December 13, 2019, 12:08:30 AM

Author Topic: Say Hi, I'm new thread  (Read 274043 times)

Offline Blackheart

Re: Say Hi, I'm new thread
« Reply #480 on: March 14, 2012, 07:51:44 PM »
Hi all
Came across the site on Twitter and thought it looked pretty cool. My name is Peter Flannery and I live in the Scottish Borders (UK). Like most of you I've been into fantasy all my life. I would say Jason and the Argonauts as a 5yr old was the first big impression. Lord of the Rings was my first love (and I love her still).

I have worked in the fantasy industry for a number of years as a sculptor, a game designer and as a writer and editor. I now work as an independant writer and I figured this would be a great place for motivation.

So, that's me just saying hello
Yours
Blackheart (old nickname!)

Offline Autumn2May

• Word Mage
  • Administrator
  • Khaleesi
  • Does the noise in my head bother you?
    • View Profile
    • The Write Way To Type - Writing Blog
« Reply #481 on: March 14, 2012, 08:07:18 PM »
Hi all
Came across the site on Twitter and thought it looked pretty cool. My name is Peter Flannery and I live in the Scottish Borders (UK). Like most of you I've been into fantasy all my life. I would say Jason and the Argonauts as a 5yr old was the first big impression. Lord of the Rings was my first love (and I love her still).

I have worked in the fantasy industry for a number of years as a sculptor, a game designer and as a writer and editor. I now work as an independant writer and I figured this would be a great place for motivation.

So, that's me just saying hello
Yours
Blackheart (old nickname!)

Welcome Blackheart!  We are always glad to have another artist and writer on the site!  If you're interested, we have a monthly short story contest.  You can check it out here:

http://fantasy-faction.com/forum/writers-corner/

Hope you enjoy your stay! :)

Offline Deborah Cardillo

« Reply #482 on: March 20, 2012, 12:45:00 AM »
Hi!

I'm Deborah. Like the thread title says, I'm new.

I got into fantasy at a very young age thanks to L. Frank Baum and The Wonderful Wizard of Oz. It was all downhill from there!

Like so many of the marvelous people here, I'm writing a novel. It's good to be among people who get it. When I go to writers' groups, they don't get fantasy. When I hang with friends who like fantasy they don't get the writing thing... So, again, just happy to have found Fantasy Faction (which I found when searching for book reviews of Wise Man's Fear, btw).

Offline j2starshine

« Reply #483 on: March 20, 2012, 02:43:44 AM »
Hi everyone! I've been looking for a community such as this. Yea! I'm not sure when my love for fantasy began but I love reading. From western to fantasy to historical fiction to a little sci-fi and yeah, back to fantasy again. My dream is to actually make a career out of writing fantasy. We shall see :)

Offline Autumn2May

• Word Mage
  • Administrator
  • Khaleesi
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: March 20, 2012, 12:49:01 PM »
Welcome Deborah and j2starshine!  Glad you both found us!  We hope you enjoy your stay! :)

Offline Oli

« Reply #485 on: March 25, 2012, 11:25:14 PM »
Hi! I actually said hi in this thread once last year, but then forgot to turn on email notifications, and life got full of busy, and I didn't check back… I'm a writer/ musician/ librarian, working on fantasy stories, regularly writing music reviews, reading stuff, liking some of it, drawing maps, thinking too much and being eclectic… I'm planning to hang out here lots, because I know literally no-one who has any interest in fantasy fiction, except for a couple of borrowers at work, who definitely don't like it for the same reasons that I do.
http://oliverarditi.com
http://oliverarditi.tumblr.com/
http://www.facebook.com/oliverarditi
http://twitter.com/oli_the_bass

'Writing about music is like dancing about architecture.' Martin Mull
'Firstly, there's a spanner in here, secondly, it has the right of way.' Tim

Offline Autumn2May

• Word Mage
  • Administrator
  • Khaleesi
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: March 26, 2012, 01:00:48 PM »
Hi! I actually said hi in this thread once last year, but then forgot to turn on email notifications, and life got full of busy, and I didn't check back… I'm a writer/ musician/ librarian, working on fantasy stories, regularly writing music reviews, reading stuff, liking some of it, drawing maps, thinking too much and being eclectic… I'm planning to hang out here lots, because I know literally no-one who has any interest in fantasy fiction, except for a couple of borrowers at work, who definitely don't like it for the same reasons that I do.

Welcome back! :)

Offline Anjasa

« Reply #487 on: April 01, 2012, 05:15:15 PM »
Alright, so I joined a while ago, but I like to stick around and see if a forum suits me before jumping in feet first. I'm terrible at introductions and talking about myself (as opposed to my opinions, which I'm much better at!).

I'm Anjasa, writer, blogger, gamer, person type thing. I write fantasy, scifi, fiction, and smut. Often erotica finds a place in all of my writing, though I don't tend to enjoy pure erotica. I've been into fantasy since I was a kid, and the love has only grown as I've aged. I love video games and media, especially television shows that allow for a bit more character and plot development than movies.

So yea, hey to all!

Offline Autumn2May

• Word Mage
  • Administrator
  • Khaleesi
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: April 01, 2012, 07:18:34 PM »
Alright, so I joined a while ago, but I like to stick around and see if a forum suits me before jumping in feet first. I'm terrible at introductions and talking about myself (as opposed to my opinions, which I'm much better at!).

I'm Anjasa, writer, blogger, gamer, person type thing. I write fantasy, scifi, fiction, and smut. Often erotica finds a place in all of my writing, though I don't tend to enjoy pure erotica. I've been into fantasy since I was a kid, and the love has only grown as I've aged. I love video games and media, especially television shows that allow for a bit more character and plot development than movies.

So yea, hey to all!

Welcome Anjasa!  Hope you enjoy your stay! :)

Offline Oli

« Reply #489 on: April 01, 2012, 07:56:55 PM »
Hi Anjasa! I'm very new, so probably not in a position to do too much welcoming, but welcome anyway!
http://oliverarditi.com
http://oliverarditi.tumblr.com/
http://www.facebook.com/oliverarditi
http://twitter.com/oli_the_bass

'Writing about music is like dancing about architecture.' Martin Mull
'Firstly, there's a spanner in here, secondly, it has the right of way.' Tim

Offline Eclipse

• Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
  • Dragonrider
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: April 02, 2012, 07:34:36 PM »
Hello all, I stumbled upon this forum by accident  and decided to join after reading some intresting topics here, everyone here seems very friendly and polite or is that just an act for the unsuspecting  ;D
According to some,* heroic deaths are admirable things

* Generally those who don't have to do it.Politicians and writers spring to mind

Jonathan Stroud:Ptolmy's Gate

Offline Autumn2May

• Word Mage
  • Administrator
  • Khaleesi
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: April 02, 2012, 07:44:51 PM »
Hello all, I stumbled upon this forum by accident  and decided to join after reading some intresting topics here, everyone here seems very friendly and polite or is that just an act for the unsuspecting  ;D

Welcome Eclipse!  Nah we don't bite, much. ;)  Hope you enjoy your stay! :)

Offline OfAllTheBars

« Reply #492 on: April 02, 2012, 08:24:06 PM »
Hi,

I'm Russell or OfAllTheBars on here.  (Yes, I'm a fan of Casablanca, and yes, Rick said '...of all the gin joints...', but I've got this as my user name in too many places to go around changing it.)  I joined FF back in October but only just realised I never dropped by here. 

I started in Fantasy many, many, many years ago with Terry Brooks. Terry's books and others gave me the urge to write - something I procrastinated on for some 22 years (or so). Finally, this year I got around to writing and am thoroughly enjoying it. 

Russell
(OfAllTheBars)

Offline Autumn2May

• Word Mage
  • Administrator
  • Khaleesi
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: April 02, 2012, 08:31:16 PM »
Hi,

I'm Russell or OfAllTheBars on here.  (Yes, I'm a fan of Casablanca, and yes, Rick said '...of all the gin joints...', but I've got this as my user name in too many places to go around changing it.)  I joined FF back in October but only just realised I never dropped by here. 

I started in Fantasy many, many, many years ago with Terry Brooks. Terry's books and others gave me the urge to write - something I procrastinated on for some 22 years (or so). Finally, this year I got around to writing and am thoroughly enjoying it. 

Russell
(OfAllTheBars)

I love your screen name! :D  Thanks for saying hi!  We're glad to have you here! :)

Offline Mistresselysia

« Reply #494 on: April 04, 2012, 01:51:39 PM »
Hello! I'm very new to here, but very old when it comes to fantasy... to say I've been in the fantasy game for a while is an understatement! It's always good to meet new fantasy peeps, though, and this seems like a friendly place to indulge in something a lot of other writing sites deem a bit peculiar at best (and downright wrong at worst).

I'm currently revising / editing my first proper non-fanfic, actually finished fantasy novel (that isn't a D&D rip off deep down), and a fantasy artist. I also write a lot of horror (Lovecraftian, mainly), have two beautiful daughters (3 and 9 months) and teach English for a living.