August 10, 2020, 09:23:36 AM

Author Topic: RPG 2015: JayMack's Quest for the Dragon Diamond  (Read 18440 times)

Offline Henry Dale

• The Unsummonable and a Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Gentleman Bastard
Re: RPG 2015: JayMack's Quest for the Dragon Diamond
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2015, 06:09:25 PM »
Henry dug through the bag's contents now no one was looking. He wondered why Jaymack's diapers had been a prized possession to the old man. No time, keep looking...ah, what's this?
A shining monocle, wonderful. Something to befit a gentleman. He gave the tiger-dragon a scornful look for stealing that precious gem from him, but this was the next best shiny thing.

Offline JMack

• Hircum Magna Rex of the Fabled Atku Temple, and writing contest regular
  • Writing Group
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Our daily efforts are love poems to the universe.
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2015, 06:12:53 PM »
To say that Henry the Jack was pissed at Kassin for nabbing the lovely crystals would be the understatement of the year.  He sort of hung around the edges of the group, but finally he sighed and reached for the treasure bag. Odd-feeling thing, gross-feeling thing, OUCH!, sharp-feeling thing, round-feeling thing.

Oh. A monocle. Next best thing. When he screwed it into his eye, a small brass wire unfolded and reached around to his ear. Far above him now, seeming to come from miles away, Henry heard a carillon playing the national hymn of Belgaria. He turned in a fog to start up the stairs once more. Oddly, the monocle displayed blinking letters which said "This way to the top."

A belfry. A carillon. A wish fulfilled.
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline Henry Dale

• Writing Group
  • Gentleman Bastard
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2015, 12:37:40 PM »
The carillon was still ringing blissfully in Henry when he spotted something else with his monocle. A troupe of neko bar maids were storming right at them, and they seemed vicious. "Everyone get on with it, we're losing time! We have some of the guardians of this place headed right for us. At their current speed, they'll reach us in 2 or 3 posts!"

Online ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Administrator
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2015, 02:15:36 PM »
As the Doc's group prepared for a night of partying with the Nords and the German, Scarlet decided to do a bit more spying.

Aboard the magic carpet that she had used to rescue the drowning Nords, she quickly flew to the lighthouse, where she could see Jaymack's group. Some had gone in and started climbing, but others were assembling outside, still discussing food.
Scarlet still thought about stopping and getting some more of Oggy's chocolate mousse, frack it was good, but she decided on stealth this time.

Turning the carpet to the hidden tower side, she quickly flew to the top and tried peering through the windows.
Strange, despite the balcony surrounding the top floor, and the floor to ceiling windows, she couldn't see anything inside.
And an old canvas bag with a pirate's symbol (skull and bones, of course) was tossed on a corner of the balcony, looking ravaged by the weather.

'Hmmm something is very strange here. Could that belong to the Cap? How did it end up here? What does it contain?
I'd better return quickly and let him know.
I just hope they have managed to contain the frenchie again, those hips give me nausea every time I look at them...'
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

I'm "She Who Reigns Over Us All In Crimson Cheer", according to Peat!

Offline Nighteyes

• DON'T send me Leopard Erotica!
  • Ringbearer
  • OH WOW! JUST WORKED OUT HOW TO DO THIS!!!!!
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2015, 02:20:26 PM »
But before Scarlet left, she made sure to leave behind that sinister wicker basket the captain had entrusted her with.  She muttered over it, 'But this was no ordinary chicken. This chicken was evil manifest.'   Then just to make sure they opened it up, she left a sign saying 'Free Cookies' on top of it. No way could they resist that. 
The Real Powers That Be

Offline JMack

• Writing Group
  • Big Wee Hag
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2015, 03:47:20 PM »
"Wait, what? We're outside?" puzzled JayMack. "When did that happen?"

"When you weren't posting," said Oggy. "Haven't you learned anything by now?"

Meanwhile, this was the third post since Henry had called their attention to the mass of Neko bar maids running in their direction, yowling and wielding cat 'o nine tails whips.

"Run!" yelled Henry. His monocle pointed back up the stairs of the tower, with a blinking sign saying "This way" to the Dragon Diamond." The national tune of Belgiar was ringing deafeningly in his ears. He ran back into the tower and  up the winding staircase like a maniac. "It's here!" he sang deliriously.

JayMack began to parcel out the last treasures as they ran. "On for you, Oggy. And one for you Cat. And one for me." Oggy gave him a dirty look, and JayMack passed out the last prize to Smug.

The bar maids, with huge knitting needles stuck through their black up-dos, were screaming "Kawabunga" as they drew closer.

Le Chat unwrapped his treasure and found a small golden statue of a velociraptor.  His attention was drawn to the mudflats, where a Viking Nord ship was wallowing in the shallows.  On the far side, he saw a horde of raptors nearing the ship. And... a T-Rex. He hefted the golden statue. Maybe he could do some good in that thread. He split off from JayMack's group and -

Meanwhile, Kassin looked over at Arcane and Justin. "Dragon Diamond, hmm? It sounds like a crystal. I must have it."

"Sounds like Henry is going to climb those 215 flights of stairs," sniggered Justin.

"Hey dragon-tiger," offered Arcane," think you could just fly us up to the top of the tower?"

"What about JayMack?"

"He's got a pet dragon, doesn't he? Besides, he'll keep the bar maids distracted."

"Well, then," replied the alien," climb aboard. But don't put your feet on my crystal sensing organs."

"Team Omega rides again!" crowed Justin as they rose into the sky toward the tip of the light house/belfry/tower/thingy.

Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline Henry Dale

• Writing Group
  • Gentleman Bastard
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2015, 04:00:10 PM »
As the others climbed or flew up the tower, black jaymack was glad he was short for once...and so were the girls' skirts. Smug grabbed a delusional Jaymack in his maw and carried his master away from the temptation and closer to their true goal.

Meanwhile Henry dashed up another flight of stairs while singing the hymn of his country, which everyone got wrong, it's Belgarium.
"For king, freedom and right. For king freedom aaaand riiiiigght."
He chanted while defeating a game of wizard's chess, an eldritch abomination and a dwarf in a drinking game for the princess's undies. He reached the top just in time to see the others leave again.

Offline JMack

• Writing Group
  • Big Wee Hag
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2015, 06:11:08 PM »
Team Omega landed on the roof of the tower and saw two objects: a bag of cookies, marked "Eat Me" and a duffle with a skull and cross bones.

"The duffle," said Kassin, "I can smell that crystal from a mile away."

"They use miles where you come from?" asked Justin.

"Of course. We're an advanced alien species." The three flew off the belfry/lighthouse/tower top and headed back to earth where JayMack has huddle behind a rocky outcrop while Oggy was flaying sushi for the bar maids. Somewhere, she'd gotten a hold of some amazingly fresh kraken meat, and everyone was getting quite full.

Henry saw Team Omega leave, but had no idea there had been two packages. He saw the cookies marked "Eat Me". Crickey, how insulting, he thought. But he was so close now to his life's goal. The Dragon Diamond must be in that picnic basket. He opened the basket, and gaped in horror. For what was inside was truly no ordinary chicken.

The chicken was evil manifest.
www.starlit-lands.com

Online ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Administrator
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2015, 06:22:52 PM »
[This isn't just chicken. It's a MasterCap & Scarlet chicken.
Of course, in certain regions they had dropped the full names and just used the first letters
 ;D]
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

I'm "She Who Reigns Over Us All In Crimson Cheer", according to Peat!

Offline ultamentkiller

« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2015, 06:35:53 PM »
Just on a side note, I hate when things don't post. Gur.
---- As Team Omega flew on Kassin's back towards Jaymac, Justin heard a terrified scream. Justin chuckled. "I think Henry made it to the top of the tower."
"Think he's screaming from the pain of his feet?" Arcane asked.
"No, probably something to do with those cookies. They might've been off-brand oreos." Justin shuddered. "Should we go back for him?"
"No," Kassin roared. "We have what we wanted."
"Wait," Arcane called out. "There's something up on the tower with him. I'm not sure what it i..." A chicken plummeted past them, making a sound that could only be described as demented clucking. And clinging with all of his strength to the chicken's back...
"That's Henry," Justin called. "Kassin chase him!"
"I am not some alien pet you can just order around," Kassin replied irritably.
"He's not even apart of our team," Arcane muttered under his breath. An idea formed in Justin's head.
"Kassin, he's a thief. He might be able to help you find more crystals in the future if you save him." The dragon tiger thing paused in midflight. Then he plummeted down after the chicken and Henry. Justin looked at the path of the deadly chicken and gawked. "Hurry! He's headed for Jaymac's head! And at the speed he's going... He'll be there in two posts!"

Offline Lady Ty

• Blessed River Lady and Defender of Baby Dragons
  • Ta'veren
  • So-Old-That-She-Can-Nearly-Be-Called-Oldest-Ty
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2015, 06:21:01 AM »
Just on a side note, I hate when things don't post. Gur.
Commiserations it's happening to me all the time, started to write it in Word and cut/paste, also post early and add rest by modifying  ;)

Oggy looked up, yelled "Ladies, knitting needles forward". All the Neko girls hissed, twitched whiskers, flexed their claws and thrust the needles high above them , jabbing fiercely at the huge chicken as it fell towards them.

- SPLATFESTSUPREME

Blood, innards and specially stinky gubbins spread all over the place and left Henry sitting forlornly in the middle covered with feathers.  Team Omega veered wildly out of the way and crashed into part of the cstle ramparts, falling in a tangled heap further away and temporarily stunned.

"Can't have been a genuine M&S chook" said Oggy. "Wouldn't have passed their quality test, smelling like that and now we can't even cook it.  Henry get cleaned up fast  in that stream over there then we all need a little talk with Kingy, before the others get back here."

Henry got a little cleaner and  recovered with a Scroopulicious Waffle. Jaymack was chewing on a Bobcat Jerky sandwich but kept having to spit out the road gravel that seemed to be included. Oggy really didn't understand about grits, he'd have to explain, he decided.

"I'm worried about that Kassin," Oggy confided. "He's a slippery lizard and trying to gain control over all of us. He's sneaking off  in a nefarious subplot with the others in Team Omega, so we better keep an eye on them all. He managed to get hold of all those crystals and we've no idea what he can do with them. Just because he's so big and powerful doesn't mean he's invincible. I noticed when I spilled a little cider near his foot he snarled and grumbled and it smoked for a minute. He was very quiet after, I believe he's vulnerable and allergic to all apple products. I've prepared you some  syringes full of quadruple strength Mendip Scrumpy and aged for two hundred years. Keep these handy in case he attacks you. " 

Jaymack and Henry persuaded the  Neko girls to be the crew's back-up army as long as Oggy kept the food coming. Doc and co could have their calagnome horde but these lasses were pretty smart with needle and nine-tail combat.  Jaymack began to feel more confident as he had worried about not having his own Swordforhire. Now he suddenly had a hundred and fifty warrior maidens ladies on his side, and, wow, what stunning scarlet and gold leather uniforms.

Meanwhile Oggy and Smug returned to the castle kitchen. Oggy put some cheese made from goat’s llama’s milk with a packet of GobHobs and a note that read  'Scarlet Lady,  that manky chicken from your boss wasn't very nice. Maybe we need to talk so next time you drop by enjoy this snack, then try to find us. Smug needs a cuddle, and you and I may be able to strike a deal.'

On the way back to join the crew Oggy whispered to Smug "King Jaymack gave me his old diaper, but nobody else realises it is really a duster to control the weather, especially good for violent eruptions.  That could come in very handy, along with your special gift."   
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 09:56:04 AM by Lady Ty »
“This is the problem with even lesser demons. They come to your doorstep in velvet coats and polished shoes. They tip their hats and smile and demonstrate good table manners. They never show you their tails.” 
Leigh Bardugo, The Language of Thorns: Midnight Tales and Dangerous Magic

Offline JMack

• Writing Group
  • Big Wee Hag
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2015, 06:30:18 PM »
With things bit calmed down, JayMack could take a moment to look at the magic item he'd kept for himself from his father's grab bag. It was a beat up trumpet, with loose keys, a bent bell and green oxidization on the brass. It didn't look like much, but JayMack knew what it was.

The Horn of Attention.

JayMack put it to his lips and blew one long, sour note that reverberate across the entire island. For a bare second, every clamor in voice, growl, hiss and roar for one mile around stopped, and the angel of silence passed overhead. Then it all started up again.

Except for JayMack's crew. Each one, excluding Oggy, had come to stiff attention. Yes, even the alien.

"Now hear this!" cried the little king. "This crew seems to have as many agendas as it has members. But let's pitch in together for just a moment to see what we have. Kassin, what did you retrieve from the belfry?"

The alien took a moment to decide, but then muttered "winter salt melt." "What?" said JayMack, "I'm not sure we all heard you."

"Winter salt melt!" Repeated the tiger-dragon. "Are you happy?"

"You couldn't smell that's what it was, huh?" snarled Henry. The alien looked ready to rip the thief's guts out, but JayMack interrupted.

"Okay, you were all lured to the top by fake crystals masquerading as the Dragon Diamond. Let's get past that. Henry, is the combined Monocle and Hearing Aid of Albatross still telling you to go up the tower to find the diamond?"

"Er, yes. And now I see a little menu item that says 'More', and when I select that with an eye twitch, it says "go to laboratory #2.'"

"Then alright," said the Mack. "That's where we're headed. Is there a map of the tower, showing the laboratory?"

"N-no,"said Henry, lying almost out of habit. "We're just going to have to search the place."
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline Henry Dale

• Writing Group
  • Gentleman Bastard
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2015, 06:51:21 PM »
Because let's just face it, searching the entire place is way more fun than simply going there and grabbing what you need. Who knows? They might find shinies.

As they went on, it turned out there was more to the belfry than met the eye. It was more a hyperdimensional maze rather than a belfry to tell the truth. It did have carrillons though and that's what was most important.

They entered the tower again. Who knows what they'll find in this interspatial, wibbly wobbly construct? Maybe the famous intellectual heyena? The hyena that would always say hello and excuse himself for laughing.

Offline JMack

• Writing Group
  • Big Wee Hag
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2015, 12:07:44 PM »
Of course, there was a map to the laboratory showing on Henry's monocle. Not like he was going tell any of these twerps, though. That JayMack with his horn. For Pete's sake. (And who was Pete anyway, and what exactly is a sake? Or was that sake? Warmed, wonderful rice wine.). Henry set off up the steps of the tower.

"Um, have we seen this before?" asked Arcane. "You know, Henry starting up the stairs without the rest of us?"

"It's okay," replied Justin from the shadows, "I'm sure he'll be back at some point."

"Kassin," asked JaMack," any chance you can sniff out this Laboratory #2?"

"I am not a tool that you should -"

"Yes,yes,yes" Oggie interrupted. "We know you're a sophisticated alien from another dimension and all that. But I do know how to bake a crystalline sulphur cake." She smiled as the dragon-tiger's mouth opened and saliva dripped from his jaws.

"I'm sure I can try something," said the alien quickly. "Of course, how I'll tell laboratory #2 from #1, I can't say."

Meanwhile, Henry had discovered a door on the second floor that he'd never seen before. He opened it. What should have been a small tower room was actually a long corridor that stretched into the distance and out of sight. "Bigger on the inside!" He said. "I knew it."
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline Henry Dale

• Writing Group
  • Gentleman Bastard
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2015, 05:00:37 PM »
Henry just wished he had some of Pete's hot sake to drink right now. This place was so bizarre.
He walked on through the corridor, passing door after door after door. Some doors were large, some doors were small, some doors were right, some upside-down. They were all nameplated too. One said Jmack, another ScarletBea, then there was Nora too... who were these people? The owners of the doors? Some kind of demonic overlords that played with them like puppets in a deranged rp story?

Kassin sniffed and snuffled, walked here and there. The others simply followed the tiger-dragon thing, good of faith that the alien creature wouldn't betray them. You know, as is common in these kind of stories.

Henry stopped at a door that simply said "Henry" and opened it, anxious to find what was on the other side. The dragon diamond?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 05:03:28 PM by Henry Dale »