September 21, 2019, 12:10:19 AM

Author Topic: Say Hi, I'm new thread  (Read 247596 times)

Offline Autumn2May

• Word Mage
  • Administrator
  • Khaleesi
  • Does the noise in my head bother you?
    • View Profile
    • The Write Way To Type - Writing Blog
Re: Say Hi, I'm new thread
« Reply #495 on: April 04, 2012, 01:54:15 PM »
Hello! I'm very new to here, but very old when it comes to fantasy... to say I've been in the fantasy game for a while is an understatement! It's always good to meet new fantasy peeps, though, and this seems like a friendly place to indulge in something a lot of other writing sites deem a bit peculiar at best (and downright wrong at worst).

I'm currently revising / editing my first proper non-fanfic, actually finished fantasy novel (that isn't a D&D rip off deep down), and a fantasy artist. I also write a lot of horror (Lovecraftian, mainly), have two beautiful daughters (3 and 9 months) and teach English for a living.

Welcome to the site Mistresselysia!  Great to have you here! :)

Offline Yelnoc

« Reply #496 on: April 05, 2012, 05:09:44 AM »
Hi, I'm new!

I like to write and dream one day of being published.  I've got all kinds of projects going on, but none of them are really going anywhere.  I guess I need to prioritize.  Anyways, I'm glad to be a member here!

Offline Autumn2May

• Word Mage
  • Administrator
  • Khaleesi
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: April 05, 2012, 02:48:44 PM »
Hi, I'm new!

I like to write and dream one day of being published.  I've got all kinds of projects going on, but none of them are really going anywhere.  I guess I need to prioritize.  Anyways, I'm glad to be a member here!

Welcome Yelnoc!  We're glad you found us! :)

Offline Indulgent_Words

• Builder
  • Not making mistakes? Your playing it too safe.
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: April 06, 2012, 04:46:45 PM »
Good morning from Whittier Ca. in the good ol' US of A. I've been a guest a good while loving the articles and such. Finally decided to join up and like many as the O.P. said it so eloquently,followed the bread crumbs here from twitter via @fantasy-faction. I am a husband and father of two, I love being a dad.

I write fantasy fiction mostly, for fun more than anything. I think it'd be nice to get published but well, its never been my dream to sell a lot of books, just to write em'. I believe in passion in words, love for the craft, and above all being true to the dream you have for the world you create; line by line.

My latest project is to be big, I can tell by the flow and the rate of movement through the empathy stage of introducing my main players. I want to wrap social commentary in about what I don't like in this world and why within layers of wild wilderness and obscure old magic systems contrasting with the order of empires and perhaps oppressive regimes.

I am a starvingly lonely writer, need me some writing friends so feel free to call on me for help, advice, a fresh set of eyes, or even just ideas; I am never in short supply of those.

Lastly, glad to be a member, I love the premise and purpose of this site and I enjoy the articles immensely. Its good to be a part of you fine folks, I look forward to weighing in and adding to thoughts and threads. Good day to all of you and good writing wishes!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 04:49:13 PM by Indulgent_Words »
In order to exist just once in this world, it is necessary never again to exist.

Offline Autumn2May

• Word Mage
  • Administrator
  • Khaleesi
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: April 06, 2012, 05:11:04 PM »
Good morning from Whittier Ca. in the good ol' US of A. I've been a guest a good while loving the articles and such. Finally decided to join up and like many as the O.P. said it so eloquently,followed the bread crumbs here from twitter via @fantasy-faction. I am a husband and father of two, I love being a dad.

I write fantasy fiction mostly, for fun more than anything. I think it'd be nice to get published but well, its never been my dream to sell a lot of books, just to write em'. I believe in passion in words, love for the craft, and above all being true to the dream you have for the world you create; line by line.

My latest project is to be big, I can tell by the flow and the rate of movement through the empathy stage of introducing my main players. I want to wrap social commentary in about what I don't like in this world and why within layers of wild wilderness and obscure old magic systems contrasting with the order of empires and perhaps oppressive regimes.

I am a starvingly lonely writer, need me some writing friends so feel free to call on me for help, advice, a fresh set of eyes, or even just ideas; I am never in short supply of those.

Lastly, glad to be a member, I love the premise and purpose of this site and I enjoy the articles immensely. Its good to be a part of you fine folks, I look forward to weighing in and adding to thoughts and threads. Good day to all of you and good writing wishes!

Welcome!  Always glad to have another writer on board!  Hope you enjoy your stay! :)

Offline R.A.Savary

• Seeker
  • Me is just me; mirrored background is fantasy....
    • View Profile
    • R.A.Savary.com
« Reply #500 on: April 06, 2012, 11:46:39 PM »
Hi, I'm Rodney, from Twin Ports, Duluth/Superior (Minnesota, Wisconsin). I am working hard at exposing myself in public, and trying to build up a bio and attract some extra energy and support for my novel, "Special." After I completed the first draft, I created a website with the intent of attracting agents or publishers, and general support. I am involved in the query process, (aka, the rejection process) and I have also been submitting flash and short story fiction to on-line magazines. sites, and contests. I came to "Fantasy Faction" as a result of a newsletter I receive, directing writers to mags and sites accepting submissions, paying and non-paying, and contests. I am going to enter the Fantasy Writing Contest and plan on submitting here, also.

So where is the story that was supposed to be a compilation of writers posting lines to an ongoing fantasy tale, each person writing a line after reading the lines from previous writers? After a certain time period, it was to be edited by staff, then posted and reviewed and critiqued by all the writers and readers.
R.A.Savary

Offline Autumn2May

• Word Mage
  • Administrator
  • Khaleesi
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: April 06, 2012, 11:50:27 PM »
Hi, I'm Rodney, from Twin Ports, Duluth/Superior (Minnesota, Wisconsin). I am working hard at exposing myself in public, and trying to build up a bio and attract some extra energy and support for my novel, "Special." After I completed the first draft, I created a website with the intent of attracting agents or publishers, and general support. I am involved in the query process, (aka, the rejection process) and I have also been submitting flash and short story fiction to on-line magazines. sites, and contests. I came to "Fantasy Faction" as a result of a newsletter I receive, directing writers to mags and sites accepting submissions, paying and non-paying, and contests. I am going to enter the Fantasy Writing Contest and plan on submitting here, also.

So where is the story that was supposed to be a compilation of writers posting lines to an ongoing fantasy tale, each person writing a line after reading the lines from previous writers? After a certain time period, it was to be edited by staff, then posted and reviewed and critiqued by all the writers and readers.

Faction Tale is coming very soon!  Overlord is at a con this weekend, but I will ask him to post about it when he comes back. :)  Welcome to the boards! Hope you enjoy your stay! :)

Offline EmilySian

« Reply #502 on: April 12, 2012, 01:00:56 PM »
Hi, :)

Im Emily. I've always been a bookworm for as long as I can remember, head in the clouds and nose in a book half the time growing up. First got into fantasy when I was about 12 and read Garth Nix's Sabriel. The author that made me want to be a writer, now im working on my own fantasy novel. Ever since i've been hooked eagerly devouring whatever fantasy I can find. Love George R.R Martin, robin hobb, robert jordan, brandon sanderson, garth nix, patrick rothfuss, mark lawrence, alison croggon, trudi canavan, william nicholson, lev grossman, ect ect ect. I'm currently reading part two of Way of Kigns by Sanderson. :D

Offline Autumn2May

• Word Mage
  • Administrator
  • Khaleesi
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: April 12, 2012, 01:11:57 PM »
Hi, :)

Im Emily. I've always been a bookworm for as long as I can remember, head in the clouds and nose in a book half the time growing up. First got into fantasy when I was about 12 and read Garth Nix's Sabriel. The author that made me want to be a writer, now im working on my own fantasy novel. Ever since i've been hooked eagerly devouring whatever fantasy I can find. Love George R.R Martin, robin hobb, robert jordan, brandon sanderson, garth nix, patrick rothfuss, mark lawrence, alison croggon, trudi canavan, william nicholson, lev grossman, ect ect ect. I'm currently reading part two of Way of Kigns by Sanderson. :D

Welcome Emily!  Sounds like you'll fit in here perfectly. ;) Hope you enjoy your stay! :)

Offline THElewisdix

« Reply #504 on: April 12, 2012, 06:47:41 PM »
I've already posted elsewhere on this forum, but figured I'd finally come say hi properly.

I'm 26 years old (on the decline) and live in Reno, NV. Been a fan of sci-fi/fantasy ever since I was little, and have always had an affinity for reading/writing...probably to make up for my mumble-mouth when I speak haha. I've been a text-gamer (MUDder) since I was about 12, and created some of the content enjoyed by customers/players at Lusternia and soon-to-be-released Lithmeria. So I guess you could say that I've been writing for about that long.

I've had an idea for a book in my head for a while now, but after reading one really great book and one really bad book over the last few months I decided to finally jump into the mix.  Currently writing the first part of a planned trilogy, about 12,000 words in at the moment...so I'm still a noob.  ;D

Lots of great advice at this forum and at the site. Used the articles on songs just yesterday.

Cheers!
-- Lewis
I, Minion: "Fun, dark, a worthy read!"
http://amzn.to/ZwVnOu

Offline Autumn2May

• Word Mage
  • Administrator
  • Khaleesi
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: April 12, 2012, 07:04:05 PM »
I've already posted elsewhere on this forum, but figured I'd finally come say hi properly.

I'm 26 years old (on the decline) and live in Reno, NV. Been a fan of sci-fi/fantasy ever since I was little, and have always had an affinity for reading/writing...probably to make up for my mumble-mouth when I speak haha. I've been a text-gamer (MUDder) since I was about 12, and created some of the content enjoyed by customers/players at Lusternia and soon-to-be-released Lithmeria. So I guess you could say that I've been writing for about that long.

I've had an idea for a book in my head for a while now, but after reading one really great book and one really bad book over the last few months I decided to finally jump into the mix.  Currently writing the first part of a planned trilogy, about 12,000 words in at the moment...so I'm still a noob.  ;D

Lots of great advice at this forum and at the site. Used the articles on songs just yesterday.

Cheers!
-- Lewis

Welcome to the forums fellow writing noob. :) Hope you enjoy your stay! :D

Offline Dave Hardy

« Reply #506 on: April 28, 2012, 04:48:23 AM »
Howdy, my name's Dave Hardy. I write fantasy (Sword & Sorcery style) in my spare time. I've had stuff published in Dark Worlds, Swords of Fire, Abandoned Towers, Dreams in the Fire, and just lately had a novel published through Musa Publishing.

I'm a fan of Robert E. Howard, and have written a certain amount of lit-crit on his work. Also Michael Moorcock, Fritz Leiber, Tolkien (of course), Karl Edward Wagner, HP Lovecraft, Clark Ashton Smith, well you get the picture...  :D

Offline Autumn2May

• Word Mage
  • Administrator
  • Khaleesi
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: April 28, 2012, 03:47:50 PM »
Howdy, my name's Dave Hardy. I write fantasy (Sword & Sorcery style) in my spare time. I've had stuff published in Dark Worlds, Swords of Fire, Abandoned Towers, Dreams in the Fire, and just lately had a novel published through Musa Publishing.

I'm a fan of Robert E. Howard, and have written a certain amount of lit-crit on his work. Also Michael Moorcock, Fritz Leiber, Tolkien (of course), Karl Edward Wagner, HP Lovecraft, Clark Ashton Smith, well you get the picture...  :D

Welcome Dave! Glad to have another writer in the forum! Hope you enjoy your stay! :)

Offline RachelHunter

« Reply #508 on: April 28, 2012, 04:16:15 PM »
Greetings!

I'm quite thrilled to be here and participate in the discussions of fantasy and 'writerly' subjects. I have been a fan of speculative fiction for many years, and I am looking forward to learning about new works and meeting fellow fans of the genre.

Pleased to meet you all~

Rachel

Offline visoin6425

« Reply #509 on: April 29, 2012, 10:34:29 PM »
Hey.
I'm not much of a writer, but I read to the point of it being unhealthy, and most of it is fantasy. I look forward to finding new authors and making friend.
GB
Everyone is a genius at least once a year. The real geniuses simply have their bright ideas closer together.
Georg C. Lichtenberg