December 12, 2019, 11:51:30 PM

Author Topic: RPG 2016: Chill's Crew and the Search for Windbreaker Island  (Read 23256 times)

Offline Doctor_Chill

• RPG Ringleader and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Ta'veren
  • You've been pugged.
    • View Profile
    • Acerbic Writing
RPG 2016: Chill's Crew and the Search for Windbreaker Island
« on: January 10, 2016, 07:33:54 PM »
Books, banquets and redheads. Life is good, thought Lanko.

Life was not good. Not anymore.

Just as the Millenium Talcum was being prepped for takeoff once again, JayMack and his group heard a disturbance over by the trampled tulips. "Ye gasp!" Conan bellowed from under the giant dragon's umbrage. The green (?) speckled dragon stared in wonder at the outburst. What could it be?

It was five heavy-breathing lads and lasses, Mr. Jiggles, and that ghost that won't leave. Henry and JayMack turned from his tuna fish maiden and both mouths dropped to the ground. "What are you doing here?!" the King of the North questioned. Henry had a stupid grin on his face and waved. "Stop that, dude. They're the ones trying to resurrect the Cap'n!"

"Oh, that guy. Quite liked him. Didn't he die in the last issue?"

"He did, and he should stay dead!" The little king's face was getting more red than Scarlet's dress. "There ain't no reason we should be messing with the natural order of things!"

"I didn't know you were Catholic!"

Doc kicked a pebble with his foot. "Um, hello to you, too. Mind if we take a look around, hmm?"

"Why, I never," Miss Tuna exclaimed and swooned. JayMack caught her just before she passed out and growled at Chill's crew.

"You!"
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 07:38:48 PM by Doctor_Chill »
“It’s a dangerous thing, pretense. A man ought to know who he is, even if he isn’t proud to be it.” - Tomorrow the Killing, Daniel Polansky

Offline Nighteyes

• Send me Leopard Erotica.
  • Ringbearer
  • OH WOW! JUST WORKED OUT HOW TO DO THIS!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: RPG 2016: Chill's Crew and the Search for Windbreaker Island
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2016, 09:52:55 PM »
"She was just about to tell me where your dratted ship is.  I will burn it, and you'll never resurrect that flea bitten scoundrel.  For months now people have mocked me for my flatulence.  King Farty Pants they call me!  And it is all that blasted Captain's fault!"  Jaymack shouted at the crew of the Doctor. 
"But the Captain is the only one who can save the world!" exclaimed Scarlett.
"No, there is another.  And even if there wasn't I'd let the world burn before I let the Captain be resurrected!"
"You don't mean that King Farty... I mean... Jaymack," Scarlett exclaimed.
"You see!  You see what that cursed pirate has done! Now, Mademoiselle Squiddles!  You have led me on with those luscious legs, making me think you were going to be my own Emma Stone, please tell me you haven't led me on about knowing the location of the ship!"
"No, it's ..."
"It's a hanging sentence!" shouted Ackbar, who seized the Maidmer from Jaymack's arms and race into the labyrinth with her.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 10:03:47 PM by Nighteyes »
The Real Powers That Be

Offline tebakutis

• Falsely Puffed Up Rascal Pig and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Master Namer
    • View Profile
    • www.tebakutis.com
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2016, 10:05:49 PM »
Meanwhile, thrilled at having found her very own pet dragon, Larabeth had grabbed a long brush and was using it to scratch behind every last of Lanko's scales. "Who's a good dragon? You're a good dragon!" Lanko preened at the attention, even snapping up a piece of eight-day old salmon flavored SPAM she tossed in the air. "Ooh! He does tricks!" She squealed in a way that made Mr. Whiskers hiss and flatten his ears.

Scratching dragon scales was somewhat useful, Larabeth supposed, to a dragon, but it also ensured she was being absolutely useless in regards to everything else going on, so it seemed like a good trade. She had just started on one of Lanko's outstretched wings when Tomas the ghost floated by, stopped, and bugged out his eyes at her. And by bugged out, that meant his eyes literally popped out of his head and bounced like balls attached to a string and paddle before bouncing back into his head.

Tomas zipped over, gesturing angrily at Lanko, who puffed smoke at him, and then at Larabeth, who looked up from her scrubbing and blinked, eyes wide. Then she dropped the brush and rushed over. Lanko, somewhat annoyed, snorted and blinked his eyes.

"Dad!" Larabeth exclaimed, beaming at Tomas. "Where did you get off too? I was so worried I started a sponge riot!"

Tomas flapped his mouth in a bunch of silent words and then, frustrated, pointed at the dragon.

"Oh, he's nice!" Larabeth said. "He doesn't eat people." So far as she knew. "Just spam, and cats."

Mr. Whiskers hissed again and wound himself around Captain JayMack's legs.

"What am I doing here?" Larabeth had some uncanny ability to understand what the ghost was saying, perhaps because her author had let her do that to rip off Han Solo and Chewbacca. "Oh. Just being useless." Chewbacca? Who was Chewbacca? Probably just more of Larabeth's insanity bubbling up. She was used to that.

"No!" Larabeth said, followed by "Well of course I chose the sponges. No one else was that annoyed," and "No, I'm not going to date a dragon, Dad! Gross! He's just a pet. Aren't you Mr. Lanko?" She scratched the edge of his wing.

Lanko puffed and lowered his head. Though it seemed odd to her, Larabeth was almost certain he was thinking "Dammit!"
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 10:13:43 PM by tebakutis »

Offline JMack

• Hircum Magna Rex of the Fabled Atku Temple, and writing contest regular
  • Writing Group
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Our daily efforts are love poems to the universe.
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2016, 12:31:36 AM »
What a mess, thought JayMack. But he was glad to see Scarlet, and even a bit glad to see Chill. He'd hold his counsel about the Captain, at least as much as he could.

"That GD captain!" Who said that? Oh, JayMack had said it. "It's like I'm cursed with Tourrettes!"

"Tourists?" asked Scarlet. "I may have a spell for that."

"No, turrets," said the redhead. "He thinks his castle is cursed."

"No I do not!" JayMack thought he might need to zip his mouth shut. His stomach rumbled. And other things. He moved around to the other side of the reinstated Talcum, sort of downwind, as it were. He pulled out the reset button and shrank the ship down to the size of a 1/48th plastic model and carried the ship under one arm.

"Has anyone seen the cat?" asked Henry. A tiny howl came from the tiny Talcum.
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline Lady Ty

• Blessed River Lady and Defender of Baby Dragons
  • Ta'veren
  • So-Old-That-She-Can-Nearly-Be-Called-Oldest-Ty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2016, 07:21:56 AM »
Suddenly Lanko came rushing out, scattering everyone all over the rose beds again, only just in time to clear a space for a ginormous  stupendous luminous glowing dragon to land  with a wet and furious Oggy clinging on to his back.

"Alright dear you can tone down the glam and glitter effects, we're back among friends at last," Oggy muttered , then turning to Lanko she fixed him with a glare. 

"Why didn't you tell them we were landing, I DDDESP'd you hours ago and all you thought back was "I'll try."  NOT GOOD ENOUGH. Do or Do Not . There Is No Try. Don't you ever learn what Honourable Ancient Cousin Greenlugs tells you kids?? What? You you've lost the power of speech? Don't be ridiculous ,maybe this will cure it."

Oggy  yanked out  a handful of grizzly whiskers from Lanko's chin.  "Now say something."

"OWW bugger off, old woman , of course I can talk. But being smoulderingly silent and dashingly dragonish  was getting me some prime attention, " and Lanko smirked at Larabeth.  "Änyway who are you to tell me what to do?"

Smug growled and shirtfronted Lanko.

"I am Santander Maurice Udolfo Germanicus, heir to the throne of the High Dragon Saphira and Oggy is my  Fairy Godmother.  Want to make something of it? Huh? Huh? "

"Oh Smug, you have grown up since I saw you last " cooed Scarlet, giving him  a huge hug and a chocolate frog she just happened to have in one of  her pockets.

"Hey there Kingy, " Oggy said turning to Jamack with a happy grin, "Learned a new recipe and tried it out on the way here. This should cheer you up, you're looking  flustered."

She  handed him  giant slice of Smith Island Cake topped with three Oreos and some shrimps.

"Children and Oggy " said King Jaymack, drooling at the food and completerly overcome with relief at the sight of his old friends. "Peace be among you, all those who haven't met Ogs before,  treat her with respect and you'll get the best tucker and never go hungry.  If not beware her hidden powers of menace and destruction, not to mention food that will keep you moving to the bushes in no time, but we won’t pursue that problem. In other words keep her sweet and you'll be right, mates.

Chill, Henry the Jack, Leon, Arthur, Larabeth and  everyone else started chiming in "Please get us food, all  we've only got is calamari cereal and it tastes like sh….."

"" Don't worry, kids good to see you too, I'll be teleporting the kitchen caravan and pantry over with the wine cellar we'll soon be cookin'.  Meanwhile,  please explain what great threat have we gathered to save the world from, or where are we heading to, or who are we running in,  or whatever…………..What' s Up, Doc? "

“This is the problem with even lesser demons. They come to your doorstep in velvet coats and polished shoes. They tip their hats and smile and demonstrate good table manners. They never show you their tails.” 
Leigh Bardugo, The Language of Thorns: Midnight Tales and Dangerous Magic

Offline ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2016, 09:15:40 PM »
'Oh Oggy, I missed your desserts! And Smug, aren't you all nice and grown up? Little king, you're looking a little worse for wear...'
Scarlet was busy getting back in touch with all her old allies, but she wasn't going to let that get in the way of her target.

'Now. Anyone here know how to get to Windbreaker Island? That's where our dear old Cap'n is.
We have the map of the island, and where to go once we're there, but that's not very helpful if we can't actually get there. All this faffing around in dens of iniquity with fish-smelling ladies...
And we need to find Ackbar's ship first, there's no way I'm swimming all the way to wherever, my books would never withstand...'

'No, absolutely no, no way! Let the Cap'n be dead, that's what I say'.
Jaymack wasn't going for half-measures. Although the look that Scarlet was giving was almost enough to make him change his mind. Who knew her stare could be so icy? But no. Once you start bringing people from the dead, who knows who else they might bring? His dad? Jaymack shivered, he liked too much to be king to let the crown be taken from him. Even if it was a crooked, tinfoil crown, it was his, dammit!

'Someone told us this Squiddles...', and you could actually hear the italics in Scarlet's voice, '... would know where the ship is. Although I fear that she might already have taken possession of that magnificent...'

'Oi! Who are you to use italics on MY name?'
A shrill voice, a few tentacles... could this be Squiddles?

At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

I'm "She Who Reigns Over Us All In Crimson Cheer", according to Peat!

Offline Lanko

• Sherlanko Holmes, Jiin Wei and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Khaleesi
    • View Profile
    • Lanko's Goodreads
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2016, 04:25:32 PM »
Chill had the map to Windbreaker Island, but only Jmack had the proper transportation to get there. They agreed to a truce. Everyone was suspicious of each other, but when the ghost found out Chill and Jmack were secretly trading Pokemon stickers in the ship's bathroom, everyone became more friendly.

Jmack was pleased to finally get a Jigglypuff, while Chill got Wigglytuff. They hugged each other at the completion of their albums. And now Lanko had 2 redheads treating him. He grinned.

Justin was asleep for days under another pile of Jmack's Harlequin romances. Leon, Henry, Smug and Oggy were playing poker at the cargo deck. Ackbar, Alex and Arthur were singing in the karaoke.

Then they arrived at Windbreaker Island. And found the Alteration device, that could do or undo anything. Except for the Lanko and the redheads, who were more worried about the dragon than anything else, both sides prepared to fight.

In the end, Jmack and Chill played tug-of-war with the device and Oggy was organizing bets of who was gonna win. The odds against Jmack was 40-1.

Then Mr.Whiskers, on his fourth life, threw himself at Lanko. The dragon swiped him with a claw, but in doing so, threw his e-reader and the cat at the device. A blinding light engulfed the group and everyone screamed (except Justin, who was still fast asleep).

They appeared in a clearing, where an image of the Dungeon Master appeared before them. "There is not much time! The end is near! To prevent it, you must gather the seven SFF relics and save the world!" The image disappeared and a scroll landed on the ground.

Even Lanko, knowing 57 different languages, could not translate it, but it was a list with 7 items.

Then they were surrounded by Stormtroopers equipped with crossbows. "Take them to the Emperor!" Everyone's mana was depleted and so everyone complied. Justin was carried by a Stormtrooper, and nobody managed to awake him.

Bella and Edward, manifestations of a trilogy that Jmack forgot to erase from his e-reader before giving it to Lanko, decided they would stalk the group.

They entered a place called Hogwarts and the Imperial March started playing.

"I am the Emperor of Thorns, Jorg Honorius Ancrath. Why did you invade my lands? Prepare to die!" Darth Vader stared at the group, daring anyone to challenge his master.

"Wait a second!" shouted Jmack. "Why Vader is with Jorg in Hogwarts?"

"This guy had a master and he was calling himself Emperor. His cackling annoyed me, so I stabbed him," said Jorg, shrugging.

"I wanted to turn to the dark side and here there were plenty of younglings to kill," said Vader.

Jmack quickly explained what the Dungeon Master said.

"Everyone here wants to become Emperor. Help me and I will help you," said Jorg. "I want to build this Death Star that Vader so highly speak of, but to the south there's a place called Xavier Institute, and a guy called Magneto sabotages every one of my attempts. Kill him and the Force will translate the scroll."

"Or maybe we can ask Prof.X to help us," whispered Leon.

"To the east there is this Daenerys Dragonborn. She needs to be disposed off as well."

"Stormborn," said Scarlet, defiantly.

"Dragonborn," replied Jorg. "She controls dragons and absorbs their power." Lanko and Smug shivered. "It won't be easy, she has three dragons with her: Alduin, Eragon and Charizard.

"Is there anything else?" asked Chill.

"To the north there is a really annoying guy that I can't kill by stabbing him, a giant eye made of fire named Sauron."

"Oh my God," said Oggy.

"Yep, as I said, everyone wants my crown. Kill them and all the resources of the Empire will be yours to return home and deal with whatever crap you have."

The group whispered among themselves on what they should do and who might best help them with the seven SFF relics.
The Dragon Ball Z radar was still working. The thought of Jorg, Magneto or Sauron having any wish granted or Daenerys making Shen Long another one of her pet dragons was terrifying. That could also revive people, so Jmack smashed the radar.

Lanko and Smug decided they couldn't join Daenerys or they would become mind controlled. If at least Daenerys was a redhead, thought Lanko. Smug was thinking if she controlled many dragonettes as well.

Vader approached Jmack. "A gift to prove our good intentions." It was a lightsaber. Pink laser. Jmack beamed. Mace Windu had a purple and was more powerful than Yoda. So his must be the strongest lightsaber of all!

The scroll glowed and one line received a thumbs up and it was translated. The lightsaber was also one of the seven SFF relics! Jmack now was sure he was the Chosen One of the history and would use his power to defeat everyone here and the evil in his own world!

Now they only needed to figure out what were the other six relics and who would use them.

"But why did you gave the lightsaber to me, Darth Vader?"

"It's simply, Jmack. You need not worry about the captain being revived."

"No... it can't be..."

"Yes, Jmack. I am your..."

A thunder cracked nearby.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 04:31:23 PM by Lanko »
Slow and steady wins the race.

Lanko's Year in Books 2019

Offline ArcaneArtsVelho

• Secretly I'm laughing about jurassic raccoon testicles. And a Writing Contest Regular
  • Auror
  • Only partially responsible for my custom title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2016, 05:32:36 PM »
Larabeth woke up to a lightning strike and the roar that followed it. She saw that they were still in Elfy's rose garden and that Jaymack and Doc were arm wrestling, trying to decide whether or not to resurrect the Cap. Squiddles tried to get in on the action, but no one wanted to touch her tentacles.

"What were all those things I saw in my dream," Larabeth wondered out loud. "Pokemon? Vader? Jorg? Daenerys? Lightsaber? I know that I know them, but I also know that I shouldn't know them." Then her face lit up. "Oh, silly me. Of course I'm insane even when I'm dreaming."

(Sorry Lanko.  :D )
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 05:57:42 PM by ArcaneArtsVelho »
Everything I wrote above is pure conjecture. I don't know what I'm talking about.

I'm a perfectionist but not very good at anything. That's why I rarely finish things.

Offline Henry Dale

• The Unsummonable and a Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Gentleman Bastard
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2016, 05:51:02 PM »
So Jaymack and Doc were furiously dancing with a Squiddle girl.
Everyone else was retreating to a gazebo, because it started raining.

'So who do you think will win this time?' Scarlet wondered out loud.
'No idea.' Oggy said. But while they're busy sorting this mess out we can have dinner. Anyone fancy a slice of chocolate marshmallow soufflé with topping of cherry cream?'

http://www.cooks.com/recipe/nt3838x7/chocolate-marshmallow-souffle.html

Offline tebakutis

• Falsely Puffed Up Rascal Pig and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Master Namer
    • View Profile
    • www.tebakutis.com
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2016, 06:46:53 PM »
Larabeth shook off the epic dream at the sound of chocolate ANYTHING. Cheered at the thought of sweets, she hurried over to Oggy and introduced herself.

"Hello!" Larabeth said. "It's nice to meet you, and you have a very lovely dragon."

Still engaged in watching Jaymack and Chill arm-wrestle, Lanko's ears perked and he glanced at Smug in annoyance. Smug, in turn, looked ... self-satisfied.

"I would very much love some chocolate marshmallow souffle!" Larabeth proclaimed. When Tomas motioned urgently, she glanced at him. "Oh, and my dad would also like some chocolate marshmallow souffle, but he's dead, so he can't actually have any. Which is part of why he's so angry all the time."

The ghost threw up his hands in frustration, as if to follow that up with "No ****!".

Larabeth frowned. "Watch the asterisks, Dad. There might be children reading the forums."

"Reading the what now?" Oggy asked.

"Nothing!" Larabeth frowned and scratched her head. "Just an odd concept that popped into my head. Sometimes I say things that make no sense. Just ignore me when I do that."

"How do I know if you're making sense or not?" demanded Oggy.

"That's the question I keep asking myself!" Larabeth said. "All I know is I'm not needed here, so here I am."

Oggy frowned. "You're an odd child."

"I've heard that!" Larabeth glanced at the bag hanging off her belt. "Say, do you know any recipes that involve eight-day old salmon flavored spam?"

Tomas the Ghost hung his head in exasperation.

Offline Lanko

• Sherlanko Holmes, Jiin Wei and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Khaleesi
    • View Profile
    • Lanko's Goodreads
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2016, 01:39:46 AM »
Jmack was terrified.

He thought it was just a dream, but his Pokemon album was complete and under his pillow there was the pink lightsaber. The battery needed charging, though. He got an USB cable and connected the lightsaber to his PC. He discovered he could actually download apps to it. He downloaded one that made the hilt act as a lantern and another that made it act like a laser aim, useful to point things for some of the members of his crew.

Sadly, the pink color was protected by DRM made in a far, far away galaxy, and no one in this RPG would be able to bypass it. Jmack sighed, but then again, what could be more manly than using pink in such a public manner?

No one would be able to stand him or mock his royal right to the throne! He imagined being some kind of Fantasy knight, mounted on a dragon swinging his lightsaber at hordes of enemies!

As soon as the lightsaber charged, he would make his point to everyone! 
Slow and steady wins the race.

Lanko's Year in Books 2019

Offline Doctor_Chill

• RPG Ringleader and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Ta'veren
  • You've been pugged.
    • View Profile
    • Acerbic Writing
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2016, 03:20:53 AM »
They woke the next day to Ackbar trimming the remaining roses in the rose garden. Conan ran out screaming "Ave Maria" at the top of his lungs, crying at the newfound destruction. Henry was distraught as well. "He could've started over with those buds." All Conan could do was weep on bent knees, Ackbar totally unsure as to what he had done.

Lanko uncurled from the two redheads that had fallen asleep on him. "Oi! What's that ruckus out there? I'm trying to sleep, ya hear?!"

Arthur waved him off and went back to watching the lake's gentle ripples. But out of the fog came something, a flicker. He peered harder to get a glimpse. Stood up to see what it was. "What is that?" The priest walked closer to the shore and stopped. "Anybody out there?"

"You don't have much time," came a whisper.

Arthur peered harder. "What was that?"

"Listen to me," Dr. X told him, rolling in on his wheelchair. "You don't have much long. The universes -- they're collapsing. Velma's causing havoc. Vader's riding on velociraptors. Fox is trying to sell the X-Men rights to Disney. It's madness."

"Hold up, what are you going on about, old man?"

"Listen to me, you must find the seven pieces of eight. You have to find them to unite the lands. You have to before the universes collapse. You're our only hope!"

Thunder cackled on a clear, blue sky morning, and with that, Dr. X vanished. Arthur stood there dumbstruck for a minute, unsure what he had seen. If you listened closely, you could still hear the barbarian crying in the background. Kicking a pebble into the water, Arthur headed back to camp. "Need to lay off that tartar sauce."
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 03:22:29 AM by Doctor_Chill »
“It’s a dangerous thing, pretense. A man ought to know who he is, even if he isn’t proud to be it.” - Tomorrow the Killing, Daniel Polansky

Offline JMack

• Hircum Magna Rex of the Fabled Atku Temple, and writing contest regular
  • Writing Group
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Our daily efforts are love poems to the universe.
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2016, 03:34:56 AM »
"Pieces of eight?" said JayMack. "Sounds like this X fellow is shilling for the Captain. X marks the spot, right? XX, that a double cross. X! X! I can't stand it anymore!"

The group members looked up from beans, eggs, and tomatoes for breakfast. No one could quite understand what the little king was going on about. "Anyone have ketchup?" asked one of the redheads.

Chill stood thinking about what the Professor had said. 7 pieces of 8. The fate of the universe. Things were looking up.

"Scarlet?" said the Texan. "We've clearly got work to do."

"You sure do, laddie," said Oggy, handing him a dish towel. "The chuck wagon isn't going to clean itself."
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 03:36:49 AM by Jmack »
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline Lady Ty

• Blessed River Lady and Defender of Baby Dragons
  • Ta'veren
  • So-Old-That-She-Can-Nearly-Be-Called-Oldest-Ty
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2016, 11:19:19 AM »
Oggy* was over the moon, poddling around in her kitchen, Smug reduced back to a reasonable size  and Larabeth and Scarlet dropping in for a chat and a snack. As Jmack and the others washed up she began the menu for tonight's dinner.

Roast Haunch of Draig  - pastured in  Mirkwood and fed on grain and elite outlaws . Later marinaded in  Sansa's Tears and served with Green Herb Salad gathered at midnight Beyond the Wall.

Being in a fantasy space pirate adventure she stopped for a moment to burst into a song and dance routine, as you do.

"I dreamed a dream of days to come
When hopes are high
And games worth living
I dreamed that Cap had never died
I dreamed that Kingy was forgiving.

I dreamed the odds weren't in his favour
And Doc Chill was nearly winning.
Then came a time the lightning flashed
And the DM's voice had thundered
We were running out of time
Seven relics  must be plundered.

Then my dreams had turned to shame
As the kitchen was aflame
And the dream I dreamed had died
And the Smoke Was in My Eyes………….."

Then Larabeth joined in and they sang together in perfect harmony_

" Last night we dreamed a dream
When we were high
With helpless  giggling
And dreamed that Vader never died
And that Jorg was unforgiving
There was a time The Thrones all clashed
Three evil dragons started killing………………………………."

Then Scarlet, looking surprised found she was joining in

" Last night we dreamed a dream
Of glowing scrolls and sacred relics
Of Kingy's  dad who never died
And………………"

"Enough " thundered King Jaymack , rushing into the kitchen aghast at the last verse and dreading where it may lead.   "How could you three have dreamed my dream last night?"

This song and dance routine had attracted the rest of the crew and a Babelous Babble broke out. It seemed that everyone, even Tomas and Mr Whiskers had all dreamed the same.  Then Jaymack's voice boomed out again above them all.

" We must follow that dream, we gotta follow that dream
Keep a-movin, move along, keep a moving
We've got to follow that dream wherever that dream may lead
We've got to follow that dream to find the relics we  may need,
 It was a Vision of a Prophecy and the Words of the Prophets are Written on the Subway Walls
And Tenement Halls,
From Somewhere over a Time Portal
And
I am most assuredly and without any doubt - A Chosen One."

A Babelous Babbling broke out.

Note to management:  This one's no good either, get another with more up to date song lyrics. Or who likes Nickelback.

*Sorry Waka, if you read this I really, really tried not to. :-[

« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 06:53:14 AM by Lady_Ty »
“This is the problem with even lesser demons. They come to your doorstep in velvet coats and polished shoes. They tip their hats and smile and demonstrate good table manners. They never show you their tails.” 
Leigh Bardugo, The Language of Thorns: Midnight Tales and Dangerous Magic

Offline Henry Dale

• The Unsummonable and a Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Gentleman Bastard
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2016, 11:31:36 AM »
Henry whistled to the tune of 'I dreamed a dream' as he attempted to convince Conan to leave the rose garden behind and join them on this wild adventure.
Somehow Mr Whiskers had been saved through all this space-time jinxies and that had put Henry in a good mood. So when Conan asked if he could bring a magic rose along on the ship, Henry agreed vigorously.
He was even wondering already when V would burst in or whether the malevolent Thieves Guild had any traps set up, but for now things were ok and there was still plenty of tea.