September 17, 2019, 05:56:09 PM

Author Topic: Say Hi, I'm new thread  (Read 246801 times)

Offline Lizander

Re: Say Hi, I'm new thread
« Reply #855 on: March 22, 2014, 09:30:59 PM »
Hello my name is Kevin.  I've been trying my hand at writing for a long while though that was limited to roleplaying.  It wasn't until last year's Nano that I decided to tackle a project of my own.  I actually made that decision the day before Nano started, and I'm still working on that project.

Anyway, this forum seems like a really cool place and I needed a new site to call my home.  I look forward to engaging with you all.

« Reply #856 on: April 19, 2014, 08:00:25 PM »
Hello all from sunny north-east England - my name is Tom. I've been dabbling in writing fiction and want to take the next step in jotting down the many ideas that seem to pop into my head at inopportune moments, hopefully with the help of some of the doubtlessly veteran writers on here.

I enjoy fantasy, urban fantasy and sci-fi equally and I'm looking forward to expanding my reading list in all three categories with some recommendations from yourselves (something I really, really need to do as my current 'read' list is pathetic).

Offline Ben

« Reply #857 on: May 03, 2014, 03:18:21 AM »
New poster warning.

My name is Ben (obviously) I am 31 years old and I found my way here from Joe Abercrombie's website as I was lurking for a tidbit of information.

Offline Jamie Maltman

« Reply #858 on: May 14, 2014, 10:37:34 PM »
Found my way here a few weeks ago, but never found the Hi I'm New Board.

So now I'm here.

I've been reading fantasy ever since I could read - my mother read Narnia to me when I was 3 and at some point I took over from her and finished the Horse and His Boy myself. Read Tolkien the first time soon after and I was well on my way. Read whatever fantasy I could find in the library until I discovered D&D and other RPGs and then read those books too, and other than a slowdown during university and just after, have been reading fantasy ever since.

Just published the first book in my fantasy series two months ago, and two days ago finished the first draft of book 2. Excited to be a part of the community here!

And I have a lot of messageboard experience, having been a moderator of part of one for my sports-fanism for over a decade now.

Offline Wade Garret

« Reply #859 on: May 25, 2014, 02:01:18 AM »
HI, my name is Wade.

*HI Wade*

Nice to meet everyone. I'm an Author...I write F/SF my first Steam/Dieselpunk + Dark Fantasy book is Genesis: Book One of The Kingdom Come Series, published by Black Bed Sheet Books. (sigh)

*The First step in admitting you have a problem, is facing it*

Embraced in group hug

That's why I'm here, I can't stop. :)

wjgarret.blogspot.com
@wadejgarret

Offline xiagan

• Writing Contest Organizer
  • Powers That Be
  • Elderling
  • Master Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: May 29, 2014, 09:23:56 PM »
Hello and welcome, all of you. :) I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay!
"Sire, I had no need of that hypothesis." (Laplace)

Offline Kim ten Tusscher

« Reply #861 on: May 29, 2014, 09:55:21 PM »
A warm welcome to all of you!
Fantasy is distant from the real world. Because that’s the only way to oversee reality.

Excerpts for Hydrhaga and Bound in Darkness at: http://kimtentusscher.com/duisteren.html

Essentia-Li

« Reply #862 on: June 12, 2014, 03:33:58 PM »
LOL I missed this thread ... I thought you had to make your own 'Hi' thread. So here I am saying 'hi' again.

I'm a ferocious reader of all kinds of books, not just sci-fi / fantasy although there are more fantasy books than anything else on my reader. I write, have a book of short stories published, am working on two novels (I get stuck and then work on the other to keep the juices flowing - I wouldn't recommend it but it works for me.)  I'm not a planner so I don't do the whole character building, down to what shoes they own thing. Again not dissing it if that is what works for you, it just doesn't do 'it' for me. I find I get so darn bored that the writing suffers and I have to confess I do think - who cares cos I don't LOL. Yeah yeah I know it is a proven technique and has its merits if you have created this whole huge giant universe ............ maybe one day ......

Other than boring you with a whole long list of what I've read .... its easier to just say I've read a LOT. My poor reader has indigestion from all the books I have on it - somehow they just don't design them to cope with lots of books. Word to manufacturers on the remotest chance one might read this - some of us not only READ but like to keep what we read to read again!

So here is the end of my second hello. Bye.

Offline shipp_ahoy

« Reply #863 on: June 27, 2014, 03:28:37 AM »
Hello! I'm shipp_ahoy (obviously). I've been lurking on here for ages, and decided to finally jump in. This seems to be the best place to start, so... hi!

I'm a writer, reader, and overall quiet person who prefers to sit the corner.

Offline Eclipse

• Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
  • Dragonrider
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: June 27, 2014, 05:11:57 PM »
Hello! I'm shipp_ahoy (obviously). I've been lurking on here for ages, and decided to finally jump in. This seems to be the best place to start, so... hi!

I'm a writer, reader, and overall quiet person who prefers to sit the corner.

Welcome don't be afraid to post and get out of that corner  :)
According to some,* heroic deaths are admirable things

* Generally those who don't have to do it.Politicians and writers spring to mind

Jonathan Stroud:Ptolmy's Gate

Offline b4u2bweird

« Reply #865 on: June 30, 2014, 04:24:24 AM »
hi...i'm newbie from Indonesia...

love to read fantasy, mystery and children books...

willing to have a new friend all over the world who has same taste in books.... :D

my nickname is b4u2bweird on every site that i use (but currently i only active on fb, twitter and instagram). and my original name is Wahyu Nurasman (why should i make it secret since you can google it and found it there)

here's my GR account
https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/17599645-wahyu-nurasman

and nice to know you all...
Sorry for my english :)

Offline Navik

« Reply #866 on: July 02, 2014, 08:45:54 PM »
Hi! I'm Navik and I'm new around here  :)

I love reading and discussing Fantasy (and Sci-Fi) books and this seems like a great place do that.   :D

Offline Saraband

• Haggis eater, fantasy scribbler and a Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Master Namer
  • Geeky Reading (and Writing) Introvert
    • View Profile
    • BrawBlether
« Reply #867 on: July 02, 2014, 08:48:37 PM »
Welcome to all the new faces/names around here!  ;)
https://brawblether.com

"Poor gauzy souls trying to express ourselves in something tangible." - F. S. Fitzgerald

"Wherever I wander, wherever I rove,
The hills of the Highlands for ever I love." - Robert Burns

Offline xiagan

• Writing Contest Organizer
  • Powers That Be
  • Elderling
  • Master Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: July 02, 2014, 08:56:11 PM »
What he said!  ;D

You definitely found the right place, welcome! :)
"Sire, I had no need of that hypothesis." (Laplace)

Offline JamesLatimer

« Reply #869 on: July 04, 2014, 11:03:22 PM »
I guess I forgot to introduce myself.  I'm James and I love to read and write fantasy.  Not sure why, since I don't really like too much magic or elves.  I like low medieval fantasy, and have spent a lot of time browsing dusty shelves for older examples of the genre--which is not to say I don't like some of the progressive new stuff as well.  (Just not the stuff in the middle!)  Recently I've been also finding a fair few indie authors writing books that suits my particular tastes as well.  I write myself, but seeing how little I seem to care for what's popular, I don't expect anyone to be interested! ;)

Oh and I'm on twitter and tumblr and facebook and Autharium should you care to hunt me out.

Really enjoying the community so far!