September 17, 2019, 05:58:29 PM

Author Topic: Say Hi, I'm new thread  (Read 246806 times)

Offline Autumn2May

• Word Mage
  • Administrator
  • Khaleesi
  • Does the noise in my head bother you?
    • View Profile
    • The Write Way To Type - Writing Blog
Re: Say Hi, I'm new thread
« Reply #465 on: February 08, 2012, 06:46:36 PM »
Hi :)

I got here through twitter. Amazing site! Ive just spent an hour prcrastinating on here, avoiding writing an english essay for my degree. aha.
  Im setting up my own small fantasy blog for a project for a digital publishing module, TheFantasyNook, so this site is very inspiring! I think I will be spending many more hours browsing around. Oh dear i've found my newest distraction from work.

EmilySian

Glad to have you EmilySian!  And if you are looking for a place to get distracted, then this is the site for you! ;)

Offline Staked

« Reply #466 on: February 15, 2012, 12:51:35 AM »
Hi, folks! New to the site, but not the genre. Stumbled upon the site while browsing the groups over on Goodreads. I've been reading fantasy ever since I was given a copy of Dragons of Autumn Twilight as a gift when I was 12. Currently I'm reading Red Seas Under Red Skies by Scott Lynch and enjoying it immensely.

Anyway, it's nice to be here!

Offline Autumn2May

• Word Mage
  • Administrator
  • Khaleesi
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: February 15, 2012, 01:07:38 AM »
Hi, folks! New to the site, but not the genre. Stumbled upon the site while browsing the groups over on Goodreads. I've been reading fantasy ever since I was given a copy of Dragons of Autumn Twilight as a gift when I was 12. Currently I'm reading Red Seas Under Red Skies by Scott Lynch and enjoying it immensely.

Anyway, it's nice to be here!

Welcome Staked!  Glad to have you! :)

Offline Nestat

• Terry Goodkind's Biggest Fan
  • Ambient Mage
  • The world needs more ginger heroes!
    • View Profile
    • nothingtree.wordpress.com
« Reply #468 on: February 16, 2012, 02:37:10 PM »
Hullo all!

Thought I'd introduce myself quickly - I've been reading SFF since... Nicholas Fisk at 7, I think? A long time, anyway. My family's been a fan of the genre since the 1920s, so I've never been short of people to talk to. But I thought it was about time I got more active on the online communities!

I'm currently reading Irenicon by Aidan Harte.

"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. They have not forgotten this." - Terry Pratchett

Offline Autumn2May

• Word Mage
  • Administrator
  • Khaleesi
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: February 16, 2012, 03:04:31 PM »
Hullo all!

Thought I'd introduce myself quickly - I've been reading SFF since... Nicholas Fisk at 7, I think? A long time, anyway. My family's been a fan of the genre since the 1920s, so I've never been short of people to talk to. But I thought it was about time I got more active on the online communities!

I'm currently reading Irenicon by Aidan Harte.

Welcome to the forums Nestat!  We hope you enjoy your stay! :)

Offline animal74

« Reply #470 on: February 21, 2012, 06:51:28 AM »
Hello from Canada!  It took me a while to register and then actually post on the forum after following on Twitter for a few months.  Looking forward to some good fantasy discussion and hopefully writing.  My favorite authors are David Gemmell and Stephen Lawhead although I'm very high on LOTR and Fablehaven as well.  I started out reading fantasy with Peggy Downing's Exitorn series, Susan Cooper's The Dark Is Rising Sequence and Narnia.  I'm currently reading Assassin's Quest by Robin Hobb and this trilogy will rank up with my favorites.  I'm on Twitter and Goodreads and am a five-year participant of NaNoWriMo although I've never won. 
Join the 3rd bi-annual "The Dark is Rising Readathon" starting December 1, 2017!
Facebook Group
Twitter

Offline Autumn2May

• Word Mage
  • Administrator
  • Khaleesi
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: February 21, 2012, 12:42:27 PM »
Hello from Canada!  It took me a while to register and then actually post on the forum after following on Twitter for a few months.  Looking forward to some good fantasy discussion and hopefully writing.  My favorite authors are David Gemmell and Stephen Lawhead although I'm very high on LOTR and Fablehaven as well.  I started out reading fantasy with Peggy Downing's Exitorn series, Susan Cooper's The Dark Is Rising Sequence and Narnia.  I'm currently reading Assassin's Quest by Robin Hobb and this trilogy will rank up with my favorites.  I'm on Twitter and Goodreads and am a five-year participant of NaNoWriMo although I've never won. 

Welcome animal74!  Glad to have you! :)  We just read Assassin's Apprentice for book club in July. :)

http://fantasy-faction.com/forum/(july)-assassin's-apprentice/

Offline SarahNewton

« Reply #472 on: February 28, 2012, 03:19:39 PM »
Hi everyone!

Ooops - I posted in the wrong place on my very first day. Doh! Anyway, here's me saying hello in the right place, rather than starting my very own thread to do so...  :D

So, I'm Sarah, I'm an RPG and genre fiction writer n reader, I'm a Brit but live in Normandy, occasionally found cluttering up conventions but generally living here in this field with a bunch of sheep and a laptop.

Glad to meet everyone - looking forwards to chatting! And hello to everyone here I know already - you know who you are ;)

Best,

Sarah

Offline Autumn2May

• Word Mage
  • Administrator
  • Khaleesi
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: February 28, 2012, 03:58:14 PM »
Hi everyone!

Ooops - I posted in the wrong place on my very first day. Doh! Anyway, here's me saying hello in the right place, rather than starting my very own thread to do so...  :D

So, I'm Sarah, I'm an RPG and genre fiction writer n reader, I'm a Brit but live in Normandy, occasionally found cluttering up conventions but generally living here in this field with a bunch of sheep and a laptop.

Glad to meet everyone - looking forwards to chatting! And hello to everyone here I know already - you know who you are ;)

Best,

Sarah

No worries. :)  That was a perfectly good place to put that thread. :)

Offline cairi

« Reply #474 on: February 28, 2012, 07:06:42 PM »
Hi, everyone... been following fantasy-faction on twitter and lurking here on the forum for a couple of months and decided I better tiptoe into the light and try to figure out how to post on the forums give a wave to everyone.  So... *waves*  :)

I'm a big fan of Tolkien, Michael J. Sullivan, David Gemmell, Naomi Novik, Douglas Hulick,  Jim Butcher, Jon Sprunk.  I favor the heroic neighborhood of fantasy over the gritty and dark back alleys.  I enjoy other genres as well: big fan of Lee Childs' Reacher novels and CJ Box's Joe Pickett mysteries, and sea-faring novels by Forrester, Alexander Kent and S. Thomas Russell.  I also love a good western.

I'm a writer, though it's been years since I had anything published (a humor column in a Christian women's magazine, eons ago).  Now that my daughter is older, I'm going to start writing with more serious intent again and see what happens.  Some of you may know me from the LOTR fandom online or twitter; my full name there is cairistiona (@cairistiona7 on twitter).  I've just decided that's too much of a mouthful, so cairi it shall be here.

Looking forward to chatting now and again!

Offline Autumn2May

• Word Mage
  • Administrator
  • Khaleesi
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: February 28, 2012, 07:31:24 PM »
Hi, everyone... been following fantasy-faction on twitter and lurking here on the forum for a couple of months and decided I better tiptoe into the light and try to figure out how to post on the forums give a wave to everyone.  So... *waves*  :)

I'm a big fan of Tolkien, Michael J. Sullivan, David Gemmell, Naomi Novik, Douglas Hulick,  Jim Butcher, Jon Sprunk.  I favor the heroic neighborhood of fantasy over the gritty and dark back alleys.  I enjoy other genres as well: big fan of Lee Childs' Reacher novels and CJ Box's Joe Pickett mysteries, and sea-faring novels by Forrester, Alexander Kent and S. Thomas Russell.  I also love a good western.

I'm a writer, though it's been years since I had anything published (a humor column in a Christian women's magazine, eons ago).  Now that my daughter is older, I'm going to start writing with more serious intent again and see what happens.  Some of you may know me from the LOTR fandom online or twitter; my full name there is cairistiona (@cairistiona7 on twitter).  I've just decided that's too much of a mouthful, so cairi it shall be here.

Looking forward to chatting now and again!

Welcome to the forums! :)  Sounds like you'll fit in nicely here. :)

Offline FlemmingHansen

« Reply #476 on: March 11, 2012, 11:39:18 AM »
Hello everyone! Guess what, I'm another newbie on the forum.

I've been a fan of fantasy for nearly twenty years, and currently I'm working on my first novel (fantasy ofc.). Damn it's hard work :D
I'll pop by now and then for feedback, advise or chit chat. Or I might be lurking in the shadows armed with my plastic teeth.

Until then...
Cheers :)

twitter|blog|website

Offline Autumn2May

• Word Mage
  • Administrator
  • Khaleesi
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: March 13, 2012, 12:27:33 AM »
Hello everyone! Guess what, I'm another newbie on the forum.

I've been a fan of fantasy for nearly twenty years, and currently I'm working on my first novel (fantasy ofc.). Damn it's hard work :D
I'll pop by now and then for feedback, advise or chit chat. Or I might be lurking in the shadows armed with my plastic teeth.

Until then...
Cheers :)

Welcome to the forums!  We're glad to have you here. :)

Offline RobJHayes

« Reply #478 on: March 13, 2012, 10:14:44 AM »
Hello all.

New to the forum so thought I'd say hi. Found this place via Twitter and seems to have a nice friendly community.

So... Hello! :D
Twitter: @RoboftheHayes

Offline Autumn2May

• Word Mage
  • Administrator
  • Khaleesi
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: March 13, 2012, 12:23:19 PM »
Hello all.

New to the forum so thought I'd say hi. Found this place via Twitter and seems to have a nice friendly community.

So... Hello! :D

Hello to you as well! We pride ourselves on being a friendly place to geek out about fantasy. :) Hope you enjoy your stay!