October 20, 2019, 07:26:37 AM

Author Topic: Say Hi, I'm new thread  (Read 258701 times)

David Bridger

Re: Say Hi, I'm new thread
« Reply #585 on: July 14, 2012, 02:59:12 PM »
Oh! Sorry, I went and started an introduction thread all of my own before I noticed this one. That'll teach me to slow down to a walk in a new place.

I'm David. SFF author. Very happy to find this forum, which looks brilliant, and the whole excellent site surrounding it.

Offline Lor

• Pictish Wonder
  • Master Namer
  • Queen of the Pirates
    • View Profile
    • The Marketplace of Opinions
« Reply #586 on: July 14, 2012, 03:31:34 PM »
Welcome! :D you will find we are a lovely bunch here, so you should have lots  of fun. And any problems don't be afraid to give the mods a shout, it's what we're here for! ;)
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye." - Miss Piggy

Offline robertbevan

« Reply #587 on: July 14, 2012, 03:44:02 PM »
welcome david. i've made a few mistakes here, and mods have moved my threads to appropriate places, but they've been super nice about it and always waved off my apologies. i think you'll find you like it here if you give it a chance.

David Bridger

« Reply #588 on: July 14, 2012, 03:44:39 PM »
Thanks, Lor and Robert. :)

Offline Graeme Brown Winnipeg

« Reply #589 on: July 15, 2012, 08:55:12 PM »
Hi all,

My name is Graeme.  I'm new here, looking forward to contributing to some of the topics you have.  This seems like a very useful forum, with lots of good topics.  I love fantasy (reading and writing), especially George R. R. Martin, and have written quite a bit of my own stuff.  Will be posting more soon!

Offline Fallen One

• Chrestomanci
  • At long last I crafted a decent profile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: July 15, 2012, 10:35:13 PM »
Hi all,

My name is Graeme.  I'm new here, looking forward to contributing to some of the topics you have.  This seems like a very useful forum, with lots of good topics.  I love fantasy (reading and writing), especially George R. R. Martin, and have written quite a bit of my own stuff.  Will be posting more soon!

Be welcome ;)

If you could please give your opinions on my work "Return of the Reaper" (in the "Work to be critiqued" forum), I would be really grateful :D
Director and editor of Nerd Alert Magazine:
 https://www.facebook.com/NerdAlertMagazine

Offline ChrisMB

« Reply #591 on: July 17, 2012, 01:27:49 PM »
Welcome to all the recent newcomers! It's always great to see new faces around the site :)

Offline AmyKeeley

« Reply #592 on: July 19, 2012, 07:04:31 PM »
A belated thank you for the welcome all.  :-[  :)

Offline NinjaRaptor

« Reply #593 on: July 23, 2012, 10:34:18 PM »
Hello everyone,

I'm a Bio-Anthropology major at UCSD, but I also enjoy history (especially African), paleontology, and writing fantasy. I look forward to joining this community!
NEW self-published anthology:
Dinosaurs & Dames

Offline Autumn2May

• Word Mage
  • Administrator
  • Khaleesi
  • Does the noise in my head bother you?
    • View Profile
    • The Write Way To Type - Writing Blog
« Reply #594 on: July 24, 2012, 01:47:52 AM »
Hello everyone,

I'm a Bio-Anthropology major at UCSD, but I also enjoy history (especially African), paleontology, and writing fantasy. I look forward to joining this community!

Welcome! Glad you found us! :)

Offline Aximand

« Reply #595 on: July 27, 2012, 06:32:16 AM »
Hello,
I have been lurking around here for about six months and decided it was finally time to join in on the conversations. I am a lifelong science fiction and fantasy lover, reading and watching as much as I could get my hands on since I was a kid.

I am working on my first novel, although it is still in the early stages. I also submitted a short story to the Fantasy-Faction anthology and have my fingers crossed that I will win.  ;D I am really excited to join this community, and can't wait to talk about my favorite genre.

Offline Idlewilder

« Reply #596 on: July 27, 2012, 08:21:26 AM »
Hello,
I have been lurking around here for about six months and decided it was finally time to join in on the conversations. I am a lifelong science fiction and fantasy lover, reading and watching as much as I could get my hands on since I was a kid.

I am working on my first novel, although it is still in the early stages. I also submitted a short story to the Fantasy-Faction anthology and have my fingers crossed that I will win.  ;D I am really excited to join this community, and can't wait to talk about my favorite genre.

Hello and Welcome to Fantasy Faction!  ;D
Make Another World.

Offline Phil the Drill

« Reply #597 on: July 28, 2012, 10:24:16 AM »
Hello everyone!  My name's Phil.  I found my way over here from Mythic Scribes, another great writing community where I'm a moderator and article writer.  I'm hoping to find lots of new, awesomely cool fantasy lovers as myself here.  A little bit more about myself:  I live in Japan currently, have been writing for "a while" and enjoy watching movies, traveling, and pro wrestling.  I was an independent pro wrestler for 4 years back home in the US.  Good times...

Anyway, I look forward to meeting many of you here!
“I live, I burn with life, I love, I slay, & am content.” Robert E. Howard

Offline robertbevan

« Reply #598 on: July 28, 2012, 12:46:26 PM »
hey phil! good to see you here!

Offline NinjaRaptor

« Reply #599 on: July 29, 2012, 04:35:11 AM »
Hello everyone!  My name's Phil.  I found my way over here from Mythic Scribes, another great writing community where I'm a moderator and article writer.  I'm hoping to find lots of new, awesomely cool fantasy lovers as myself here.  A little bit more about myself:  I live in Japan currently, have been writing for "a while" and enjoy watching movies, traveling, and pro wrestling.  I was an independent pro wrestler for 4 years back home in the US.  Good times...

Anyway, I look forward to meeting many of you here!

Hey, I'm Jabrosky from over MS!
NEW self-published anthology:
Dinosaurs & Dames