April 07, 2020, 02:52:28 PM

Author Topic: Book Smugglers Publishing calling for Short Stories for 2017  (Read 5487 times)

Offline m3mnoch

Re: Book Smugglers Publishing calling for Short Stories for 2017
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2016, 11:24:12 PM »
*whew*

sent my entry off today!  just in time!

it was actually inspired by one of the contest stories i wrote for you guys here.  so send me a pm if you're curious to read it, and i'll throw a link your way.

Offline Quill

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2017, 12:15:59 AM »
*whew*

it was actually inspired by one of the contest stories i wrote for you guys here.  so send me a pm if you're curious to read it, and i'll throw a link your way.

I'm actually a little curious what others wrote for this prompt (it's pretty open after all), feel free to send me one.
The Eagle's Flight - Free ebook for fantasy fans at www.annalsofadal.net

Latest blog post - 7 Ways to Help Indie Authors: www.annalsofadal.net/blog

Offline m3mnoch

« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2017, 12:50:04 AM »
*whew*

I'm actually a little curious what others wrote for this prompt (it's pretty open after all), feel free to send me one.

of course -- check your inbox, yo!

Offline The Gem Cutter

• Captain Analogy
  • Writing Group
  • Khaleesi
  • We've exhausted all possibilities - time to begin.
    • View Profile
    • The Gem Cutter Tales
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2017, 08:49:08 AM »
I adapted a concept for a fictional historical event in ancient history. Very Silmarillion - a princess sets out as an envoy tasked to reach the gods and seek their intervention in a hopeless war, even as that war approaches its final, hopeless end. The kings spends his other sons and daughters staving off waves of demons as she makes her way.

It was summary-heavy, as I found a lot of story for the limit, and knew no one wanted much exposition, and this was an exposition-centric concept, in its way. I doubt it will win, it's not very trendy. But the piece will be used as content later for other things with only a little altering.

Three days' work for a lottery ticket worth $500 and a +2 in Epic Battle sequences and cross-country chases. Roll for initiative.
The Gem Cutter
"Each time, there is the same problem: do I dare? And then if you do dare, the dangers are there, and the help also, and the fulfillment or the fiasco. There's always the possibility of a fiasco. But there's also the possibility of bliss." - Joseph Campbell

Offline CameronJohnston

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2017, 09:03:03 AM »
Drat, already received my rejection email for this one. Perhaps satire was not quite what they were looking for.

The Traitor God & God of Broken Things

Offline Osahon

« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2017, 12:47:32 PM »
Did anybody get a confirmation email shortly after submitting?

Offline Quill

« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2017, 01:22:27 PM »

I didn't. I submitted via the form, and then a few days later sent an e-mail to the posted address asking for confirmation, and they told me they received it. So even if you didn't get any confirmation, they probably still received it.
The Eagle's Flight - Free ebook for fantasy fans at www.annalsofadal.net

Latest blog post - 7 Ways to Help Indie Authors: www.annalsofadal.net/blog

Offline JRTroughton

« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2017, 02:34:13 PM »
Oof, completely forgot to submit to this. Given it's exactly the sort of thing I write, that's a frustration.

Oh well. Good luck, all!

Offline m3mnoch

« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2017, 03:35:22 PM »

I didn't. I submitted via the form, and then a few days later sent an e-mail to the posted address asking for confirmation, and they told me they received it. So even if you didn't get any confirmation, they probably still received it.

yah.  i didn't get one.  i sent mine in via email.

i figured they were just busy with the holiday and all that.