July 15, 2020, 12:33:36 PM

Author Topic: [AUG 2020] - Dialogue - Discussion Thread  (Read 220 times)

Offline xiagan

• Writing Contest Organizer
  • Powers That Be
  • Ringbearer
  • Master Procrastinator
    • View Profile
[AUG 2020] - Dialogue - Discussion Thread
« on: June 01, 2020, 10:18:05 PM »
AUGUST: Dialogue

This month's theme is not a theme as you know it but a writing exercise. We want you to tell a story only in dialogue form, with no descriptions at all. All kinds of Fantasy or Science Fiction are eligible.

Submission topic will be created on the first of August.

Note: This thread is only for questions or discussing this month's writing contest. Good luck!
"Sire, I had no need of that hypothesis." (Laplace)

Offline Lady Ty

• Blessed River Lady and Defender of Baby Dragons
  • Ta'veren
  • So-Old-That-She-Can-Nearly-Be-Called-Oldest-Ty
    • View Profile
Re: [AUG 2020] - Dialogue - Discussion Thread
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2020, 08:48:46 AM »
Look forward to reading these entries, one of my favourite forms of short story. Could it even entice @Rukaio_Alter back?
“This is the problem with even lesser demons. They come to your doorstep in velvet coats and polished shoes. They tip their hats and smile and demonstrate good table manners. They never show you their tails.” 
Leigh Bardugo, The Language of Thorns: Midnight Tales and Dangerous Magic

Offline Nora

• Dropped in from another planet avec son sourire provocateur - et Hades and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • The Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2020, 03:41:02 AM »
It will be enticing me back, @Lady Ty !!  :D  I'm 300 words shy of a finished story. It feels odd not to be able to submit for another month and some, but I'm glad, as I'm not sure I can come up with a story for this month. Image isn't working for me...

Might try the July one though. Hope you've been well? And everyone, really...
"She will need coffee soon, or molecular degeneration will set in. Her French phrasing will take over even more strongly, and soon she will dissolve into a puddle of alienation and Kierkegaardian despair."  ~ Jmack

Wishy washy lyricism and maudlin unrequited love are my specialty - so said Lady_Ty

Offline ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2020, 08:06:10 AM »
So nice to hear from you, @Nora! x
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

I'm "She Who Reigns Over Us All In Crimson Cheer", according to Peat!

Offline Nora

• Dropped in from another planet avec son sourire provocateur - et Hades and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • The Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2020, 08:41:34 PM »
Sorry for the long absence @ScarletBea !! I sometimes hover a little, but I've spent my pandemic time not writing at all... and instead channelled all my creativity into doing 3D art. I am trying to pick back up other hobbies so I don't burn out, so I'm making an effort and trying to write, but I'm really an oddball sort of person, when it comes to hobbies. I don't want to let go of writing though... So I'm gonna try and be more diligent.
"She will need coffee soon, or molecular degeneration will set in. Her French phrasing will take over even more strongly, and soon she will dissolve into a puddle of alienation and Kierkegaardian despair."  ~ Jmack

Wishy washy lyricism and maudlin unrequited love are my specialty - so said Lady_Ty