September 17, 2019, 06:02:29 PM

Author Topic: Say Hi, I'm new thread  (Read 246814 times)

Offline Jaedia

Re: Say Hi, I'm new thread
« Reply #750 on: January 21, 2013, 02:31:08 PM »
Hi all, just ducking in to give a quick introduction. I'm a lifelong fantasy addict, also a writer, a sometime artist. My first book is coming out in February. I have a few anthology pieces out/coming out. One is considered paranormal. The other is fantasy. I read mostly fantasy and urban fantasy but I do so enjoy a well-done space opera. Emphasis on well-done.

Hi Kathi! I love urban fantasy, sounds like fun! Good luck with the release. :D

Offline Arry

• Cat of the Canals
  • Administrator
  • Elderling
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
    • Tenacious Reader
« Reply #751 on: January 21, 2013, 02:31:30 PM »
I took a look at Writer's Corner just now, looks like my sort of spot. One of my favorite ways to procrastinate getting to my writing is to talk and read about writing ;)
Procrastinate?? We wouldnt know anything about that here ;)

It can be great for procrastinating, but it can also be wonderful for advice, tips, encouragement and everything else to help keep people going (and writing) :)

There are also a number of great articles for writers on our main site: http://fantasy-faction.com/category/writers
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only once.”
-- George R.R. Martin

http://www.tenaciousreader.com

http://www.speculativeherald.com

Offline shep5377

« Reply #752 on: January 21, 2013, 08:31:49 PM »
I took a look at Writer's Corner just now, looks like my sort of spot. One of my favorite ways to procrastinate getting to my writing is to talk and read about writing ;)

It can be great for procrastinating, but it can also be wonderful for advice, tips, encouragement and everything else to help keep people going (and writing) :)

There are also a number of great articles for writers on our main site: http://fantasy-faction.com/category/writers

I have no idea what procrastinating is.....

Welcome!

Offline anachronoxian

« Reply #753 on: January 21, 2013, 08:36:41 PM »

I have no idea what procrastinating is.....

Welcome!

I've been cruising the site, many gems to to be found. Thank you, and thanks for the welcomes!
j. michael diebold

we wake only for a moment
light dancing upon the river of time

Offline KathiLS

« Reply #754 on: January 24, 2013, 12:01:15 PM »
Good luck with the release.
Thanks, Jaedia. Doing a cover reveal Monday, and a blog tour through February. Nerve-wracking and fun all rolled into one.
~ Kathi
I write only because there is a voice within me that will not be stilled.     ~Sylvia Plath

Offline Lettydraws

« Reply #755 on: January 26, 2013, 03:32:39 PM »
Hi everyone! I'm a writer, illustrator and comics artist, basically looking to trade inspiration and stuff. And also, I'll admit, hoping to increase the number of people aware of my work. :P

Offline shep5377

« Reply #756 on: January 26, 2013, 04:29:44 PM »
Welcome. In sure if get involved in the forums loads of people will be interested in your work!

Offline Lurlok

« Reply #757 on: January 27, 2013, 09:49:45 PM »
I forgot to say hi, so...hi! ;) Besides fantasy I also like sci-fi, though I prefer a visual medium for sci-fi instead of sci-fi novels. Well, off I go to roam the faction!

Offline Jeni

« Reply #758 on: January 28, 2013, 03:11:42 AM »
I forgot to say hi, so...hi! ;) Besides fantasy I also like sci-fi, though I prefer a visual medium for sci-fi instead of sci-fi novels. Well, off I go to roam the faction!

Hello  :)

And welcome to our mad little corner of the interwebs  :P

Offline Nighteyes

• Send me Leopard Erotica.
  • Ringbearer
  • OH WOW! JUST WORKED OUT HOW TO DO THIS!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: January 28, 2013, 10:39:16 PM »
Where is everyone coming from? Loving the new influx but any reason for it? 

BTW - Howdy one and all!
The Real Powers That Be

Offline Jaedia

« Reply #760 on: January 28, 2013, 11:42:41 PM »
Where is everyone coming from? Loving the new influx but any reason for it? 

BTW - Howdy one and all!

It's not me! Wish it was.. but it's not!

« Reply #761 on: January 29, 2013, 11:08:10 AM »
Hope I'm in the right place...

Just thought I'd say hi, as I'm new to the whole forum thing, and don't entirely know what I'm doing (got lured in by the promsie of book club ;) )

I love ALL the fantasy and a dash of Sci-Fi. I'm a gamer. I do a little art-malarky, and I'm trying to teach myself animation - but that's a slow process.

Looking forward to your complex character discussions :P

Thanks in advance everyone: I'm sure it'll be nice to meet you. x

(Oh, and I don't remember how I found you, but I've been following the site for months, probably Twitter)

Offline Jaedia

« Reply #762 on: January 29, 2013, 01:54:46 PM »
Hi LittleMissEdi! Sure you won't be disappointed - it's a fab community here.. Lor makes sure of that. xD

Offline shep5377

Say Hi, I'm new thread
« Reply #763 on: January 29, 2013, 06:32:32 PM »
Welcome! Love fantasy with a dash if Sci Fi? Sounds perfect!

Offline Javna

« Reply #764 on: January 30, 2013, 02:24:07 AM »
Hope I'm in the right place...

Just thought I'd say hi, as I'm new to the whole forum thing, and don't entirely know what I'm doing (got lured in by the promsie of book club ;) )

I love ALL the fantasy and a dash of Sci-Fi. I'm a gamer. I do a little art-malarky, and I'm trying to teach myself animation - but that's a slow process.

Looking forward to your complex character discussions :P

Thanks in advance everyone: I'm sure it'll be nice to meet you. x

(Oh, and I don't remember how I found you, but I've been following the site for months, probably Twitter)

HI! I'm new also! Just joined about twenty minutes ago and am also a bit new to the whole forum thing and I could use a little direction. I found this site by searching for fantasy book club on google. I too am a gamer (360, ps3, and wii) I look forward to the February read. I'm an American awaiting residency in Canada and I have too much time on my hands so reading is good. Hi all!