August 13, 2020, 09:09:16 AM

Author Topic: Who's Who in the RPG 2015  (Read 7151 times)

Offline Doctor_Chill

• RPG Ringleader and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Ta'veren
  • You've been pugged.
    • Acerbic Writing
Who's Who in the RPG 2015
« on: May 24, 2015, 10:22:35 PM »
Brought about by popular demand.

Just a simple character sheet is all people. I'll give mine with a basic outline. Make it as dense or simplistic as you want it. Go wild, but first I'd suggest making an entrance. ;)

Spoiler for Hiden:

Name: Doctor Chill

Alias/Nickname: Doc

Race: Human

Origins: Tejas Frontier

Profession: Gunslinger / Doctor

Alignment: Neutral Good

Weapon of Choice / Accessories: Revolver / Medical Kit

Allegiance: Fantasia

Secret Agency: N/A

Arch-Nemesis: The Texan Wizard (dead?)

Quirks: Can make a mean bowl of squirrel dumplings, among other things.
“It’s a dangerous thing, pretense. A man ought to know who he is, even if he isn’t proud to be it.” - Tomorrow the Killing, Daniel Polansky

For book reviews - https://acerbicwriting.com/

Offline ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Administrator
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • LibraryThing profile
Re: Who's Who in the RPG 2015
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2015, 10:25:03 PM »
Not many changes from last year :D

Name: Scarlet

Spoiler for Hiden:
Alias/Nickname: Ms. Scarlet ;D

Looks: Short and curvy, always dressed in lots of layers. Big skirts, tunics and capes (which actually hide something....). No bags, just her books as almost part of her.

Profession: Magician, Wizard, Alchemist in training, general know-it-all

Weapon of Choice/ Accessories: Books (for both!) and her smile (see 'Quirks')

Allegiance: Guiding the Hero

Secret Agency: it's a not-so-secret secret, but spying is involved 8)

Arch-Nemesis: No one (so far...)

Quirks: When she smiles and stares, people forget that they're supposed to be wary of her
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

I'm "She Who Reigns Over Us All In Crimson Cheer", according to Peat!

Offline JMack

• Hircum Magna Rex of the Fabled Atku Temple, and writing contest regular
  • Writing Group
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Our daily efforts are love poems to the universe.
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2015, 11:52:57 PM »

Name: Black JayMack

Spoiler for Hiden:
Alias/Nickname: King of the North-that-Was

Looks: Short, compact; curly black hair and well-trimmed beard; easy to forget, except for a surprisingly good singing voice

Profession: King of Nothing, Mercenary Leader

Weapon of Choice/ Accessories: Wits, but sword if necessary

Allegiance: The North

Boon companion: Smug, the miniature dragon

Arch-Nemesis: the King of Fantasia (although the king of Fantasia is unaware of this)

Quirks: Feeds his dragon on people who bore him
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline Henry Dale

• The Unsummonable and a Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Gentleman Bastard
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2015, 12:28:11 PM »
Alias/Nickname: Henry the Jack

Looks: Tall, White-haired, fine features, eye-twitch

Profession: Thief, rogue

Weapon of Choice/ Accessories: A locket to hypnotize others, a dagger as last resort

Allegiance: Getting the Dragon Diamond and retiring

Secret Agency: /

Arch-Nemesis: none yet

Quirks: Overly polite

Offline Nora

• Dropped in from another planet avec son sourire provocateur - et Hades and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • The Explorer
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2015, 12:30:25 AM »
Haven't played a RPG since... the first time, some 4 or 5 years ago! Not sure how to do this online. Will be a lurker.

Spoiler for Hiden:

Name: Kassin

Alias/Nickname: None so far

Race: Draconic

Origins: Another plane of existence, from a planet where Kassin's people are the most developed life form, and just discovered inter-plane travel. Their appearance is what could be dubbed the love child of a dragon and a tiger. Their hide is hairless and scaleless, thick and smooth with patterns to help hide in the thick foliage they evolved in, as hunters in the top of the trees. Long thick tail, two wings with patterned, translucent skin, fixed on the shoulders and kept folded close to the body most of the time. His hands have elongated fingers with paw-like quality, retractable claws, an opposable thumb, and many knuckles offer great dexterity but the inside still has rough pads to grip branches and such. Kassin understand human language very well and speaks it if need be, his own language including too many high noises we cannot hear.

Profession: Scientist / Explorer. Came to the current plane as part of an experiment and wishes to suss things out before getting back home.

Alignment: Neutral Chaotic

Weapon of Choice / Accessories: His own fangs / sets of crystals with different, crazy uses.

Allegiance: To his own plane and race

Secret Agency: N/A

Arch-Nemesis: None so far

Quirks: Can shrink or multiply his size / break glass by shrieking at it / takes notes on a crystal internal drive jabbed in his skin, by talking to himself – making him look deranged and all the more dangerous for it.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 12:33:15 AM by Nora »
"She will need coffee soon, or molecular degeneration will set in. Her French phrasing will take over even more strongly, and soon she will dissolve into a puddle of alienation and Kierkegaardian despair."  ~ Jmack

Wishy washy lyricism and maudlin unrequited love are my specialty - so said Lady_Ty

Offline JMack

• Hircum Magna Rex of the Fabled Atku Temple, and writing contest regular
  • Writing Group
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Our daily efforts are love poems to the universe.
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2015, 12:48:46 AM »
Well that's pretty damned awesome, @Nora. Make that up just now or borrow it from your other writing?
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline Nora

• Dropped in from another planet avec son sourire provocateur - et Hades and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • The Explorer
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2015, 01:12:52 AM »
Well thanks!
No it's a character I wrote about some two days ago as I distracted myself from writer's block by writing a different story. It's almost an exercise of style, as I try to innocently make it sound like Kassin (the 3rd pov) is a human following and investigating a little crew of extra terrestrial with rough technology, maybe even taming them, he describes them, but only about 800 words in do you realise these aliens are stranded humans, and Kassin is a monstrously scary looking creature.

Though I know what philosophical concepts I want to work on in this story, I have no plot outlined at all, it's in a cupboard, so might as well play out this character here.
"She will need coffee soon, or molecular degeneration will set in. Her French phrasing will take over even more strongly, and soon she will dissolve into a puddle of alienation and Kierkegaardian despair."  ~ Jmack

Wishy washy lyricism and maudlin unrequited love are my specialty - so said Lady_Ty

Offline Lady Ty

• Blessed River Lady and Defender of Baby Dragons
  • Ta'veren
  • So-Old-That-She-Can-Nearly-Be-Called-Oldest-Ty
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2015, 03:39:39 AM »
Never played an in RPG, but sounds fun - so here goes:

Oggy the Cook

Spoiler for Hiden:
Nickname: Oggy, Ogs,

Appearance: Short, round, white hair w wispy bun on top, likes multi-coloured clothes and outrageous hats.

Race: Seems to be human female with that broad Zummerzet accent, but you will have to imagine as can't write accent in dialogue too many Zz 's

Origin: Unknown and no-one dares ask but probably deep in Mendip Hills

Alignment: Where best interests lie at any given time

Weapon: Any kitchen utensil to hand from frying pan to Thermomix

Allegiance: To Smug

Secret Agency: Probably not, but you never know

Arch Nemesis: Anyone who gets in her way

Quirks: Happy when shé's cooking for everyone, but goes on something dreadful if upset. Always talks too much. Won't bother to fight if Masterchef is on TV in her kitchen.
“This is the problem with even lesser demons. They come to your doorstep in velvet coats and polished shoes. They tip their hats and smile and demonstrate good table manners. They never show you their tails.” 
Leigh Bardugo, The Language of Thorns: Midnight Tales and Dangerous Magic

Offline ArcaneArtsVelho

• Secretly I'm laughing about jurassic raccoon testicles. And a Writing Contest Regular
  • Auror
  • Only partially responsible for my custom title.
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2015, 11:40:21 AM »
I have never played a RPG on a forum, so this is kind of strange, but in a good way. ;D

Name:
Arthur Reuel Cane

Spoiler for Hiden:
Alias/Nickname: AR or A.R.

Looks: Quite tall, lean but not bony, dressed in colour-changing and mood-indicating hooded monk robes (covering his body pretty much completely), yellowish green eyes, hairless, skin covered (from the neck down) with tattooed text of a strange language

Profession: Former priest (and even more former pirate and friend of the Cap???)

Weapon of Choice / Accessories: Fists, and metal walking cane (with which he can fly short distances)

Allegiance: Fantasia. His own God, Velma the Virgin Velociraptor

Arch-Nemesis: His past?

Quirks: Uses his walking cane although he can walk perfectly fine without it. Is (or at least tries to be) very calm. Is very sombre. Has "a beast" inside?

Now I just hope that @Nighteyes doesn't shape-shift my character. At least not without consulting me first.  :D

Edit: Edited my character a little with things that have been revealed in the story so far.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 10:04:22 AM by ArcaneArtsVelho »
Everything I wrote above is pure conjecture. I don't know what I'm talking about.

I'm a perfectionist but not very good at anything. That's why I rarely finish things.

Offline Nighteyes

• DON'T send me Leopard Erotica!
  • Ringbearer
  • OH WOW! JUST WORKED OUT HOW TO DO THIS!!!!!
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2015, 12:07:57 PM »
Nah. Too many shape shifters would be dull.
The Real Powers That Be

Offline wakarimasen

• Writing Contest Regular
  • Builder
  • Currently suffering multiple story disorder...
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2015, 02:24:37 PM »
Waka - Shaman of the Chupacubrans
Spoiler for Hiden:

Name: Wakarimasen

Alias/Nickname: Waka

Race: Human... perhaps.

Height/ weight:  about 6foot 4 with about as little weight as possible.
(Think Dhalsim from street fighter with independently rolling eyeballs)

Origins: The Lactosian Hills

Age: Hard to tell under the paint and lines. More than 30, less than 60.

Profession: Raving Shaman

Alignment: Anti Goat

Weapon of Choice / Accessories: The pumpstaff, drainer of goats and holy stick of the order of chupacubra. Diverse bangles.

Allegiance: Anyone who wants to get the goat

Secret Agency: The Order of the Chupacubra

Arch-Nemesis: Goats.

Quirks: Prone to melodrama and bouts of "visions" especially when snacking on the holy mould.

Offline eclipse

• Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
  • Dragonrider
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2015, 05:41:08 PM »
Feel Free to use my Character when I'm not here

Alias/Nickname: Bob

Looks: Young looking gnome with a couple of missing fingers on his left hand, out to prove himself after having an accident when building some toys for an orphanage. His outfit consists of lots of magical hidden pockets to put his designs in.Has a leaking pen behind his ear

Race: Gnome

Profession: Novice Craftsman of various items, which nearly always have unpredictable results then what there were intended for

Weapon of Choice/ Accessories: When Bob makes toys there tend  to explode which he found out to his cost, so he kept them as weapons

Allegiance: Good

Secret Agency: /

Arch-Nemesis: none yet

Quicks: Builds items with unpredictable results

Background: When he accidentally exploded the orphanage with his toys (it would have made a dragon proud) ,  luckily with no casualties apart from his lost two fingers he felt so ashamed he felt he had no choose but to leave before he was chased out and prove to himself that he can   build an item which would work as it was intended too.

According to some,* heroic deaths are admirable things

* Generally those who don't have to do it.Politicians and writers spring to mind

Jonathan Stroud:Ptolmy's Gate

Offline SugoiMe

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2015, 11:55:00 PM »
Entrance and exit executed.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Name:  Elena

Looks:  Punk rocker girl, one side of her head with chin-length black hair, the other side buzz cut.  Fish net leggings and high black boots.  Has a full arm tattoo of flames, a nose ring, and several earrings, and has hearing aids because of her exceptionally bad hearing.  Travels with a Jigglypuff.

Race:  human

Profession:  Rocker minstrel by day, thief by non-days and dark indoor places.

Weapon of Choice:  A stamp with permanent red ink that says "IDIOT" that she uses to stamp people's foreheads with in order to ruin their sense of attractiveness and humiliate them for all time.  When she's actually fighting, a series of throwing knifes and a rapier, but she usually forgets to bring them with her.

Allegiance:  None.  Whether or not you can persuade her to join a side has yet to be decided...if you can catch her, that is.

I can't think of anything else.
"And then the time came when the risk it took to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anais Nin