September 25, 2020, 05:48:50 PM

Author Topic: Thriller recomendation  (Read 257 times)

Offline Alyce

Thriller recomendation
« on: July 28, 2020, 01:39:42 PM »
Hello, everyone. It's been a long time since the last time I read a fiction book. I've been studying quite a lot and I haven't had time to enjoy some literature, the last thing I read was a book about HR improvement and entrepeneurship, so you can image. It has been difficult for me to start a new book and feel the interest I used to, so I came here looking for recommendations. Even though I'm a huge fan of fantasy and sci-fi, lately I'm more into thriller or detective stories, since, for some reason, are the ones that hook me the most right now. I've been reading some Joël Dicker and Agatha Christie and I'm looking for something similar (specially similar with Agatha Christie, I enjoyed Dicker but sometimes it's too slow for me). So, if you have any, I would really appreciate. Thank you in advance.

Offline isos81

Re: Thriller recomendation
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2020, 03:23:35 PM »
Welcome!

As for detective stories, I can suggest:
  • Martin Beck
  • Henning Mankell
  • Michael Connelly
  • Arthur Conan Doyle
  • George simenon

As for thriller,  I can suggest:
  • Dan Brown
  • Jean Christophe Grange

Kallor shrugged. 'I've walked this land when the T'lan Imass were but children. I've commanded armies a hundred thousand strong. I've spread the fire of my wrath across entire continents, and sat alone upon tall thrones. Do you grasp the meaning of this?'

'Yes' said Caladan Brood. 'You never learn'

Offline Bender

Re: Thriller recomendation
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2020, 09:38:26 PM »
I used to love Perry Mason books when I was growing up.

Below straddles detective/thriller genres.

Lee Child's Jack Reacher books
Pendergast series by Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child

Thrillers are a bigger segment, Jeffery Deaver (psychopaths), Robin Cook (medical), Michael Crichton (sci-fi), John Grisham (legal) will give you some options.
"I shall hunt your firstborn children and laugh with glee as I tell them of your death in terrible detail, with many unpleasant adjectives!" - M-Bot

"Who needs science when you have a dragon?" - Neil DeGrasse Tyson in Sharknado 6