December 01, 2020, 06:40:43 PM

Author Topic: The best story of 2014 - vote now!  (Read 19539 times)

Offline xiagan

• Writing Contest Organizer
  • Powers That Be
  • Ringbearer
  • Master Procrastinator
Re: The best story of 2014 - vote now!
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2015, 08:35:57 PM »
True. (And it's less work for me. ;))

(and by the way, I've just checked, the last monthly winner published on the main site was August's, posted in December - that's a full 4 stories missed from the main site :-\
I've written them and sent them in but have no influence on the schedule. Maybe I'm writing a reminder mail tomorrow...
"Sire, I had no need of that hypothesis." (Laplace)

Offline Hedin

« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2015, 02:06:53 AM »
It's probably time to end the vote.   Yours and Bea's requests brought me to vote earlier in the month (and even voted for March submissions,  will be doing it regularly now) but if it's only 12 votes there doesn't seem to have much more momentum.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 01:23:44 PM by Hedin »

Offline JMack

• Hircum Magna Rex of the Fabled Atku Temple, and writing contest regular
  • Writing Group
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Our daily efforts are love poems to the universe.
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2015, 02:11:58 AM »
I could start a new Title War and change the titles of any regulars who haven't voted. That might be fun. ;)
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline Lady Ty

• Blessed River Lady and Defender of Baby Dragons
  • Ta'veren
  • So-Old-That-She-Can-Nearly-Be-Called-Oldest-Ty
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2015, 07:40:42 AM »

I voted earlier when Bea reminded, so thanks Bea, we need a bump sometimes. There were a lot to read with the monthly ones as well just lately.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 07:46:23 AM by Lady Ty »
“This is the problem with even lesser demons. They come to your doorstep in velvet coats and polished shoes. They tip their hats and smile and demonstrate good table manners. They never show you their tails.” 
Leigh Bardugo, The Language of Thorns: Midnight Tales and Dangerous Magic

Offline ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Administrator
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2015, 07:47:16 AM »
I could start a new Title War and change the titles of any regulars who haven't voted. That might be fun. ;)

You're just saying that because you want Xia's super-powers and know in advance who voted :P ;D
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

I'm "She Who Reigns Over Us All In Crimson Cheer", according to Peat!

Offline Lady Ty

• Blessed River Lady and Defender of Baby Dragons
  • Ta'veren
  • So-Old-That-She-Can-Nearly-Be-Called-Oldest-Ty
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2015, 08:56:44 AM »

You're just saying that because you want Xia's super-powers and know in advance who voted :P ;D

Maybe people with super-powers could  Change and Lock certain people's titles. ;)
“This is the problem with even lesser demons. They come to your doorstep in velvet coats and polished shoes. They tip their hats and smile and demonstrate good table manners. They never show you their tails.” 
Leigh Bardugo, The Language of Thorns: Midnight Tales and Dangerous Magic

Offline Raptori

• Barbarian who does not use the Oxford comma and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • the prettiest kitty cat in the world
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2015, 09:28:34 AM »
I haven't voted, there's just sooo many of them to read, and I still need to read the Rogues ones too...  :-[
I wish the world was flat like the old days, then I could travel just by folding a map.

Offline ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Administrator
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2015, 10:06:17 AM »
Bad Raptori!! >:(
We've been reminding you for aaaaaages!

(psssst, I could tell you which ones to vote for ;) )

Anyway, vote ends May 2, so you have today, tomorrow and Friday! Get reading!!! :D
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

I'm "She Who Reigns Over Us All In Crimson Cheer", according to Peat!

Offline Raptori

• Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2015, 10:36:26 AM »
Yeah I know, it's not that I forgot, it's that there's just such a mountain to read. Not sure I'll have much time over the next few days, got a ton of work to do. We were hoping to write a story for the current contest, but can't see how we're even going to fit that in...  :-\
I wish the world was flat like the old days, then I could travel just by folding a map.

Offline JMack

• Writing Group
  • Big Wee Hag
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2015, 10:52:17 AM »
Yeah I know, it's not that I forgot, it's that there's just such a mountain to read. Not sure I'll have much time over the next few days, got a ton of work to do. We were hoping to write a story for the current contest, but can't see how we're even going to fit that in...  :-\
It's only 14 stories! What's the problem?   :o
Especially since there are really only four you need to read.  8)

Hmmmm...title, Raptori: "the Forum's favorite scapegoat and Writing Contest fail?"   ;) ;D
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline Raptori

• Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2015, 11:09:49 AM »
It's only 14 stories! What's the problem?   :o
Especially since there are really only four you need to read.  8)

Hmmmm...title, Raptori: "the Forum's favorite scapegoat and Writing Contest fail?"   ;) ;D
14 for this, 16 for Rogues; 30 in total. That's roughly a third of a novel...  ???

I'm okay with being a scapegoat. Mostly because all the goat worship around here softens the blow a bit.  :P

Offline ArcaneArtsVelho

• Secretly I'm laughing about jurassic raccoon testicles. And a Writing Contest Regular
  • Auror
  • Only partially responsible for my custom title.
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2015, 11:32:54 AM »
I have voted for Rogues, but reading all the stories for this one will still be a stretch for me. I'm still struggling with my entry for this month's contest. I might not be able to finish it in time.  :(

14 for this, 16 for Rogues; 30 in total. That's roughly a third of a novel...  ???
:o That's A LOT when you think about it like that.  :o

I'm okay with being a scapegoat. Mostly because all the goat worship around here softens the blow a bit.  :P
;D
Everything I wrote above is pure conjecture. I don't know what I'm talking about.

I'm a perfectionist but not very good at anything. That's why I rarely finish things.

Offline JMack

• Writing Group
  • Big Wee Hag
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2015, 11:43:41 AM »
I have voted for Rogues, but reading all the stories for this one will still be a stretch for me. I'm still struggling with my entry for this month's contest. I might not be able to finish it in time.  :(

;D
"Hey, Atku! Got another one for you!"
"Does he want to be a scapegoat, too?"
"Sounds like it."
"Well, he'll just have to wait his turn. I can only cook one newt on this barbecue at a time, and the eyes are damned hard to pull out unless they're cooked."

Sorry, @ArcaneArtsVelho, it'll be a minute or three.
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline Raptori

• Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2015, 12:32:31 PM »
I are scapegoat no more!  8)

Offline ArcaneArtsVelho

• Secretly I'm laughing about jurassic raccoon testicles. And a Writing Contest Regular
  • Auror
  • Only partially responsible for my custom title.
« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2015, 12:48:12 PM »

;D
"Hey, Atku! Got another one for you!"
"Does he want to be a scapegoat, too?"
"Sounds like it."
"Well, he'll just have to wait his turn. I can only cook one newt on this barbecue at a time, and the eyes are damned hard to pull out unless they're cooked."

Sorry, @ArcaneArtsVelho, it'll be a minute or three.
OH NOOOOO!

;D

I wasn't a regular or even a member last year, so I don't think my votes even count when we are voting for last year's best story.  ;)
Everything I wrote above is pure conjecture. I don't know what I'm talking about.

I'm a perfectionist but not very good at anything. That's why I rarely finish things.