October 17, 2019, 08:01:04 PM

Author Topic: Twitter  (Read 57558 times)

Offline professional-liar

Re: Twitter
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2011, 06:36:54 PM »
I'm @smroy
Check out my webcomic-The Venom King www.venomkingcomic.com

Offline TankSpill

« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2011, 04:04:54 PM »
I'm @TankSpill on twitter.  I follow back anyone who follows me, and promise to try to say something interesting every now and then.  Mostly right now, you can find me participating in the #wotrr hashtag re-read of The Wheel of Time with Brandon Sanderson as he re-reads the series to prepare to write the last book.
We play in another house, what should we fear?
A Treacherous Memory - In which I talk about fantasy novels I like, or would like to read.
@TankSpill

Offline Funky Scarecrow

« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2011, 04:54:48 PM »
I'm @FunkyScarecrow on twitter. I follow anyone who a. follows me, and b. doesn't appear to be a spambot. Don't expect a lot of relevance or regularity with the updates, though. For a chatty and garrulous sort of bloke in real life, I'm a bit on the quiet side when it comes to online social networking.
I am NOT short. I'm further away than I look.

Offline Tsuchigari

« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2011, 05:45:26 PM »
@tsuchigari here - tune in for updates on my posts about writing!

Offline Autumn2May

• Word Mage
  • Administrator
  • Khaleesi
  • Does the noise in my head bother you?
    • View Profile
    • The Write Way To Type - Writing Blog
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2011, 05:59:18 PM »
I'm @FunkyScarecrow on twitter. I follow anyone who a. follows me, and b. doesn't appear to be a spambot. Don't expect a lot of relevance or regularity with the updates, though. For a chatty and garrulous sort of bloke in real life, I'm a bit on the quiet side when it comes to online social networking.

I can't find you on twitter.  Can you post a link to your profile?

Offline michaelramm

« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2011, 06:03:07 PM »

I believe that this is it: http://twitter.com/#!/FunkyScarecrow
Currently Reading: Hunted [Iron Druid #6]
Favorite Authors: Tolkien, Sanderson, Kemp, Salvatore, Sullivan, Hearne
goodreads: michaelramm

Offline Autumn2May

• Word Mage
  • Administrator
  • Khaleesi
  • Does the noise in my head bother you?
    • View Profile
    • The Write Way To Type - Writing Blog
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2011, 06:23:49 PM »

I believe that this is it: http://twitter.com/#!/FunkyScarecrow

Thanks! :)

Offline BrendanCarroll

« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2011, 11:52:59 PM »
Brendan Carroll is @BrendanCarroll7.  Feel free.
Assassin Chronicles ~The Red Cross of Gold Series
Available on Kindle at Amazon.com, Paperback at Amazon.com and also at Smashwords.com
http://tinyurl.com/Brendan-Carroll7

Offline Passiko

« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2011, 02:26:18 PM »
I am @passiko on twitter. That's how I found this place. Was looking for some good ideas on books and found it. I don't post much, but its a great place to chat bout things with like minded people. Hope to see y'all there.

strangerbabble

« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2011, 06:59:06 PM »
Hi, I'm @strangerbabble
Thrilled to so quickly find FF... look forward to discovering more diamonds in the detritus!

« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 07:02:18 PM by strangerbabble »

Offline MTMaenpaa

« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2011, 08:15:26 PM »
@MatthewTMaenpaa - and I'm pretty good about following back, though most of my tweets are horrendously random.
Foodie, Chef, Writer, Reader, Father, Geek

http://laughingcook.wordpress.com/

Offline missoularedhead

« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2011, 10:03:52 PM »
I missed the post about why one should use twitter…

I like twitter for a couple of reasons.  One is that it keeps things short. But more so, as a rural community college instructor, I really don't have a lot of people to talk pedagogy with.  However, with twitter, I can see what other people are doing in their online classes, discuss the latest plugins, follow innovative things like the Digital Humanities stuff that's happening right now, find out about conferences and grants.

And oh, via twitter, I managed to snag a 4 day pass for SDCC, Wild Wild West Con, and PHXCon.  All for the super early buyer price.
"Well behaved women rarely make history" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Offline MTMaenpaa

« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2011, 12:39:47 AM »
I too was a late-comer to Twitter, being generally stodgy about internet social trends.  What got me using it, other than as a promotional tool for my blog, was to help establish an Author platform.  From what I've heard from friends in the industry (interns mostly), publishers look for authors that have begun to self-promote at least a year in advance, from blogging to tweeting.  The more of a following you can develop for yourself, the more likely a publisher will consider your work.  Seems like sound logic, so I figured what the hell.
Foodie, Chef, Writer, Reader, Father, Geek

http://laughingcook.wordpress.com/

Offline WizardofWestmarch

• Half a King
  • Awesomeness at a Mile High
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2011, 06:50:46 AM »
Twitter has a couple interesting uses.

One, you can set up RSS feeds for interesting keywords (for me, I follow Clojure [an interesting  programming language]) which has lead me to having discussions with some rather brilliant people, 140 characters at a time, including authors of some of the books about the language that are coming out.

It's also let me talk with some of my fellow writing enthusiasts local to me (I live in the Denver area) mostly met through NaNoWriMo but some have been beyond that as well.

In general it's a great way to come in contact with very smart people and have some interesting discussions... within limits of course ;)
Lover and would be writer of fantasy
My tumblelog on writing

Offline ChrisMB

« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2011, 04:27:37 PM »
I started using Twitter about a month or two ago at the behest of a friend. I use it to follow podcasts and authors that I like, as well as keeping updated on things happening in writing.

If anyone wants to follow me, I'm ChristopherMB87