knight. Then there was the sound of a pistol being fired.
"Cthulu darn it!" bellowed Ackbar at the pubescent Doc. "My skull can not repel bullets being fired at that magnitude!"
The Real Powers That Be

Offline tebakutis

• Writing Group
  • Master Namer
    • View Profile
    • www.tebakutis.com
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2016, 01:19:33 AM »
The ghost smirked, watching the chaos with passing interesting. So these folks *also* enjoyed messing with the living. Perhaps he had found himself an interesting crowd to follow around and screw with, after all. And the sleeping. Blessed sleeping! The worst thing about being a ghost is you never got to sleep, and wandering over a decade without sleep had left the ghost in a very annoyed mood.

That's when the ghost had an idea. He zipped over to Scarlet, waving his arms, then to Lexi. He pointed to Jigglypuff, then to their own ears, then to the admiral. And the giant tentacled beast that was still very much awake.

If they put the beast to sleep to save their fishy friend, the ghost might get to sleep again too.

Offline Doctor_Chill

• RPG Ringleader and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Ta'veren
  • You've been pugged.
    • View Profile
    • Acerbic Writing
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2016, 05:43:14 AM »
Doc fired off round after round, only half of them coming close to the Admiral's head. "Heh," he let slip once, but that was it. His humor dissipated when the tentacles started coming after him! He sprung over behind the nearest shelf and yelled, "Red, you got any Magic Missiles up your sleeve?"

She scoffed and readied her book of spells. "Do I look like a Lvl. 1 D&D Sorceress to you?" She flipped through the book but clumsily dropped it when a tentacle slithered past her feet. She stomped at it after regaining her composure. "On second thought, don't answer that."

Arthur readied his cane gun after finding a second drum (we don't ask where it came from) while Lexi produced...what was her weapon of choice again? Wait, is that a dagger? What's she going to do with a dagger? Is she...is she about to throw it?!

But no, she had a recorder out now, sitting cross-legged on the floor and playing alongside Mr. Jiggles. "Lex, what the hell are you doing?!" Doc yelled from across the aisle. He finished reloading and emptied another canister at the tentacled beast. It did nothing. Not even Scarlet's smiling fire ball or AR's AR ammo could stop the thing.

"I'm working my own magic, dammit!" Lexi yelled back, balancing the knife hilt on the tip of her nose, and proceeded to make the group's eardrums bleed with her melody.
“It’s a dangerous thing, pretense. A man ought to know who he is, even if he isn’t proud to be it.” - Tomorrow the Killing, Daniel Polansky

Offline tebakutis

• Writing Group
  • Master Namer
    • View Profile
    • www.tebakutis.com
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2016, 05:56:23 PM »
The ghost hurried over to stand beside Mr. Jiggles, cheering on both Lexi and the bulbous Pokemon. If he was lucky, this time he might even dream again. If he wasn't, at least he'd get another break from the drudgery of endless ghostdom. He patted Mr. Jiggles with an insubstantial hand and pumped his fist encouragingly.

Offline ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2016, 09:44:57 PM »
'I wish we'd find a better kind of protection than these ear-plugs', Scarlet complained while removing a half-melted thing from her ear. 'It smells a lot like cheese'

The ghost laughed. Of course it was a silent laugh, but there was no mistaking the grin.

Arthur appeared suddenly behind her, giving her a scare.
'Oh for crying out loud, you need to stop doing that. I've got dangerous things in my arms... erm... had... could have... oh just stop sneaking up on me!'
'But...'
'What?', she was quickly losing what little patience she had.

Doc tried to calm her down 'Give him a break, Red. I bet he's just trying to help'

'Hmmmm ok - I just like my cheese on toast, not my ears. What do you want? Any more ideas you might have?' (direct and to the point, that was our Scarlet)
'I found this slim book under the desk over there. It says "Spells to stop random tentacles coming from library shelves", I wonder if it'd be useful', Arthur whispered.

Scarlet's eyes popped. She was soon speaking gibberish and waving her hands around, and in a few seconds Ackbar was panting on the floor, the tentacles vanishing behind the large 'worldbuilding without stories' section of the library.

'There. Another book for my collection'. And it disappeared inside her cloak.
'Now. Can we seriously think about transportation? We've concluded that Arthur does not have ideas, so, anybody else?'
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" - Douglas Adams

Offline Nighteyes

• Ringbearer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2016, 10:11:06 PM »
"Do none of you listen to me?" blubbered Ackbar. "The Schmoking Dutchman was stolen by a Maidmer wench from the nearby brothel. We just need to find the wench, then we will find the boat! It's a cinch!"
"A brothel! I am disgusted, Ackbar! Mortified. Wenches, a brothel, disgusting!" snapped the Doc.
"You are over doing it," giggled the ghost.
"Never been to one in my life..."the Doc tailed off.
"How far is it?" asked Scarlett.
"Oh not far," replied the Doc. "We just need to head down to the port, and it's opposite the fish and chip shop. You know. 'Oh my cod!'"
"Opposite 'Oh my Cod!'? Oh no! I once borrowed a lipstick from a lady in a leather mini dress waiting outside!" Scarlett blushed furiously and rubbed at her lips.

The Real Powers That Be

Offline SugoiMe

« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2016, 12:56:50 AM »
Lexi looked perplexed. Did the ghost just talk or had she just heard things?
"And then the time came when the risk it took to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anais Nin

Offline Doctor_Chill

• RPG Ringleader and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Ta'veren
  • You've been pugged.
    • View Profile
    • Acerbic Writing
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2016, 04:01:50 AM »
The ghost was back to flailing, seeing as he hadn't fallen asleep, damn that sorceress!

"Oh my God, not 'Oh my Cod!' I haven't been able to step foot in there since the war," Arthur trailed off. He shook his hand at the ceiling and muttered something about dragons. The crew ignored him.

"So that's where we gotta go." Doc turned to the Admiral. "So, do you remember what this, er, Maidmer looks like?"

Ackbar scratched his head. "Why would I remember that?"

Jiggylpuff puffed out his cheeks in frustration.
“It’s a dangerous thing, pretense. A man ought to know who he is, even if he isn’t proud to be it.” - Tomorrow the Killing, Daniel Polansky

Offline Nighteyes

• Ringbearer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2016, 10:56:27 AM »
"Well crew, looks like we need to visit this brothel I have never stepped foot into before. Now remember I have one of those faces, so some of the wenches might think they know me, but really they know someone who looks a bit like me," explained the Doc carefully.
The Ghost battered at a shelf, creating a breeze which rippled through the various sea shells sitting on it, making a sound which sounded like, "You are over doing it, Doc" along with a little giggle.
"And some of those other clients that look a bit like me, might also have been called Doc," added the Doc.
"That all sounds very plausible," nodded Arthur wisely. "I know there are other heavily tatooed men called Brother Arthur who like to visit that brothel. Very embarrassing for me, but quite logical really."
"If any of the maidmers recognise me," added Ackbar, "It will be because they couldn't repel charm of my magnitude!"
"Or your money," muttered Lexi.

The group headed down to the port, leaving the library of Elfy behind.  As they left, a robot pressed into their hands a copy each of a 'Long Way to an Angry Planet' by Becky Chamber.  They although refused the copies of Mira Grant the robot also tried to force on their hands. The ghost floated behind them, and was able to occasionally communicate through a large conch shell that Lexi carried for it.  The phrases were very limited though, and usually seemed to mock the others in the group.   After ameal of fish and chips at 'Oh My Cod!' the group entered the brothel.  Scarlet wore her hood up so no one would know she had gone into a den of inequity.  As they entered, a creature with the head and body of an old trout, but a pair of voluptuous human legs encased in stockings and a thong,slapped its fins. "It is my favourite clients, ze famouz Admiral Ackbar, ze Doc, and ze Brother Zarthur," she said in a bad French accent.
"Ummm, she is referring to my identical twin brother who is also a Doctor," the Doc explained.
"Yes, me too," Arthur added.  "He also has the exact same tattoos as me as well."
"Hello, Madame Troutface," Ackbar excitedly greeted the Maidmer.  "I wonder if you remember where I parked my ship, last time I visited?  I think the comely wench I spent the night with might have accidentally taken the keys?"
"Mademoiselle Squiddles? She left my establishment that same night.  We haven't seen her since.  She owed me quite a bit as well."
"Curses!"  replied Ackbar.  "Any ideas where she might have gone?"
Just then a pair of luscuous legs with stockings and a garter on, accompanied by the body of a gorgeous clownfish sauntered in. "Oh Doc! You've come back for round two! I am still aching!"
"Ahhh my twin brother. He is quite the lover I hear!" blustered the Doc.
"Non, non mon amour. Why so shy?" she giggled as she caressed his face with a pair of fins.
"Ahh, Mademoiselle Twixsy. Our favourite clients were just asking about the whereabouts of Squiddles.  Any ideas?"
"I might have an idea, if Doctor Stud here pays for Round 2 and 3!" Twixsy giggled.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 03:15:33 PM by Nighteyes »
The Real Powers That Be

Offline ArcaneArtsVelho

• Secretly I'm laughing about jurassic raccoon testicles. And a Writing Contest Regular
  • Auror
  • Only partially responsible for my custom title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2016, 09:45:10 PM »
“She might have an idea or she might not,” Scarlet whispered, finally accepting the truth about that word.

Arthur concurred. “Yes, this almost feels like a tr—“

“Like a splendid idea,” the admiral interrupted. “I’m dying to let these ladies taste my crab stick... Oh, no, no, no! That came out wrong.”

As the disgusted maidmers moved away from the crab-stick calamari-man, Doc spoke, “I’m willing to pay for those rounds, but sadly I don’t… I mean, my brother doesn’t have the time to stay here to enjoy your company right now because I... he… well, we need to find Squiddels as soon as possible.

Twixsy was visibly disappointed but eventually took the money. “Squiddels is…” She paused, looking flabbergasted, as she spotted the ghost. “Tomas? Is that really you? My favourite client. It’s been years. Where have you been?”

Everything I wrote above is pure conjecture. I don't know what I'm talking about.

I'm a perfectionist but not very good at anything. That's why I rarely finish things.

Offline Nighteyes

• Ringbearer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2016, 10:08:01 PM »
The ghost looked bashful.
"We were like Romeo and Juliet," explained Twixsey. "Except I didn't stab myself. When I realised he had killed himself for realsies, well he was a wonderful lover, but not worth killing myself over."
The ghost looked slightly perturbed then nodded his head in agreement. After all those years he realised he had been a bit reckless.
"With my lover gone, and my family disowning me, I decided to use the skills Tomas taught me to make some money."
The ghost looked rather annoyed at this information and decided to square off with the young Doc who had been bouncing on his grave so to speak. As the ghost glowered at the clueless Doc, there was a large bang at the brothel saloon doors swung open. To everyone's amazement, there were standing the dopelgangers of the Doc and Arthur. The same in every detail except for one thing. Both of them had goatie beards.
"It's a twist!" shouted out Admiral Ackbar.
The Real Powers That Be

Offline SugoiMe

« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2016, 01:18:40 AM »
Since the plot twist had diverted everyone's attention, Lexi decided to slip away.  She used to the opportunity to do a little thieving, snagging purses and looking inconspicuous.  Well, trying to.  The customers of the brothel weren't that easy to steal off of since most were aquatic variations of people and could easily camouflage to the colours of their purses and money pouches.  Some had fins that covered their bags and Lexi could only investigate the bags belonging to oblivious drunkards.

When she rejoined the group, her bag was full of coins.  She knew they would come in handy if they had to rent a means of transportation.

Meanwhile, both replicas and group continued to stare at each other for an unfathomable amount of time.  Mr. Jiggles, perplexed at the sight of twin brothers--or clones--whatever they were--went up to the newcomers and began poking and prodding them, all the while glancing from the pair to back at the others, then back at the pair.

"Jiggly..."

"I'm just as confused as you are Mr. Jiggles," said Lexi, who had joined in poking and stretching their faces.
"And then the time came when the risk it took to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anais Nin