September 17, 2019, 05:59:42 PM

Author Topic: Say Hi, I'm new thread  (Read 246809 times)

Offline Charlemagne

Re: Say Hi, I'm new thread
« Reply #795 on: May 28, 2013, 03:18:37 AM »
Hi, I'm another newbie and another indy author! This looks like a great forum. I'm doing some dabbling in fantasy forums, looking for a community of other writers and readers to be at home with. I like epic fantasy the best, RJ, Robin Hobb, GRRM, Tad Williams, Brandon Sanderson but I'll read just about anything. I also want to find other indy authors who write epic fantasy (and other kinds too) and share the trials and joys of writing/publishing.

Since I'm new to forums and they can be kind of overwhelming, I'd like to ask anyone who has time to respond, what do you find the most useful/engaging/fun about this forum (or forums in general)? Where is the best place to start conversing (ha ha, after this thread, that is).

Haha! You sound like you'll fit right in! Like Chill said, the Fantasy Book Discussion is a great place to start. However, if you just want to chat about random things with all us Factioneers, and just try to get to know everyone, I'd recommend "The King's Paws". It's a bookmarked thread (meaning it's in blue, at the top), and inside the "General Discussion" board, second from the bottom of the main index.

I hope you enjoy your stay!
Find me on the web at http://singmuses.wordpress.com

Offline selahjtaysong

« Reply #796 on: May 28, 2013, 04:29:06 PM »
Thanks Charlemagne, I'm glad to be here! I'll check out the King's Paws!
Reading, we dream together
Join me in Dreams of QaiMaj!
http://www.selahjtaysong.com

Offline ladybritches

« Reply #797 on: June 02, 2013, 11:31:17 PM »

Hi, all. I've been following FF on twitter and reading the blog for a while now, but fore some reason didn't think about joining the discussion forum until today. Looks like a fun place.   :)

Offline Arry

• Cat of the Canals
  • Administrator
  • Elderling
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
    • Tenacious Reader
« Reply #798 on: June 03, 2013, 02:39:51 PM »

Hi, all. I've been following FF on twitter and reading the blog for a while now, but fore some reason didn't think about joining the discussion forum until today. Looks like a fun place.   :)
Welcome! Glad to have you join in! And glad to see you found the book club too :)
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only once.”
-- George R.R. Martin

http://www.tenaciousreader.com

http://www.speculativeherald.com

Offline ladybritches

« Reply #799 on: June 03, 2013, 10:19:35 PM »

Welcome! Glad to have you join in! And glad to see you found the book club too :)

Thanks for the welcome. I was pretty excited when I saw the book club was reading a book I already own. My TBR pile is rather large.  ;D

Offline Ryan Stonepeak

« Reply #800 on: June 20, 2013, 09:40:28 PM »
Howdy everyone, I'm Ryan

I've been coming up with ideas for things to write about for a while now, but I'm just starting to write them down. Hopefully you can expect to see me becoming more active on the forums, as well as submitting a few of my works.
"We're all nerds here, no need to be socially awkward"

Offline Doctor_Chill

• RPG Ringleader and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Ta'veren
  • You've been pugged.
    • View Profile
    • Acerbic Writing
« Reply #801 on: June 20, 2013, 10:13:32 PM »
Howdy everyone, I'm Ryan

I've been coming up with ideas for things to write about for a while now, but I'm just starting to write them down. Hopefully you can expect to see me becoming more active on the forums, as well as submitting a few of my works.

Cool. Glad to have you Ryan.

Considering you're a writer, I would recommend heading on over to the Writer's Corner. Ask anything, even submit some of your work for the monthly writing competition. Or try to improve your stuff at the Work to be Critiqued Board.

Hope your enjoy your stay! :)
“It’s a dangerous thing, pretense. A man ought to know who he is, even if he isn’t proud to be it.” - Tomorrow the Killing, Daniel Polansky

Offline Sa5muelSB

« Reply #802 on: July 18, 2013, 07:14:38 PM »
Hi...I am Samuel and also followed the crumbs from Twitter (Sa5muelSB)...
Samuel S. B.

Offline Autumn2May

• Word Mage
  • Administrator
  • Khaleesi
  • Does the noise in my head bother you?
    • View Profile
    • The Write Way To Type - Writing Blog
« Reply #803 on: July 18, 2013, 07:23:53 PM »
Welcome Samuel! Glad you found us! :)

Offline AlisonLyke

« Reply #804 on: August 03, 2013, 02:41:38 AM »
Hello. I'm a huge fan of fantasy, sci-fi, and horror. I'm also a poet and author. I'm looking to connect with other fantasy writers and chat about fandom.
"Every production of an artist should be the expression of an adventure of his soul." - W. Somerset Maugham

Offline Charlemagne

« Reply #805 on: August 03, 2013, 03:09:03 AM »
Hi Alison! Glad you've found us, and you've definitely come to the right place!

Just ignore all the casual insanity that goes on. You'll get used to it eventually. ;)
Find me on the web at http://singmuses.wordpress.com

Offline AlisonLyke

« Reply #806 on: August 04, 2013, 01:39:27 AM »
Hi Alison! Glad you've found us, and you've definitely come to the right place!

Just ignore all the casual insanity that goes on. You'll get used to it eventually. ;)

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'll take casual insanity over formal insanity any day  :D
"Every production of an artist should be the expression of an adventure of his soul." - W. Somerset Maugham

Offline Gabriele

« Reply #807 on: August 04, 2013, 06:15:45 PM »
Another one who found this place via Twitter (which I joined a few days ago). Someone retweeted a FantasyFaction post, I read it, then more posts, clicked around and it went downhill from there.  :D

I'm an avid reader, history and travel blogger (who should update more often  ;) ) and writer, mostly of historical fiction involving Romans, but I also have a Fantasy Monster in the making.

Offline Arry

• Cat of the Canals
  • Administrator
  • Elderling
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
    • Tenacious Reader
« Reply #808 on: August 04, 2013, 06:21:51 PM »
Welcome! Glad you found us :)
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only once.”
-- George R.R. Martin

http://www.tenaciousreader.com

http://www.speculativeherald.com

Offline Sindran

« Reply #809 on: August 07, 2013, 10:45:27 PM »
Hi!

I've been following fantasy-faction for a year now. I've decided to join for convenience and to meet new people who have an interest in fantasy and sci-fi.