October 23, 2018, 04:21:38 AM

Author Topic: The BookNest Fantasy Awards 2018  (Read 313 times)

Offline OnlyOneHighlander

The BookNest Fantasy Awards 2018
« on: October 03, 2018, 05:07:06 PM »
The longlists have been revealed for this year's BookNest Fantasy Awards.

There are four categories for you to vote in this year - Best Traditionally Published Novel, Best Self-Published Novel, Best Debut and Best Imprint - and voting for the shortlists is open until Sunday 14th of October.

Check out who is nominated and vote here: http://booknest.eu/component/k2/Awards/1333

(Declaration of interests: I have a horse in this particular race and while I'd love to say I'm not fishing for votes that would only be partially true... I mean, the prize is a sword!)
“Books make great gifts because they have whole worlds inside of them. And it's much cheaper to buy somebody a book than it is to buy them the whole world!” Neil Gaiman

Check out my book Here Be Dragons here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Here-Be-Dragons-David-Macpherson-ebook/dp/B07CCGBDQW/ref=sr_1_3?s

Offline ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
Re: The BookNest Fantasy Awards 2018
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2018, 06:16:50 PM »
I've voted!
Sorry to say, not for you, basically because @CameronJohnston is there too, and I *have* read his book...
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" - Douglas Adams

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2018, 10:15:06 PM »
Haha, well that is only fair. And I imagine well deserved too.
“Books make great gifts because they have whole worlds inside of them. And it's much cheaper to buy somebody a book than it is to buy them the whole world!” Neil Gaiman

Check out my book Here Be Dragons here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Here-Be-Dragons-David-Macpherson-ebook/dp/B07CCGBDQW/ref=sr_1_3?s

Offline ScarletBea

• Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2018, 08:22:20 AM »
By the way, I should clarify that's only because I don't read ebooks, I need the weight and feel of books in my hands to be able to appreciate it... sorry.

"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" - Douglas Adams

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2018, 11:03:36 PM »
No problem. I'm largely the same. Although I should say, Here Be Dragons is now available in paperback too  ;) ;) But no pressure. I'm sure like me you have a to-read pile that stretches to eternity and back.

Offline ScarletBea

• Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2018, 10:03:42 AM »
No problem. I'm largely the same. Although I should say, Here Be Dragons is now available in paperback too  ;) ;) But no pressure. I'm sure like me you have a to-read pile that stretches to eternity and back.
@OnlyOneHighlander I bought the paperback! :D
Can't promise I'll read it right away, though ;)

Offline CameronJohnston

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2018, 11:16:40 AM »
That is a big list indeed! Good luck @OnlyOneHighlander and thank's Bea :)

Offline ScarletBea

• Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2018, 01:07:04 PM »
@OnlyOneHighlander I bought the paperback! :D
Oh so pretty! ;D
You worked in the House of Lords? :o :o

Offline ScarletBea

• Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2018, 05:43:21 PM »
I just saw the shortlist: none of you went through :'(
I'm not voting on those categories now because I don't know any of those books (only the traditionally published one).