September 29, 2020, 09:25:22 PM

Author Topic: Looking for Books to Read and Review!  (Read 2686 times)

Offline H.A Betancourt

Looking for Books to Read and Review!
« on: January 16, 2017, 04:38:19 AM »
Hello guys!!

So, right now I finished reading a book and since I've come to this forum (which is, yesterday haha) I've found such a heartwarming community of writers. It's awesome. Doesn't matter if it's self-published or not, you all have great works. So I don't know which book to start reading now! So I'm offering to read one or two books by you guys and offer a sincere review either here, or Amazon or Goodreads or whatever floats your boat.

Let the rain of books begin!

Just post in this thread the name of your book, author, number of pages/words and a blurb. If you can, a sample. And I'll pick a couple to read and review!

Saludos!
H.A. Betancourt
Find Your Story. Believe in the impossible, have faith in the unlikely!

Offline Rostum

• Strange Turnip Person and He Who Waits
  • Dragonrider

Offline Quill

Re: Looking for Books to Read and Review!
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2017, 10:36:17 AM »
Try here:

http://fantasy-faction.com/forum/fantasy-book-discussion/here-it-is!-the-5-best-modern-fantasy-poll/90/

I think he meant books by writers frequenting this forum. :) Which is a very kind thing to offer.

You already messaged me about mine, Betancourt, so I'll leave it to your own interest if you want to add it to your reading pile. It's rather long, so I never want to force it on anyone.
The Eagle's Flight - Free ebook for fantasy fans at www.annalsofadal.net

Latest blog post - 7 Ways to Help Indie Authors: www.annalsofadal.net/blog

Online ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Administrator
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2017, 12:01:00 PM »
Let me call the ones I remember (from the 'not internationally famous' group ;D):

@Saraband
@Eli_Freysson
@tebakutis
@TOMunro
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

I'm "She Who Reigns Over Us All In Crimson Cheer", according to Peat!

Offline tebakutis

• Falsely Puffed Up Rascal Pig and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Master Namer
    • www.tebakutis.com
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2017, 03:22:17 PM »
Let the rain of books begin!

If you enjoy adventure fantasy and the excerpt intrigues you, I'd be happy to send you a review copy of my first book, Glyphbinder. Just let me know you preferred format (Kindle, Nook, PDF, etc).

Regarding reviews, I've heard it all (eveything from "I love this book!" to "This is the worst thing I've ever read") so please be honest and don't worry about offending me. If you like it, great! If not, I'll try to make my next one better. Either way, we'll still be friends. :)

You can read some review excerpts at the link in my signature, but I've reposted the stuff you asked for below. If it intrigues you, just PM me and let me know where to send your review copy.

Book: Glyphbinder
Author: T. Eric Bakutis
Number of Pages: 317

Cover:

Blurb:
Kara was thirteen when she learned her mother was dying. Five years later, the last component of her mother's cure waits in the city of Tarna, but that is one journey she may not survive.

Even as a Glyphbinder, a wielder of blood glyphs created by a people long dead, Kara is no match for the madman that hunts her or the dark forces at his beck and call. As those Kara loves fall one by one, her hunter's purpose is finally revealed.

Demons thought long defeated stir now in the shadows of her world, seeking a dark power hidden in Kara's blood. Tireless and without pity, these demons will not be satisfied until they claim Kara's world ... and her soul.

Sample:
http://talesofthefive.wordpress.com/2015/07/28/chapter-1/

Offline Rostum

• Strange Turnip Person and He Who Waits
  • Dragonrider
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2017, 10:05:45 PM »
I think he meant books by writers frequenting this forum. :) Which is a very kind thing to offer.

You already messaged me about mine, Betancourt, so I'll leave it to your own interest if you want to add it to your reading pile. It's rather long, so I never want to force it on anyone.

Ahh what happens when I read the site before the second cup of coffee. My apologies.

Offline JCkang

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2017, 12:38:56 PM »
Are you still looking for new books to read and review?  I tried to send this by PM, but it didn't seem to work.

I'd be happy to send you a review copy of Songs of Insurrection.  Email me at: jc.kang.author@gmail.com if you are interested.

Offline JMack

• Hircum Magna Rex of the Fabled Atku Temple, and writing contest regular
  • Writing Group
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Our daily efforts are love poems to the universe.
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2017, 03:45:31 PM »
Are you still looking for new books to read and review?  I tried to send this by PM, but it didn't seem to work.

I'd be happy to send you a review copy of Songs of Insurrection.  Email me at: jc.kang.author@gmail.com if you are interested.

By the way, that is truly awesome cover art
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline JCkang

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2017, 04:21:48 PM »
By the way, that is truly awesome cover art

Thank you! I recently rebranded the series and gave it a new title, so as to target the epic fantasy audience better.  As much as I loved the original covers, they screamed YA Fantasy/Historical Fantasy Romance.

Offline Rtran

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2017, 02:00:07 AM »
I would love for you to try my forst book. "The Rashade'" available on Amazon. I would be happy to send you a PDF or link to a free kindle copy. This is the first book in a series the second is due out this June. 

After her father was murdered before her eyes, Mara Coranyda traded a life of privilege, for one devoted to vengeance. Shortly into her quest to find the mage that murdered him, Mara discovered it wouldn't be an easy task to accomplish. Not only would she have to find the magical artifacts to destroy him, but she would also have to raise an army to stop his conquest of her homelands.

PM me if you are interested.