December 11, 2019, 10:44:31 AM

Author Topic: RPG 2016: Chill's Crew and the Search for Windbreaker Island  (Read 23254 times)

Offline Lady Ty

• Blessed River Lady and Defender of Baby Dragons
  • Ta'veren
  • So-Old-That-She-Can-Nearly-Be-Called-Oldest-Ty
    • View Profile
Re: RPG 2016: Chill's Crew and the Search for Windbreaker Island
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2016, 05:25:31 AM »
There was the peace and quiet of content in the kitchen. Conan and Arthur had arrived at supper with a wedding cake to share around, which they had somehow liberated from the trout-man.

The Millenium Talcum juddered then lurched violently, throwing pots and cauldrons over the sleeping red heads and the dragons. Oggy dropped her bottle of Laphroaig and swore.

"Grommits and Widgets, who's flying this thing?"

"Mr Nobody, woooooo, woooo" whispered Justin sidling past through the shadows. He was quite pleased with that effort until a hand grabbed his ear and Oggy glared at him.

"You really think I didn't know you were lurking about on the chance of left over deep fried seagull and corn? Right now you get up on the flight deck and start flying this ship straight and true and make sure you do it properly none of that  it'll do and don't think I won't notice I've got eyes at the back of my hat and several spare pairs tucked around the ship so just hurry up and get on with it until I can get the main male protagonists back to lead which is what they're supposed to be doing of course but they're only men always get sidetracked led away easily and with the ideas Ackbar comes up with you never know." Oggy  grumbled.

PC was a foreign, unwelcome and completely inconceivable concept as far as she was concerned. She teleported Justin up to the  flight deck and sent Leon after him just in case of whatever. And because she was in a paddy.

"Wowweee,"  thought Justin, glad to escape. He was wide awake again and energised beyond a thousand rabbit drumming duracells.  "Start the theme music and the disappearing titles, Galactic Emperor Commodore High Lord Justin is in charge right here and now."

Leon arrived quietly and wondered what he was in for next. He checked his white gloves, stroked the bunny in his pocket and tried to remember what was living in the top hat today and how many of them there were.

Meanwhile back in the kitchen…………

"Never in the right place at the right time, those two, Jean Luc and Uhuru, Hook and Tinkerbell, Aubrey and Maturin, Oh Flying FiddleSticks – them -  Chill and Jaymack. Can never remember which adventure I'm in at the moment, too much flying and sailing, really hope we get a spell on land soon. And what are you girls pointing at?"

"There are strange symbols on your forehead, are they wards of protection ? Or sigils of knowledge?" asked Scarlet.

"And why have they just appeared?  They seem to be 2C+1.5DC+LLL." Larabeth wondered if Scarlet knew she had writing on her forehead as well.

"Aaah, that splendid," Oggy's good humour returned as her favourite subject popped up.

"I was trying to remember that recipe last night, before I fell into a drunken stupor, gentle snooze. Those are the proportions for the yummiest Chocolate Oglicious Truffles* in the Universe and when I have time to break a few walls I'll share it around.  But no time now, please could you look for the Doc, Scarlet? Perhaps Larabeth and Lanko  could persuade Jaymack to take charge of his flight deck again. Just remind him I could summon the dead if I was really pushed."

* Anyone who can guess the formula gets 20 bonus Likes  ;D ;D
“This is the problem with even lesser demons. They come to your doorstep in velvet coats and polished shoes. They tip their hats and smile and demonstrate good table manners. They never show you their tails.” 
Leigh Bardugo, The Language of Thorns: Midnight Tales and Dangerous Magic

Online Henry Dale

• The Unsummonable and a Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Gentleman Bastard
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2016, 07:00:01 AM »
Henry happened to stumble by. He was unused to ship flying proper straight.
Ooh a guessing game! I do love guessing games.
2 cream + 1.5 dark chocolate + does L stand for liquor?

Offline ultamentkiller

« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2016, 07:07:02 AM »
Full of energy, Justin started hammering at the controls, not really sure what he was doing. He looked out of the window and, sure enough, crabs were still falling from the sky, smashing the ship and pushing it in different directions. After messing with the computer for a while, he found the destination chooser which pulled up a map of all the surrounding objects. Justin clicked on the image of a crab.
The ship began jerking and flying off in random directions. At least to everyone else on the ship. To Justin and Leon, crab blood was spattered all across the cameras. One creature was sucked straight into the engine. Justin couldn't help but wonder how many of those it would take until the ship blew up. Oh well. He was having the time of his life. Leon, still not understanding any of this, closed his eyes and hummed the dreamy song.

Offline Lady Ty

• Ta'veren
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2016, 09:58:39 AM »
Spoiler for Hiden:
Henry happened to stumble by. He was unused to ship flying proper straight.
Ooh a guessing game! I do love guessing games.
2 cream + 1.5 dark chocolate + does L stand for liquor?

Completely oblivious to the erratic behaviour of the rest of the ship, Henry and Oggy were safe  in the kitchen which had just been restored to order from the last juddery lurch session and stabilised with a spell from Scarlet's twinkly fingers.

"Congratulations Henry, not quite right but close enough for Likes "  Oggy said. " Should have remembered you gave us that incredibly yummy dessert. You folk from Belgarium, all natural born ChocoMages. Delighted  to share the recipe."

Mr Whiskers was making hungry meow sounds and his whiskers were twitching wildly. Henry and Oggy both sniffed and looked at each other in anticipation.

"Seafood cocktails, dude, most excellent " they cried, with joyous excitement and enthusiasm.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Chocolate Liqueur Truffles

This looks long but it isn't hard at all.

Ingredients

200gm 70% Dark Chocolate

150ml Double Cream

Lots Lovely Liqueur – but really only 1-2 tablespoons
Have used Bailey's Irish Cream, Cointreau, Tia Maria, Brandy, Rum all great - your choice

Coating – choose from cocoa, chocolate nibs, grated white chocolate, toasted finely chopped nuts such as pistachio, macadamias, pecans etc

Small paper cases

Method

1. Break up chocolate into pieces and put in medium sized mixing bowl.

2. Pour cream into small non stick saucepan and bring to the boil over medium heat stirring all the time. This is the only hard part, keep watching and stirring, until fairly brisk boil begins. Must watch. :)

3. Pour over chocolate stirring smoothly together until all chocolate has melted.

4. Add liqueur, stirring hard and starting with 1 tablespoon and then by the teaspoon until you have reached your desired taste. I usually find 2 tablespoons is our limit, more can be overpowering and balance not right.

5. Leave to chill and thicken in fridge at least 2 hours, best overnight, but do not cover until cold because you get condensation drops. *

6. Spread plenty of coating in a baking tray and scoop rounded teaspoons into the coating a few at a time, rolling into balls as you coat. Don't be tempted to make too big, they are very rich indeed.This can be sticky, work fast, in a cool kitchen. Put mix back in fridge if necessary.

7. Once they are coated put straight into paper case and leave in cool dry place to dry out for a while, even overnight. Store in containers in fridge for up to 2 weeks if they last that long. They won't.

* You can leave all or part of the mixture at this stage, covered in the fridge for up to 10 days, then finish off the day before you need them.
NB  I made some with equal quantities cream and chocolate, rich but too soft and hard to handle. Would have been good for a cake topping, it is really a ganache mix.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 12:14:22 AM by Lady_Ty »
“This is the problem with even lesser demons. They come to your doorstep in velvet coats and polished shoes. They tip their hats and smile and demonstrate good table manners. They never show you their tails.” 

Online Henry Dale

• The Unsummonable and a Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Gentleman Bastard
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2016, 11:07:58 AM »
'I have won the Internet.' Said Henry with his mouth stuffed with chocolate. Mr Whiskers gave him a nasty look. Conan had burst into another song with Oggy.

Meanwhile, the ship was nearing Windbreaker Island, but a large storm elemental with a thousand tornadoes and lightning bolts blocked their path!

Online ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2016, 11:12:29 AM »
"I should start earning my place in the team and use one of my spells to send the tornadoes and lightning bolts out of our path, but I don't know if I should be bothered...", thought Scarlet.
"Then again, the pilot, whoever he is at the moment, could just go around the storm, let someone else do the work for once.
I keep telling people to run to the side, but does anyone listen to me? Of course not, so if they get crushed, it's their fault.
Oh wait, this time I'm inside the ship!"

Up there in the cockpit, a voice suddenly boomed "Turn the stupid ship, you moron pilot, don't drive into the storm!"
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

I'm "She Who Reigns Over Us All In Crimson Cheer", according to Peat!

Offline Nighteyes

• Send me Leopard Erotica.
  • Ringbearer
  • OH WOW! JUST WORKED OUT HOW TO DO THIS!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2016, 04:13:19 PM »
Meanwhile in a dimension now far away, David Bowie and Freddie Mercury had just finished an incredible rendition of 'Under pressure' accompanied by Jimi Hendrix on guitar.  The Captain turned to Alan Rickman and Terry Pratchett. "If I knew death was this much, I would have died years ago!"
The Real Powers That Be

Offline ultamentkiller

« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2016, 05:11:18 PM »
"Leon, did you say something?" Justin was shouting over the noise produced by the angry elemental.
"No! I thought I heard someone else though! Someone else maybe? How is this storm possible right now? What is that thing?" Justin shrugged.
"Well, only one way to find out." Justin selected the elemental on the destination finder. The ship rocketed straight towards it.

Offline Doctor_Chill

• RPG Ringleader and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Ta'veren
  • You've been pugged.
    • View Profile
    • Acerbic Writing
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2016, 06:00:33 PM »
They bounded faster than a speeding bullet, straight into the tempest where a deep rumbling chuckle met them. "Haha, you fools! None shall pass. I know of your quest for the seven pieces of eight, and one resides here on this very island. No, I shall protect -- urgh, what was that?!"

Galactic Emperor Commodore High Lord Justin turned around and saw nothing behind him but two dangling feet from the sun roof. "Leon, what are you --?"

"I'm giving it all she's got, Captain!" He was on the boom stick, working the only magic he knew how to do. It fired off rounds and rounds of gummy bears and every now and then, drop bears for that extra kick in firepower. "AAAAAAAAAAH!!!"

Justin grabbed the controllers harder this time and prayed to Tom Cruise (hallowed by his name) to give him some insight on piloting this thing. "All those days of watching Top Gun have to pay off!"

And into the belly of the beast they dove.
“It’s a dangerous thing, pretense. A man ought to know who he is, even if he isn’t proud to be it.” - Tomorrow the Killing, Daniel Polansky

Online ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2016, 06:12:08 PM »
Scarlet sighed and whispered, 'Nobody ever listens to me anymore...', while eating the gummy bears that fell from Leon's gun.
'Run to the side, I said...'
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 06:17:42 PM by ScarletBea »
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

I'm "She Who Reigns Over Us All In Crimson Cheer", according to Peat!

Offline Lanko

• Sherlanko Holmes, Jiin Wei and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Khaleesi
    • View Profile
    • Lanko's Goodreads
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2016, 11:59:30 PM »
How did Conan got into the ship? thought Lanko. He also tail swiped Mr.Whiskers out of the ship since everybody was terrified of the storm and no one was looking.

Then the constant lightning hitting the ship fried all the electronic systems. Everyone was surrounded by darkness and irregular red flashes of the emergency alarms.

"Everyone to their stations!" shouted Jmack.

"Actually, nobody has personal stations and responsibilities here," said Scarlett. This time everyone looked with shock at her.

Something large hit the ship and everyone fell or was tossed around.

"We're being boarded by someone!" shouted Oggy.

"Or something", said Scarlett.

"Go do something, you all!" said Lanko, stretching his limbs and laying on the sofa with his two redheads. 

Slow and steady wins the race.

Lanko's Year in Books 2019

Offline Lady Ty

• Ta'veren
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2016, 12:54:18 AM »
" OMG it's the Space Monster Men " groaned Conan." I so hate that song, it's even more annoying than the PFUDOR."

Just thinking about it caused the ship to resound with

and everyone groaned and covered their ears except Leon who was still nodding his head dreamily.

" No probs, it's only the benign but utterly tasteless Skywhale from the Oztinent " said Lexi, who had been looking out of the window. " It will float away or burst soon."

Sure enough Skywhale finally burst, scattering party favours all over the Millenium Talcum. The weight of the crabs and the favours and Mr Whiskers clinging to an aileron did cause another mighty lurch. The ship began to zig-zag wildly and spin at the same time. Everyone fell in heaps of dizziness.

Justin's hands slipped from the controls and the Milennium Talcum crashed through the jellomnisphere and landed surprisingly gently on Windbreaker Island.

"Lucky I kept Jaymack's diapers and can still control speed, light and weather," Oggy thought as she put the kettle on and slipped Mr Whiskers some crabmeat.

She shelled all the crabs  and processed the thousand tomatoes that had come with the lightning bolts. " Definitely seafood cocktails for all plus extra leftover draig for Lanko. He really had to stop gobbling the cat. Better give Leon a lettuce costume to hide his bunny or that will be the next to go.  Lanko only eats meat."

With  slam and thump Chill and Black Jaymack burst into the kitchen both shouting" It's mine, not yours, it's meant for the Chosen One, but that's me, I'll fight you for it, come behind the bike shed and you''ll see..............."

Oggy sighed and picked up the rolling pin.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 01:05:07 AM by Lady_Ty »

Offline tebakutis

• Falsely Puffed Up Rascal Pig and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Master Namer
    • View Profile
    • www.tebakutis.com
« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2016, 01:22:20 AM »
Amused by the infighting, Larabeth patted her pet dragon on the snout, snatched a piece of discarded chocolate, and popped it in her mouth as she strolled out through one of several newly made holes in the recently crashed ship. She took a look around as she chewed. The Talcum had crashed in the middle of what looked to be a habitation of some sort, cozy little cottages and equal stretches of grass and pavement. Doors were opening everywhere, and people much shorter than her were stepping out.

Some of the local inhabitants had red moustaches, and some had green curly hair, and some had a single curl of black hair rising from their bald heads, but all of them were seething or glaring at the ship and trembling, faces beet red. As several of them fired up lollipops that she had just realized were chainsaws, only one thing was certain. This village of Munchkins was very pissed off.

Larabeth smiled nervously and backed up inside the ship, almost tripping when she backed into a root. Except it wasn't a root. It was a leg, two of them, wearing striped stockings, and they were sticking out from beneath the hull of the Talcum. As was a rapidly expanding pool of green blood. Mr. Whiskers chose that moment to hop off the airelon and land on her shoulder, shaking himself off and sodding wet.

"Mr. Whiskers," Larabeth said, stroking the dampened cat as she backed away from the encroaching horde of lollipop chainsaw wielding Munchkins, "I've a feeling we're not in Fantasia anymore."
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 01:24:49 AM by tebakutis »

Offline ultamentkiller

« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2016, 03:42:43 AM »
All of the munchkins began advancing on the crew. The tallest munchkin of the group raised his hand and everyone stopped. He held up a lollypop to the crew with one hand and drew music notes with the other. A lightbulb went on in Justin's head. Everyone burst into the Lollypop Guild song from Wizard of Oz, the men of Chill's crew singing in their highest voices.
Gotta love the munchking, Justin thought.

Offline JMack

• Hircum Magna Rex of the Fabled Atku Temple, and writing contest regular
  • Writing Group
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Our daily efforts are love poems to the universe.
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2016, 05:16:23 AM »
JayMack wandered through the crowd of singing dwarfs and heroes and took his turn stepping in the green blood and tripping over the legs that jutted out for the Talcum. He got up and dusted himself off, but felt a hand grab the back of his coat. He looked up into the beefy face of an Irish cop. "Well, me bucko, and what have ye done now? Killed a witch with your little ship, have ya?"

"A witch?" Asked JayMack, feeling like maybe he should have been at school that morning but was skipping class.

"It's me asking the questions, laddie. Is that a with under your little ship?"

"Is it?" Said JayMack.

"I said, I'm the one asking the questions! And I want to know exactly who is under that spaceship!"

"Don't you know?" Said JayMack with growing confusion and desperation.

"By Nellie! I'm taking you down to the station, you -"

At that moment, Lanko swiped his tail at a passing butterfly, trying to see if he could nail it in one, and a spike sliced off the cop's head.

Now I'll never now, thought JayMack. He headed back into the kitchen to see if Oggy had left any of those wonderful marshmallow treats out on the counter.
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)
www.starlit-lands.com